Short Essay Questions Key
1. How does Myrtle Mae Simmons feel about her uncle?
Myrtle Mae thinks Elwood is crazy and that he is ruining her social life. She wishes he would leave her and her mother alone.
2. Why do you think Elwood Dowd invites Mrs. Greenawalt, a telemarketer, to his sister's party?
Elwood is genuinely kind and compassionate. He invites Mrs. Greenawalt because he feels he should to be polite.
3. Why is Veta Simmons trying to get accepted by the town's society folk?
Veta wants to be accepted socially herself and she wants to find a suitable, upwardly-mobile husband for her daughter, Myrtle Mae.
4. Why does Veta ask her daughter to be especially nice to Ethel Chauvenet?
Veta asks Myrtle Mae to be nice because Ethel Chauvenet has a grandson about Myrtle's age that might be a good suitor.
5. According to Veta, to whom did her mother leave everything, including the mansion?
Veta's mother left everything to Elwood.
This section contains 2,622 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)