|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At one point in this scene, Veta Simmons asks Myrtle Mae Simmons to verify what?
(a) Whether or not Harvey was with Elwood.
(b) Whether or not Mrs. Greenawalt has good taste in whiskey.
(c) Whether or not Ethel Chauvenet's grandson will be at the dinner.
(d) If Elwood Dowd had any prescription medications.
2. How do the employees of the sanitarium regard Dr. William Chumley?
(a) They think he's over the hill and needs to retire.
(b) They are very respectful of him.
(c) They think he only cares about money.
(d) They think he's going broke.
3. What is Ethel Chauvenet's reaction to Elwood Dowd's imaginary friend?
(a) She is oddly accepting of it.
(b) She is horrified and wants to get away.
(c) She calls the sanitarium immediately.
(d) She introduces Elwood Dowd to her own imaginary friend.
4. Who else besides Elwood Dowd can see his invisible friend?
(a) Whomever the invisible friend wishes to see it.
(b) No-one else.
(c) Anyone Elwood Dowd introduces his friend to.
(d) Just Elwood Dowd's immediate family.
5. What is Veta Simmons trying to do at the sanitarium?
(a) Introduce Myrtle Mae Simmons to Wilson.
(b) Create a business partnership with Ruth Kelly.
(c) Have Elwood Dowd commited for evaluation.
(d) Evaluate the facilities for future fund-raising events.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Elwood Dowd consult about a potential dinner with Ethel Chauvenet?
2. How does Elwood Dowd speak to Mrs. Greenawalt?
3. What one word best sums up the type of humor in this scene?
4. How does Elwood Dowd deal with his invisible friend?
5. What is Elwood Dowd's outlook when Wilson brings him to Dr. Lyman Sanderson?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)