|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls in to speak with Veta Simmons?
(a) Dr. William Chumley.
(b) Ruth Kelly.
(d) Elwood Dowd.
2. What does Myrtle Mae Simmons claim about living with her uncle?
(a) That he's always spoiling her.
(b) That it is horrendous.
(c) That he never takes a bath.
(d) That it's not so bad after a while.
3. What are Myrtle Mae Simmons and her mother primarily trying to achieve?
(a) They are trying to get help for Elwood Dowd.
(b) They are plotting to rob a bank.
(c) They are trying to harbor a fugitive from justice.
(d) They want to be accepted by the town's society.
4. What is Veta Simmons' reaction whenever Elwood Dowd's invisible friend's name is mentioned?
(a) She becomes angry.
(b) She giggles and goes back to her business.
(c) She refers to her invisible friend by name.
(d) She sighs and flops down in a chair.
5. What is Myrtle Mae Simmons' attitude toward Elwood Dowd?
(a) She is embarrassed by him.
(b) She loves him very deeply because he is eccentric.
(c) She finds him rude and obnoxious.
(d) She is fearful for his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters, looking disheveled and shaken?
2. What does Betty Chumley tell the sanitarium staff about Harvey?
3. To whom is Myrtle Mae Simmons immediately attracted?
4. What does Dr. Lyman Sanderson ask about Veta Simmons?
5. What does Veta Simmons confess to Dr. Lyman Sanderson about Harvey?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)