Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Miss Kelly call to verify Elwood's story?
(a) Ethel Chauvenet.
(b) Mrs. Greenawalt.
(c) Charlie's Place.
2. What does Miss Kelly ask Elwood when she first sees him in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Where Dr. Chumley is.
(b) How Harvey is doing.
(c) How Veta is doing.
(d) Where the library is.
3. What kind of advice does Dr. Sanderson give Miss Kelly in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Dating advice.
(b) Cooking advice.
(c) Packing advice.
(d) Travel tips.
4. What happens as Elwood talks to his sister on the phone in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Harvey arrives where Elwood is.
(b) Elwood curses under his breath.
(c) Harvey greets the people in the mansion.
(d) Elwood hangs up in a panic.
5. Who enters with a bouquet of flowers for Miss Kelly in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. Chumley.
(b) Dr. Sanderson.
6. Who holds back Wilson when he tries to assault Elwood?
(a) Dr. Sanderson.
(c) Dr. Chumley.
(d) Miss Kelly.
7. What does Dr. Chumley assure Judge Gaffney of in the hopes of avoiding a lawsuit?
(a) That Wilson was really to blame for Veta's rough treatment.
(b) That everything was a total misunderstanding.
(c) That Dr. Sanderson has been fired.
(d) That he was planning on shutting down the sanitarium soon.
8. How many bars were searched looking for Elwood in Act 2, Scene 1 ?
9. How did Harvey receive his name, according to Elwood?
(a) The name was drawn at random from a hat.
(b) Harvey told Elwood what his name was.
(c) Harvey let Elwood pick the name.
(d) Harvey was given his name by a higher power.
10. What does Myrtle Mae claim about living with her uncle?
(a) That he's always spoiling her.
(b) That he never takes a bath.
(c) That it's not so bad after a while.
(d) That it is horrendous.
11. To whom is Myrtle Mae immediately attracted?
(a) Dr. Sanderson.
(b) Judge Gaffney.
(d) Dr. Chumley.
12. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The police station.
(b) The Dowd library.
(c) A field near town.
(d) The sanitarium.
13. What is Miss Kelly's reaction to Elwood's story about Dr. Chumley?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She seems to believe him.
(c) She seems shocked.
(d) She is amused.
14. Why did Elwood return to Chumley's Rest?
(a) To check himself in.
(b) To harass them about admitting Veta earlier.
(c) To see how everyone was getting along.
(d) To keep his appointment with Miss Kelly and Dr. Sanderson.
15. What is Dr. Chumley's emotional state in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He is babbling incoherently.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is crying.
(d) He is punch drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Kelly tell Dr. Sanderson in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who enters the scene in Act 2, Scene 2 after Elwood, Dr. Sanderson, and the nurse exit?
3. Where does Dr. Sanderson take Elwood in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who seems most concerned about the character that has gone missing at the outset of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Elwood do immediately upon arriving home for the first time in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)