|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bars were searched looking for Elwood Dowd?
2. Who calls in to speak with Veta Simmons?
(a) Elwood Dowd.
(b) Ruth Kelly.
(c) Dr. William Chumley.
3. How does Elwood Dowd respond to Wilson's questions?
(a) Politely and calmly.
(b) Elwood Dowd does not respond.
(c) Very abruptly.
4. What does Elwood Dowd do immediately upon arriving home?
(a) He pours himself some liquor from the bottle hidden in the bookshelf.
(b) He picks up Myrtle Mae Simmons' package and runs outside with it.
(c) He sneaks down to the basement to be alone.
(d) He makes a phone call to Betty Chumley.
5. To whom is Myrtle Mae Simmons immediately attracted?
(a) Judge Gaffney.
(c) Dr. Lyman Sanderson.
(d) Dr. William Chumley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Wilson been searching for Elwood Dowd?
2. Who enters the scene after Elwood Dowd, Dr. Lyman Sanderson, and the nurse exit?
3. Who enters with a bouquet of flowers for Ruth Kelly?
4. What is Elwood Dowd's initial reaction upon seeing the parcel Myrtle Mae Simmons left?
5. What is Veta Simmons' reaction when she sees the portrait of Elwood Dowd and Harvey on the mantle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tactic does Dr. William Chumley use to get Elwood Dowd to return home again? Is it successful?
2. How does Dr. William Chumley get escorted out of Charlie's Place, according to Elwood Dowd?
3. With whom does Elwood Dowd speak to on the phone when he arrives home and what does he talk about?
4. What is Veta Simmons' reasoning for why she was committed instead of Elwood Dowd?
5. What is Elwood Dowd's reaction to the parcel brought out by Myrtle Mae Simmons?
6. Who enters the sanitarium toward the end of this scene? What is this person's emotional state?
7. When Elwood Dowd mentions to Ruth Kelly that he has things he needs to do, what is he referring to?
8. According to Elwood Dowd, how did Harvey get his name?
9. What does Myrtle Mae Simmons offer up as "proof" that Elwood Dowd is a horrible person to live with (at least according to her)?
10. In his phone conversation home in this scene, what does Elwood Dowd want to know?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)