|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elwood want to know from Miss Kelly and Dr. Sanderson?
(a) Where Harvey's hat and coat are.
(b) Whether or not they are an item.
(c) If Wilson is as grumpy as he seems.
(d) If they are ready to go out for drinks.
2. Who seems most concerned about the character that has gone missing at the outset of Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) Miss Kelly.
(d) Dr. Sanderson.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, Veta informs Dr. Chumley that she knows where Elwood is. Where is he?
(a) He's at Charlie's Place.
(b) He's at the sanitarium.
(c) He's in the mansion's basement.
(d) He's waiting at the bus stop.
4. After several drinks, with whom did Dr. Chumley get into an argument over who should pay?
(d) The barkeep.
5. What does Veta believe is protecting her brother?
(a) The Pooka.
(b) An uncommon good luck streak.
(c) A small revolver.
(d) Sheer naïveté.
6. What does Elwood tell Miss Kelly about Dr. Chumley's whereabouts?
(a) He is on a train to Pittsburgh.
(b) He is at Charlie's Place.
(c) He doesn't know where Dr. Chumley is.
(d) He is at the Dowd mansion.
7. In Act 2, Scene 1, Veta was extremely upset by the doctor's questions at Chumley's Rest because they all related to _______________.
(a) Potty training.
(b) Celtic mythology.
(c) Giant rabbits.
(d) Sexual urges.
8. Who does Miss Kelly call to verify Elwood's story?
(b) Charlie's Place.
(c) Mrs. Greenawalt.
(d) Ethel Chauvenet.
9. Myrtle Mae insists that the judge do what?
(a) Set her up with Ethel Chauvenet's grandson.
(b) Talk some sense to Dr. Chumley.
(c) Find Elwood and lock him up.
(d) Call an area-wide search for Elwood.
10. According to Veta, what keeps people going and separates them from "the beasts"?
(a) Our dreams.
(c) Desire for acceptance.
(d) Gasoline-powered cars.
11. According to Elwood, people around town tell him about their _______________ each night.
(a) fears and anxieties
(c) hopes, dreams, and loves
12. Who is helping Dr. Sanderson pack his things?
(c) Dr. Chumley.
(d) Miss Kelly.
13. According to Elwood's story, after Dr. Chumley was through with his argument he ______________.
(a) Played a game of darts.
(b) Lost a lot of money on a pool hustle.
(c) Went on drinking.
(d) Approached a beautiful blonde sitting nearby.
14. How does Judge Gaffney feel about Elwood being locked up in the sanitarium?
(a) He feels vindicated.
(b) He is amused.
(c) He is relieved that Elwood is finally getting some help.
(d) He feels bad about it.
15. Where does Dr. Sanderson claim to have seen Miss Kelly last Saturday in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a dance.
(c) At a bar.
(d) At a cocktail party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Chumley want to know about Elwood in Act 2, Scene 1 ?
2. What is Miss Kelly's reaction to Elwood's story about Dr. Chumley?
3. What is Elwood's initial reaction upon seeing the parcel Myrtle Mae left?
4. What happens to the front door at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Myrtle Mae bring into the room as proof her uncle is not well?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)