|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Chumley do to Dr. Sanderson when he finds out they admitted the wrong patient?
(a) Dr. Chumley realizes it was a simple mistake and that he'll look into it personally.
(b) Dr. Chumley fires Dr. Sanderson.
(c) Dr. Chumley cackles to himself and goes home, ignoring Dr. Sanderson.
(d) Dr. Chumley demands that Dr. Sanderson sort it out.
2. What does Betty Chumley tell the sanitarium staff about Harvey?
(a) His name and that he's a Pooka.
(b) His jacket and hat size.
(c) His name, height, and favorite foods.
(d) His name and preferences for making friends.
3. What form does Harvey take?
(a) Giant guinea pig.
(b) Giant hamster.
(c) Giant rabbit.
(d) Giant cat.
4. How does Elwood describe Harvey to Dr. Chumley's wife?
(a) All responses are correct.
(b) He's a Pooka.
(c) He's very choosy about who he likes.
(d) He's very tall.
5. Whom does Dr. Sanderson believe needs immediate treatment?
(a) Ethel Chauvenet.
(c) Ruth Kelly.
6. Who does Elwood tell Dr. Chumley's wife that he's looking for?
(a) Mrs. Greenawalt.
(d) Dr. Sanderson.
7. What detail about Elwood does Veta originally reveal to Dr. Sanderson?
(a) Elwood is too organized.
(b) Elwood is a widower.
(c) Elwood is delirious.
(d) Elwood is a drinker.
8. While talking to Veta,what does Dr. Sanderson do?
(a) He stands up and runs out of the room to get Wilson.
(b) He presses a buzzer on his desk and keeps the conversation moving.
(c) He tells her to go home.
(d) He starts laughing hysterically.
9. What is the name of the main character's invisible friend?
10. What are Myrtle Mae and her mother primarily trying to achieve?
(a) They are trying to get help for Elwood.
(b) They are trying to harbor a fugitive from justice.
(c) They are plotting to rob a bank.
(d) They want to be accepted by the town's society.
11. Who does Dr. Chumley call to verify the name of the patient to be admitted to the sanitarium?
(a) Judge Gaffney.
(b) Myrtle Mae.
(c) Mrs. Greenawalt.
12. What does Elwood get from behind a book on the bookcase?
(a) A will.
(b) A pair of reading glasses.
(c) A bottle of liquor.
(d) A bottle of arsenic.
13. What words appear at the bottom of the page that Wilson is reading when Act 1, Scene 2 ends?
(a) "How are you, Mr. Wilson?"
(b) "You'll never find me, Mr. Wilson"
(c) "You're standing on my foot, Mr. Wilson."
(d) "Hey, put me down!"
14. What does Wilson read at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) An encyclopedia.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A psychiatrics manual.
(d) A sales pamphlet.
15. Which character was selected to be the associate doctor at the sanitarium?
(a) Dr. William B. Chumley.
(c) Dr. Lyman Sanderson.
(d) Miss Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Elwood's outlook when Wilson brings him to Dr. Sanderson?
2. What does Mrs. Greenawalt try to sell Elwood over the phone?
3. In whom does Miss Kelly seem to be romantically interested in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. To make sure that Elwood is "alone", Veta asks Myrtle Mae to verify what in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Which character is a telemarketer to whom Veta speaks on the telephone?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)