|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wilson's attitude toward Elwood Dowd's story regarding Dr. William Chumley?
(a) He is extremely skeptical.
(b) He is amazed and speechless.
(c) He believes Elwood Dowd.
(d) He couldn't care less.
2. Who seems most concerned about the character that's gone missing at the outset of the scene?
(a) Dr. Lyman Sanderson.
(b) Ruth Kelly.
(d) Veta Simmons.
3. Where has Wilson been searching for Elwood Dowd?
(a) The corridors of Chumley's Rest.
(b) Under the stairwell.
(c) Area bars.
(d) Local sporting events.
4. Where does this scene take place?
(a) The Dowd mansion.
(b) The office in Chumley's Rest.
(c) A padded cell.
(d) Charlie's Place.
5. What does Harvey look like, according to this scene?
(a) A giant rabbit with a fez and a leather belt.
(b) A giant rabbit with a spiked collar.
(c) A giant rabbit with a polka dot collar and red necktie.
(d) A giant rabbit with a hat and trenchcoat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elwood Dowd say he and Harvey have adventures every night?
2. What happens as Elwood Dowd talks to his sister on the phone?
3. What kind of advice does Dr. Lyman Sanderson give Ruth Kelly?
4. How did Harvey receive his name, according to Elwood Dowd?
5. Where does Dr. Lyman Sanderson take Elwood Dowd?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who enters the sanitarium toward the end of this scene? What is this person's emotional state?
2. In one or two sentences, describe how the evening's events transpired, according to Elwood Dowd.
3. How does Dr. William Chumley get escorted out of Charlie's Place, according to Elwood Dowd?
4. Why is Myrtle Mae Simmons surprised when Judge Gaffney arrives at the Dowd home?
5. What does Myrtle Mae Simmons offer up as "proof" that Elwood Dowd is a horrible person to live with (at least according to her)?
6. Why do you think Wilson is agitated when he finally locates Elwood Dowd back at Chumley's Rest?
7. What does Ruth Kelly find out when she calls Charlie's Place to verify Elwood Dowd's story?
8. What do you think Elwood Dowd meant when he confesses "I wrestled with reality for forty years and I am happy to state that I finally won out over it"?
9. How does Dr. Lyman Sanderson try to psychoanalyze Elwood Dowd's relationship with Harvey?
10. What becomes clear about Elwood Dowd in this scene?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)