|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of advice does Dr. Lyman Sanderson give Ruth Kelly?
(a) Dating advice.
(b) Cooking advice.
(c) Travel tips.
(d) Packing advice.
2. How does Elwood Dowd respond to Wilson's questions?
(b) Elwood Dowd does not respond.
(c) Politely and calmly.
(d) Very abruptly.
3. Who enters with a bouquet of flowers for Ruth Kelly?
(a) Veta Simmons.
(b) Dr. William Chumley.
(d) Elwood Dowd.
4. Throughout this scene, who remains adamant that Elwood Dowd be locked up in the sanitarium?
(a) Dr. Lyman Sanderson.
(b) Veta Simmons.
(d) Myrtle Mae Simmons.
5. According to Elwood Dowd's story, after Dr. William Chumley was through with his argument he ______________.
(a) Went on drinking.
(b) Played a game of darts.
(c) Lost a lot of money on a pool hustle.
(d) Hit on a blond sitting nearby.
6. Why did Elwood Dowd return to Chumley's Rest?
(a) To harass them about admitting Veta Simmons earlier.
(b) To keep his appointment with Ruth Kelly and Dr. Lyman Sanderson.
(c) To see how everyone was getting along.
(d) To check himself in.
7. What does Elwood Dowd do immediately upon arriving home?
(a) He sneaks down to the basement to be alone.
(b) He pours himself some liquor from the bottle hidden in the bookshelf.
(c) He makes a phone call to Betty Chumley.
(d) He picks up Myrtle Mae Simmons' package and runs outside with it.
8. What does Myrtle Mae Simmons bring into the room as proof her uncle is not well?
(a) A collection of rabbit-themed dinner plates.
(b) A sculpture of Plato.
(c) A diary written by Elwood Dowd to Harvey.
(d) A large flat parcel.
9. What is Ruth Kelly's reaction to Elwood Dowd's story about Dr. William Chumley?
(a) She seems to believe him.
(b) She seems shocked.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is indifferent.
10. What does Ruth Kelly tell Dr. Lyman Sanderson?
(a) She never really liked him.
(b) She feels they have too much time alone together.
(c) She is sorry he's leaving.
(d) She is in love with someone else.
11. Veta Simmons informs Dr. William Chumley that she knows where Elwood Dowd is. Where is he?
(a) He's waiting at the bus stop.
(b) He's at the sanitarium.
(c) He's in the mansion's basement.
(d) He's at Charlie's Place.
12. What happens to the front door at the end of this scene?
(a) It opens and closes by itself.
(b) It unlocks itself.
(d) It disappears.
13. What does Elwood Dowd want to know from Ruth Kelly and Dr. Lyman Sanderson?
(a) If they are ready to go out for drinks.
(b) If Wilson is as grumpy as he seems.
(c) Whether or not they are an item.
(d) Where Harvey's hat and coat are.
14. Who calls in to speak with Veta Simmons?
(a) Ruth Kelly.
(b) Elwood Dowd.
(d) Dr. William Chumley.
15. What does Veta Simmons ask the judge to do?
(a) Sue the sanitarium.
(b) Help her to her room.
(c) Execute a restraining order on Wilson.
(d) Take her out to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems most concerned about the character that's gone missing at the outset of the scene?
2. What does Dr. William Chumley assure Judge Gaffney of to hopefully avoid a lawsuit?
3. Where does this scene take place?
4. After several drinks, with whom did Dr. William Chumley get into an argument over who should pay?
5. Where does Veta Simmons tell Elwood Dowd that Harvey is located?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)