Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Dr. Chumley's wife?
(a) Barbara Chumley.
(b) Christine Chumley.
(c) Betty Chumley.
(d) Doreen Chumley.
2. How tall is Harvey, according to Elwood?
(a) Four feet tall.
(b) Ten feet tall.
(c) Eight feet tall.
(d) Six feet tall.
3. In whom does Miss Kelly seem to be romantically interested in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. William Chumley.
(b) Dr. Lyman Sanderson.
4. How does Elwood speak to Mrs. Greenawalt?
(a) Very abstractly.
(b) Very politely.
(c) Very sadly.
(d) Very rudely.
5. What detail about Elwood does Veta originally reveal to Dr. Sanderson?
(a) Elwood is too organized.
(b) Elwood is a drinker.
(c) Elwood is a widower.
(d) Elwood is delirious.
6. Where does Wilson say he left Veta after he took her upstairs in the sanitarium?
(a) In the hydro tub.
(b) In the sauna.
(c) In solitary confinement.
(d) In the massage room.
7. What does Elwood get from behind a book on the bookcase?
(a) A bottle of liquor.
(b) A bottle of arsenic.
(c) A pair of reading glasses.
(d) A will.
8. What does Elwood tell Ethel Chauvenet when she reacts to his casual conversation with his invisible friend?
(a) That all their lives are in danger if Harvey is not appeased.
(b) She better be good or Harvey will get her.
(c) That Harvey favors her and will bless her home.
(d) Not to be alarmed.
9. Who are discussing the treatment to be given to Veta in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. Sanderson, Wilson, and Myrtle Mae.
(b) Dr. Chumley, Dr. Sanderson, and Miss Kelly.
(c) Dr. Chumley, Wilson, and Miss Kelly.
(d) Dr. Chumley, Myrtle Mae, and Miss Kelly.
10. Myrtle Mae answers the phone as the first scene begins. Who is calling?
(a) The IRS.
(b) A long-lost friend.
(c) The Society Editor of the local paper.
(d) The Reader's Digest.
11. What form does Harvey take?
(a) Giant guinea pig.
(b) Giant rabbit.
(c) Giant cat.
(d) Giant hamster.
12. Which of these characters is constantly being visited by a Pooka?
(a) Dr. Lyman Sanderson.
(b) Elwood Dowd.
(c) Myrtle Mae Simmons.
(d) Ethel Chauvenet.
13. How do the employees of the sanitarium regard Dr. William Chumley?
(a) They think he's going broke.
(b) They think he only cares about money.
(c) They are very respectful of him.
(d) They think he's over the hill and needs to retire.
14. What does Dr. William Chumley suggest that Dr. Sanderson can use on Veta for her treatment?
(a) Formula 44.
(b) Formula 779.
(c) Formula 977.
(d) Formula 401.
15. What does Dr. Chumley do to Dr. Sanderson when he finds out they admitted the wrong patient?
(a) Dr. Chumley realizes it was a simple mistake and that he'll look into it personally.
(b) Dr. Chumley demands that Dr. Sanderson sort it out.
(c) Dr. Chumley fires Dr. Sanderson.
(d) Dr. Chumley cackles to himself and goes home, ignoring Dr. Sanderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Veta trying to do at the sanitarium?
2. What does Wilson read at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What one word best sums up the type of humor in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the name of the orderly in Chumley's rest?
5. What is Ethel Chauvenet's reaction to Elwood's invisible friend?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)