|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Dr. Chumley's wife?
(a) Barbara Chumley.
(b) Christine Chumley.
(c) Betty Chumley.
(d) Doreen Chumley.
2. How tall is Harvey, according to Elwood?
(a) Four feet tall.
(b) Ten feet tall.
(c) Eight feet tall.
(d) Six feet tall.
3. In whom does Miss Kelly seem to be romantically interested in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. William Chumley.
(b) Dr. Lyman Sanderson.
4. How does Elwood speak to Mrs. Greenawalt?
(a) Very abstractly.
(b) Very politely.
(c) Very sadly.
(d) Very rudely.
5. What detail about Elwood does Veta originally reveal to Dr. Sanderson?
(a) Elwood is too organized.
(b) Elwood is a drinker.
(c) Elwood is a widower.
(d) Elwood is delirious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Wilson say he left Veta after he took her upstairs in the sanitarium?
2. What does Elwood get from behind a book on the bookcase?
3. What does Elwood tell Ethel Chauvenet when she reacts to his casual conversation with his invisible friend?
4. Who are discussing the treatment to be given to Veta in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Myrtle Mae answers the phone as the first scene begins. Who is calling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tactic does Dr. Chumley use to get Elwood to return home again? Is it successful?
2. What does Miss Kelly fear about "accidentally" committing Elwood earlier that day instead of his "crazy" sister?
3. What becomes clear about Elwood in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Do you think that Ethel Chauvenet could see Harvey, given that Harvey likes her very much?
5. When Veta asks Elwood to wait for her in the parlor in Act 1, Scene 1, what do you think she wants to talk to him about?
6. Why is Dr. Sanderson mortified when he first learns that Elwood has been admitted and sent upstairs at the sanitarium?
7. What does Veta tell Dr. Sanderson that makes him think she's the crazy one?
8. Why does Elwood enter the sanitarium with flowers for Miss Kelly in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. When Elwood mentions to Miss Kelly that he has things he needs to do, what is he referring to?
10. With whom does Elwood speak to on the phone in Act 2, Scene 1 when he arrives home and what does he talk about?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)