|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the nurse, Ruth Kelly, give to Dr. Lyman Sanderson for wanting the two of them to join Elwood Dowd for drinks later that night?
(a) Elwood Dowd promised to pay.
(b) Elwood Dowd was pitiful and sad and needed company.
(c) Elwood Dowd could teach them how to drink flaming shots.
(d) Elwood Dowd is such a gentleman.
2. According to Elwood Dowd, what exactly IS his invisible friend?
(a) A pixie.
(b) A wood spirit.
(c) A great enigma.
(d) A Pooka.
3. What form does Harvey take?
(a) Giant rabbit.
(b) Giant guinea pig.
(c) Giant cat.
(d) Giant hamster.
4. Where does Elwood Dowd put the contents he finds in Myrtle Mae Simmons' flat parcel?
(a) On the mantle, over the picture of his mother.
(b) On the back of the front door to the mansion.
(c) In the hallway, near the hall tree.
(d) In the garbage.
5. Betty Chumley and Wilson are left alone at the end of this scene. What do they talk about?
(a) What a Pooka is.
(b) How polite Elwood Dowd is.
(c) What a tremendous mistake it was to admit Veta Simmons.
(d) When the office would be remodeled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Ethel Chauvenet invite to dinner "soon"?
2. To whom is Myrtle Mae Simmons immediately attracted?
3. How is Elwood Dowd dressed when we first see him?
4. Who seems most concerned about the character that's gone missing at the outset of the scene?
5. Where does this scene take place?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)