|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While talking to Veta,what does Dr. Sanderson do?
(a) He starts laughing hysterically.
(b) He stands up and runs out of the room to get Wilson.
(c) He presses a buzzer on his desk and keeps the conversation moving.
(d) He tells her to go home.
2. Where does Wilson say he left Veta after he took her upstairs in the sanitarium?
(a) In the sauna.
(b) In solitary confinement.
(c) In the massage room.
(d) In the hydro tub.
3. What is the name of Dr. Chumley's wife?
(a) Barbara Chumley.
(b) Doreen Chumley.
(c) Betty Chumley.
(d) Christine Chumley.
4. What does Veta confess to Dr. Sanderson about Harvey?
(a) That Harvey has been killing sheep in the area.
(b) That Harvey keeps her awake sometimes by whistling.
(c) That even she has seen him occasionally.
(d) That Harvey is a ridiculous fantasy of Elwood's.
5. To make sure that Elwood is "alone", Veta asks Myrtle Mae to verify what in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Whether or not Ethel Chauvenet is with Elwood.
(b) Where Elwood is.
(c) If Elwood is drunk or sober.
(d) Whether or not Harvey is with Elwood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Myrtle Mae and her mother primarily trying to achieve?
2. What observation does Myrtle Mae make about her mother in relation to her uncle, Elwood?
3. What does Dr. Chumley do to Dr. Sanderson when he finds out they admitted the wrong patient?
4. Which of these characters is constantly being visited by a Pooka?
5. How does Elwood deal with his invisible friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Veta's speech about the importance of art significant, if at all?
2. How do Miss Kelly and Dr. Sanderson interact throughout Act 1, Scene 2? What does this reveal about their relationship?
3. Why is Elwood not upset by the revelation that Dr. Sanderson and even his sister wish to have him committed to Chumley's Rest?
4. What becomes clear about Elwood in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. When Veta asks Elwood to wait for her in the parlor in Act 1, Scene 1, what do you think she wants to talk to him about?
6. Why does Judge Gaffney believe that administering Formula 977 to Elwood is a good idea?
7. How does Myrtle Mae Simmons feel about her uncle?
8. Given Veta's reactions to Elwood and her daughter, do you think she truly disbelieves her brother regarding Harvey?
9. According to Elwood, what are Harvey's special powers?
10. According to Elwood, how did Harvey get his name?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)