|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Veta Simmons trying to do at the sanitarium?
(a) Have Elwood Dowd commited for evaluation.
(b) Create a business partnership with Ruth Kelly.
(c) Evaluate the facilities for future fund-raising events.
(d) Introduce Myrtle Mae Simmons to Wilson.
2. With whom does Elwood Dowd consult about a potential dinner with Ethel Chauvenet?
(a) Myrtle Mae Simmons.
(c) Dr. William Chumley.
(d) Veta Simmons.
3. According to Elwood Dowd, what exactly IS his invisible friend?
(a) A wood spirit.
(b) A pixie.
(c) A Pooka.
(d) A great enigma.
4. According to the sanitarium staff, who entered the sanitarium with Elwood Dowd?
(a) Veta Simmons only.
(b) Veta Simmons and Harvey.
(c) Veta Simmons and Wilson.
(d) Veta Simmons and Myrtle Mae Simmons.
5. What are Myrtle Mae Simmons and her mother primarily trying to achieve?
(a) They are plotting to rob a bank.
(b) They are trying to harbor a fugitive from justice.
(c) They want to be accepted by the town's society.
(d) They are trying to get help for Elwood Dowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ethel Chauvenet is key in the first scene because ______________________.
2. Who does Dr. Lyman Sanderson believe needs immediate treatment?
3. What does Myrtle Mae Simmons wonder aloud about her uncle, Eldwood Dowd?
4. What does Elwood Dowd carry around with him?
5. What does Dr. Lyman Sanderson posit as the reason why Veta Simmons came to Chumley's Rest?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)