|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Myrtle Mae Simmons bring into the room as proof her uncle is not well?
(a) A sculpture of Plato.
(b) A diary written by Elwood Dowd to Harvey.
(c) A collection of rabbit-themed dinner plates.
(d) A large flat parcel.
2. According to Elwood Dowd, people around town tell him about their _______________ each night.
(a) fears and anxieties
(c) hopes, dreams, and loves
(d) craft projects
3. What does Dr. William Chumley want to know about Elwood Dowd?
(a) If Harvey is with Elwood Dowd.
(b) Where Elwood Dowd is.
(c) If Elwood Dowd really sees something the rest of them don't.
(d) If Elwood Dowd would save him a seat at Charlie's Place.
4. Where does Elwood Dowd tell Betty Chumley about his location?
(a) That he was where he was.
(b) That he was at Chumley's Rest.
(c) That he was at Charlie's Place.
(d) That he was at home.
5. How many bars were searched looking for Elwood Dowd?
6. Why did Elwood Dowd return to Chumley's Rest?
(a) To see how everyone was getting along.
(b) To keep his appointment with Ruth Kelly and Dr. Lyman Sanderson.
(c) To check himself in.
(d) To harass them about admitting Veta Simmons earlier.
7. What is Dr. William Chumley's emotional state when he enters the sanitarium?
(a) He is crying.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is punch drunk.
(d) He is babbling incoherently.
8. Throughout this scene, who remains adamant that Elwood Dowd be locked up in the sanitarium?
(b) Myrtle Mae Simmons.
(c) Dr. Lyman Sanderson.
(d) Veta Simmons.
9. Who seems most concerned about the character that's gone missing at the outset of the scene?
(a) Veta Simmons.
(b) Dr. Lyman Sanderson.
(d) Ruth Kelly.
10. According to Veta Simmons, what keeps people going and separates them from "the beasts"?
(b) Desire for acceptance.
(c) Our dreams.
(d) Gasoline-powered cars.
11. What does Ruth Kelly ask Elwood Dowd when she first sees him in this scene?
(a) How Veta Simmons is doing.
(b) Where Dr. William Chumley is.
(c) How Harvey is doing.
(d) Where the library is.
12. After several drinks, with whom did Dr. William Chumley get into an argument over who should pay?
(b) The barkeep.
(c) Elwood Dowd.
(d) Veta Simmons.
13. What does Dr. William Chumley ask Wilson to do?
(a) Feed the cat.
(b) Lock the front door.
(c) Clear out his desk.
(d) Be careful.
14. What does Dr. Lyman Sanderson ask Elwood Dowd to do?
(a) Recount the night's events.
(b) Quit talking about Harvey.
(c) Get ready to be admitted to the sanitarium.
(d) Pay for the drinks and Charlie's.
15. Where does this scene take place?
(a) The Dowd mansion.
(b) Charlie's Place.
(c) A padded cell.
(d) The office in Chumley's Rest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Harvey when Elwood Dowd first met him?
2. How does Elwood Dowd respond to Wilson's questions?
3. What does Elwood Dowd do immediately upon arriving home?
4. What does Veta Simmons tell Dr. William Chumley about her brother, Elwood Dowd?
5. Who holds back Wilson when he tries to physically assault Elwood Dowd?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)