|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon learning where Elwood Dowd is, what does Dr. William Chumley do?
(a) He invites Veta Simmons to help him get Elwood Dowd.
(b) He goes to get Elwood Dowd on his own.
(c) He sends Wilson to fetch Elwood Dowd.
(d) He shrugs and gives up.
2. Where does this scene take place?
(a) Charlie's Place.
(b) A padded cell.
(c) The office in Chumley's Rest.
(d) The Dowd mansion.
3. What does Veta Simmons ask the judge to do?
(a) Sue the sanitarium.
(b) Help her to her room.
(c) Execute a restraining order on Wilson.
(d) Take her out to dinner.
4. What does Harvey look like, according to this scene?
(a) A giant rabbit with a fez and a leather belt.
(b) A giant rabbit with a polka dot collar and red necktie.
(c) A giant rabbit with a hat and trenchcoat.
(d) A giant rabbit with a spiked collar.
5. According to Judge Gaffney, what are some of Elwood Dowd's strong points?
(a) Dashing, forceful, and brave.
(b) Absent-minded, helpful.
(c) Brains, personality and friends.
(d) Creative, strong, and quick-witted.
6. After several drinks, with whom did Dr. William Chumley get into an argument over who should pay?
(b) Veta Simmons.
(c) Elwood Dowd.
(d) The barkeep.
7. Who enters the scene after Elwood Dowd, Dr. Lyman Sanderson, and the nurse exit?
(a) Dr. William Chumley.
(c) Veta Simmons.
(d) Judge Gaffney.
8. What does Dr. William Chumley believe?
(a) He is being followed.
(b) All responses are correct.
(c) He is able to see Harvey
(d) He is beginning to understand Elwood Dowd.
9. What does Elwood Dowd tell Dr. Lyman Sanderson about the name Harvey?
(a) It's easy to spell.
(b) He likes it because its a gentle-sounding name.
(c) His uncle was named Harvey.
(d) He never met anyone named that before.
10. As the scene opens, who is talking on the phone?
(a) Dr. Lyman Sanderson.
(c) Dr. William Chumley.
(d) Ruth Kelly.
11. What does Ruth Kelly ask Elwood Dowd when she first sees him in this scene?
(a) Where Dr. William Chumley is.
(b) How Harvey is doing.
(c) How Veta Simmons is doing.
(d) Where the library is.
12. What is Dr. William Chumley's emotional state when he enters the sanitarium?
(a) He is babbling incoherently.
(b) He is crying.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is punch drunk.
13. Where does Dr. Lyman Sanderson claim to have seen Ruth Kelly last Saturday?
(a) At a cocktail party.
(b) At the mall.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At a dance.
14. What does Elwood Dowd find in Myrtle Mae Simmons' package?
(a) A small bundle of books about Pookas.
(b) A family tree book.
(c) A portrait of Elwood Dowd and Harvey.
(d) A wooden plaque engraved to Harvey.
15. What does Dr. William Chumley want to know about Elwood Dowd?
(a) If Elwood Dowd would save him a seat at Charlie's Place.
(b) If Elwood Dowd really sees something the rest of them don't.
(c) If Harvey is with Elwood Dowd.
(d) Where Elwood Dowd is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elwood Dowd say Dr. William Chumley found him?
2. What does Elwood Dowd tell Betty Chumley on the phone?
3. Why did Elwood Dowd return to Chumley's Rest?
4. Throughout this scene, who remains adamant that Elwood Dowd be locked up in the sanitarium?
5. What does Elwood do before leaving the scene again?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)