Short Essay Questions
1. How does Myrtle Mae Simmons feel about her uncle?
2. Why do you think Elwood Dowd invites Mrs. Greenawalt, a telemarketer, to his sister's party?
3. Why is Veta Simmons trying to get accepted by the town's society folk?
4. Why does Veta ask her daughter to be especially nice to Ethel Chauvenet?
5. According to Veta, to whom did her mother leave everything, including the mansion?
6. Describe Elwood.
7. What do we learn about Elwood in the very first scene of the play?
8. Why do you suppose Elwood insists on introducing Harvey to everyone?
9. Why does Ethel Chauvenet react the way she does when introduced to Harvey?
10. Do you think that Ethel Chauvenet could see Harvey, given that Harvey likes her very much?
11. When Veta asks Elwood to wait for her in the parlor in Act 1, Scene 1, what do you think she wants to talk to him about?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)