|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Miss Kelly call to verify Elwood's story?
(a) Charlie's Place.
(b) Ethel Chauvenet.
(c) Mrs. Greenawalt.
2. How does Wilson react toward Elwood when he sees him?
(a) He embraces Elwood warmly.
(b) He asks how Harvey is doing.
(c) He is very confrontational.
(d) He acts aloof and won't speak.
3. What is Dr. Chumley's emotional state in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He is babbling incoherently.
(b) He is punch drunk.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is crying.
4. What is Elwood's initial reaction upon seeing the parcel Myrtle Mae left?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is saddened.
5. Where does Act 2, Scene 2 take place?
(a) Charlie's Place.
(b) The office in Chumley's Rest.
(c) The Dowd mansion.
(d) A padded cell.
6. What does Elwood find in Myrtle Mae's package?
(a) A family tree book.
(b) A wooden plaque engraved to Harvey.
(c) A portrait of Elwood and Harvey.
(d) A small bundle of books about Pookas.
7. Myrtle Mae insists that the judge do what?
(a) Find Elwood and lock him up.
(b) Call an area-wide search for Elwood.
(c) Set her up with Ethel Chauvenet's grandson.
(d) Talk some sense to Dr. Chumley.
8. What does Dr. Chumley want to know about Elwood in Act 2, Scene 1 ?
(a) If Elwood would save him a seat at Charlie's Place.
(b) If Harvey is with Elwood.
(c) If Elwood really sees something the rest of them don't.
(d) Where Elwood is.
9. Why did Elwood return to Chumley's Rest?
(a) To check himself in.
(b) To harass them about admitting Veta earlier.
(c) To see how everyone was getting along.
(d) To keep his appointment with Miss Kelly and Dr. Sanderson.
10. According to Veta, what keeps people going and separates them from "the beasts"?
(a) Gasoline-powered cars.
(b) Desire for acceptance.
(c) Our dreams.
11. What does Elwood tell Betty Chumley about his location in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) That he was where he was.
(b) That he was at home.
(c) That he was at Charlie's Place.
(d) That he was at Chumley's Rest.
12. Where does Dr. Sanderson take Elwood in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To the Dowd mansion.
(b) To a padded cell.
(c) To Charlie's Place.
(d) Upstairs in the sanitarium.
13. According to Elwood's story, after Dr. Chumley was through with his argument he ______________.
(a) Lost a lot of money on a pool hustle.
(b) Approached a beautiful blonde sitting nearby.
(c) Went on drinking.
(d) Played a game of darts.
14. How does Elwood respond to Wilson's questions?
(b) Elwood does not respond.
(c) Very abruptly.
(d) Politely and calmly.
15. What does Myrtle Mae claim about living with her uncle?
(a) That he never takes a bath.
(b) That it's not so bad after a while.
(c) That it is horrendous.
(d) That he's always spoiling her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Veta ask the judge to do in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What happens as Elwood talks to his sister on the phone in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who is helping Dr. Sanderson pack his things?
4. What does Myrtle Mae bring into the room as proof her uncle is not well?
5. How does Judge Gaffney feel about Elwood being locked up in the sanitarium?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)