|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Greenawalt try to sell Elwood over the phone?
(a) A vacuum.
(b) A vacation package.
(c) A set of custom knives.
(d) A subscription.
2. How does Elwood describe Harvey to Dr. Chumley's wife?
(a) He's very choosy about who he likes.
(b) All responses are correct.
(c) He's very tall.
(d) He's a Pooka.
3. Ethel Chauvenet is important in the first scene because ______________________.
(a) She has a cure-all for dementia.
(b) She can sing Italian arias by memory.
(c) She has a grandson about Myrtle Mae's age.
(d) She is a fashion consultant to the Simmons women.
4. What form does Harvey take?
(a) Giant guinea pig.
(b) Giant hamster.
(c) Giant cat.
(d) Giant rabbit.
5. What does Elwood get from behind a book on the bookcase?
(a) A will.
(b) A bottle of liquor.
(c) A pair of reading glasses.
(d) A bottle of arsenic.
6. What does Dr. Sanderson ask about Veta?
(a) When she can come in for therapy.
(b) Whether or not she would like a job at Chumley's rest.
(c) What her habits are and if she's still grieving for her mother.
(d) Where she currently lives.
7. Who does Dr. Chumley call to verify the name of the patient to be admitted to the sanitarium?
(a) Myrtle Mae.
(b) Mrs. Greenawalt.
(c) Judge Gaffney.
8. What does Betty Chumley tell the sanitarium staff about Harvey?
(a) His name and preferences for making friends.
(b) His jacket and hat size.
(c) His name, height, and favorite foods.
(d) His name and that he's a Pooka.
9. With whom does Elwood consult about a potential dinner with Ethel Chauvenet?
(b) Dr. William Chumley.
(d) Myrtle Mae.
10. What does Elwood tell Ethel Chauvenet when she reacts to his casual conversation with his invisible friend?
(a) Not to be alarmed.
(b) That all their lives are in danger if Harvey is not appeased.
(c) That Harvey favors her and will bless her home.
(d) She better be good or Harvey will get her.
11. Which of these characters is constantly being visited by a Pooka?
(a) Ethel Chauvenet.
(b) Dr. Lyman Sanderson.
(c) Myrtle Mae Simmons.
(d) Elwood Dowd.
12. What is Elwood's outlook when Wilson brings him to Dr. Sanderson?
(a) Cheerful and polite.
(b) Wryly amused.
(c) Sad but compliant.
(d) Outraged and angry.
13. How old is Elwood Dowd, approximately?
14. According to Elwood, what exactly IS his invisible friend?
(a) A Pooka.
(b) A wood spirit.
(c) A great enigma.
(d) A pixie.
15. Who are discussing the treatment to be given to Veta in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dr. Chumley, Wilson, and Miss Kelly.
(b) Dr. Sanderson, Wilson, and Myrtle Mae.
(c) Dr. Chumley, Myrtle Mae, and Miss Kelly.
(d) Dr. Chumley, Dr. Sanderson, and Miss Kelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Myrtle Mae wonder aloud about her uncle, Elwood?
2. How do the employees of the sanitarium regard Dr. William Chumley?
3. According to Elwood in Act 1, Scene 2, Harvey would like which other character?
4. In whom does Miss Kelly seem to be romantically interested in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How does Elwood deal with his invisible friend?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)