|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whom is Ruth Kelly interested?
(a) Dr. Lyman Sanderson.
(b) Dr. Wilson.
(c) Dr. Henry Jeckyll.
(d) Dr. William Chumley.
2. What does Elwood Dowd tell Ethel Chauvenet when she reacts to his casual conversation with his invisible friend?
(a) Not to be alarmed.
(b) That all their lives are in danger if Harvey is not appeased.
(c) That Harvey favors her and will bless her home.
(d) She better be good or Harvey will get her.
3. How does Elwood Dowd speak to Mrs. Greenawalt?
(a) Very rudely.
(b) Very sadly.
(c) Very politely.
(d) Very abstractly.
4. With whom does Elwood Dowd discuss the details of the book he picked from the bookshelf?
(a) Veta Simmons.
(b) Ethel Chauvenet.
(d) Myrtle Mae Simmons.
5. Which character was selected to be the associate doctor at the sanitarium?
(a) Dr. William B. Chumley.
(b) Miss Johnson.
(c) Dr. Lyman Sanderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does Harvey take?
2. What does Dr. Lyman Sanderson believe about Veta Simmons?
3. Who does Elwood Dowd say that Harvey would like?
4. What does Myrtle Mae Simmons wonder aloud about her uncle, Eldwood Dowd?
5. Whom does Ethel Chauvenet invite to dinner "soon"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Veta Simmons tell Dr. Lyman Sanderson that makes him think she's the crazy one?
2. How does Elwood Dowd treat everyone on the sanitarium's staff?
3. Do you think that Ethel Chauvenet could see Harvey, given that he likes her very much?
4. What does Dr. Lyman Sanderson believe is Veta Simmons' motivation for coming to the sanitarium and telling him about Elwood Dowd and Harvey?
5. According to Veta Simmons, to whom did her mother leave everything, including the mansion?
6. When Veta Simmons asks Elwood Dowd to wait for her in the parlor, what do you think she wants to talk to him about?
7. Describe the nurse, Ruth Kelly.
8. What do we learn about Elwood Dowd in this first scene of the play?
9. What does Ruth Kelly fear about "accidentally" committing Elwood Dowd earlier that day instead of his "crazy" sister?
10. Given Veta Simmons' reactions to Elwood Dowd and her daughter, do you think she truly disbelieves her brother regarding Harvey?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)