|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dr. Chumley go to hide?
(a) Upstairs at the sanitarium.
(b) A broom closet.
(c) The basement.
(d) His office.
2. After several drinks, with whom did Dr. Chumley get into an argument over who should pay?
(b) The barkeep.
3. Why did Elwood return to Chumley's Rest?
(a) To keep his appointment with Miss Kelly and Dr. Sanderson.
(b) To see how everyone was getting along.
(c) To check himself in.
(d) To harass them about admitting Veta earlier.
4. Where has Wilson been searching for Elwood?
(a) The corridors of Chumley's Rest.
(b) Under the stairwell.
(c) Area bars.
(d) Local sporting events.
5. What does Dr. Sanderson tell Elwood?
(a) He believes he can see Harvey, too.
(b) He's sorry they committed Veta.
(c) He has to face reality.
(d) He and Miss Kelly are running off together.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Veta, what keeps people going and separates them from "the beasts"?
2. What does Veta believe is protecting her brother?
3. Who enters the Dowd home early in Act 2, Scene 1, looking disheveled and shaken?
4. What is Dr. Chumley's emotional state in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who does Miss Kelly call to verify Elwood's story?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)