|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Elwood Dowd say he and Harvey have adventures every night?
(a) The city.
(b) In a mystical land.
(c) In bars.
(d) The Dowd mansion's basement.
2. Where was Harvey when Elwood Dowd first met him?
(a) By a river.
(b) At Chumley's Rest.
(c) In the Dowd mansion.
(d) Leaning against a white lamp post.
3. What is Dr. William Chumley's emotional state when he enters the sanitarium?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is punch drunk.
(c) He is babbling incoherently.
(d) He is crying.
4. What does Myrtle Mae Simmons bring into the room as proof her uncle is not well?
(a) A large flat parcel.
(b) A sculpture of Plato.
(c) A collection of rabbit-themed dinner plates.
(d) A diary written by Elwood Dowd to Harvey.
5. According to the phone conversation at the beginning of this scene, who has gone missing for four hours?
(a) Dr. William Chumley.
(b) Mrs. Greenawalt.
(c) Veta Simmons.
(d) Elwood Dowd.
6. Who calls in to speak with Veta Simmons?
(a) Dr. William Chumley.
(b) Ruth Kelly.
(c) Elwood Dowd.
7. What does Elwood Dowd do immediately upon arriving home?
(a) He picks up Myrtle Mae Simmons' package and runs outside with it.
(b) He sneaks down to the basement to be alone.
(c) He pours himself some liquor from the bottle hidden in the bookshelf.
(d) He makes a phone call to Betty Chumley.
8. Where does this scene take place?
(a) The Dowd mansion.
(b) Charlie's Place.
(c) A padded cell.
(d) The office in Chumley's Rest.
9. Where does Elwood Dowd tell Betty Chumley about his location?
(a) That he was at Chumley's Rest.
(b) That he was where he was.
(c) That he was at home.
(d) That he was at Charlie's Place.
10. Upon learning where Elwood Dowd is, what does Dr. William Chumley do?
(a) He shrugs and gives up.
(b) He sends Wilson to fetch Elwood Dowd.
(c) He invites Veta Simmons to help him get Elwood Dowd.
(d) He goes to get Elwood Dowd on his own.
11. What does Dr. William Chumley believe?
(a) He is being followed.
(b) All responses are correct.
(c) He is beginning to understand Elwood Dowd.
(d) He is able to see Harvey
12. What does Elwood Dowd find in Myrtle Mae Simmons' package?
(a) A wooden plaque engraved to Harvey.
(b) A small bundle of books about Pookas.
(c) A family tree book.
(d) A portrait of Elwood Dowd and Harvey.
13. What does Harvey look like, according to this scene?
(a) A giant rabbit with a polka dot collar and red necktie.
(b) A giant rabbit with a spiked collar.
(c) A giant rabbit with a fez and a leather belt.
(d) A giant rabbit with a hat and trenchcoat.
14. How did Harvey receive his name, according to Elwood Dowd?
(a) Harvey let Elwood Dowd pick the name.
(b) Harvey told Elwood Dowd what his name was.
(c) The name was drawn at random from a hat.
(d) Harvey was given his name by a higher power.
15. According to Elwood Dowd's story, after Dr. William Chumley was through with his argument he ______________.
(a) Went on drinking.
(b) Played a game of darts.
(c) Lost a lot of money on a pool hustle.
(d) Hit on a blond sitting nearby.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Judge Gaffney, what are some of Elwood Dowd's strong points?
2. Where has Wilson been searching for Elwood Dowd?
3. What happens to the front door at the end of this scene?
4. What does Elwood do before leaving the scene again?
5. Where does Elwood Dowd put the contents he finds in Myrtle Mae Simmons' flat parcel?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)