|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elwood Dowd want to know from Ruth Kelly and Dr. Lyman Sanderson?
(a) If they are ready to go out for drinks.
(b) Where Harvey's hat and coat are.
(c) If Wilson is as grumpy as he seems.
(d) Whether or not they are an item.
2. What happens as Elwood Dowd talks to his sister on the phone?
(a) Harvey arrives where Elwood Dowd is.
(b) Harvey greets the people in the mansion.
(c) Elwood Dowd curses under his breath.
(d) Elwood Dowd hangs up in a panic.
3. Who calls in to speak with Veta Simmons?
(b) Dr. William Chumley.
(c) Elwood Dowd.
(d) Ruth Kelly.
4. Why did Elwood Dowd return to Chumley's Rest?
(a) To keep his appointment with Ruth Kelly and Dr. Lyman Sanderson.
(b) To check himself in.
(c) To harass them about admitting Veta Simmons earlier.
(d) To see how everyone was getting along.
5. Where does Dr. Lyman Sanderson claim to have seen Ruth Kelly last Saturday?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At the mall.
(c) At a dance.
(d) At a cocktail party.
6. Who enters, looking disheveled and shaken?
(a) Elwood Dowd.
(b) Veta Simmons.
(c) Dr. William Chumley.
(d) Myrtle Mae Simmons.
7. What is Elwood Dowd's initial reaction upon seeing the parcel Myrtle Mae Simmons left?
(a) He is terrified.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is saddened.
8. What does Dr. William Chumley ask Wilson to do?
(a) Be careful.
(b) Clear out his desk.
(c) Lock the front door.
(d) Feed the cat.
9. What does Veta Simmons try to get Elwood Dowd to do?
(a) Turn himself in at the police station.
(b) Come back to the mansion looking for Harvey.
(c) Go ahead and commit her to the sanitarium.
(d) To run as far away as he can.
10. Where does Veta Simmons tell Elwood Dowd that Harvey is located?
(a) At the sanitarium.
(b) In the mansion's bathtub.
(c) At the mailbox across the road.
(d) In the mansion's basement.
11. Where does this scene take place?
(a) A field near town.
(b) The police station.
(c) The sanitarium.
(d) The Dowd library.
12. What is Dr. William Chumley's emotional state when he enters the sanitarium?
(a) He is crying.
(b) He is babbling incoherently.
(c) He is punch drunk.
(d) He is nervous.
13. To whom is Myrtle Mae Simmons immediately attracted?
(a) Dr. Lyman Sanderson.
(c) Dr. William Chumley.
(d) Judge Gaffney.
14. How did Harvey receive his name, according to Elwood Dowd?
(a) The name was drawn at random from a hat.
(b) Harvey was given his name by a higher power.
(c) Harvey told Elwood Dowd what his name was.
(d) Harvey let Elwood Dowd pick the name.
15. Veta Simmons was extremely upset by the doctors' questions at Chumley's Rest because they all related to _______________.
(a) Celtic mythology.
(b) Giant rabbits.
(c) Sexual urges.
(d) Potty training.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the front door at the end of this scene?
2. What is Veta Simmons' reaction when she sees the portrait of Elwood Dowd and Harvey on the mantle?
3. What does Ruth Kelly ask Elwood Dowd when she first sees him in this scene?
4. What does Dr. William Chumley assure Judge Gaffney of to hopefully avoid a lawsuit?
5. Who comes to the house, asking about Veta Simmons?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)