Short Answer Key
Act 1, Scene 1
1. Which of these characters is constantly being visited by a Pooka?
2. What is the name of the main character's niece?
Myrtle Mae Simmons.
3. What is the name of the main character's invisible friend?
4. How old is Elwood Dowd, approximately?
5. Who else besides Elwood can see his invisible friend?
Whomever the invisible friend wishes to see it.
6. What does Elwood carry around with him?
A hat and raincoat.
7. How is Elwood dressed when we first see him?
In a hat and raincoat.
8. Myrtle Mae answers the phone as the first scene begins. Who is calling?
The Society Editor of the local paper.
9. What is Myrtle Mae's attitude toward Elwood?
She is embarrassed by him.
10. What are Myrtle Mae and her mother primarily trying to achieve?
They want to be accepted by...
This section contains 2,827 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)