|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Elwood Dowd, what exactly IS his invisible friend?
(a) A wood spirit.
(b) A pixie.
(c) A Pooka.
(d) A great enigma.
2. Who does Dr. William Chumley call to verify the name of the patient to be admitted to the sanitarium?
(a) Mrs. Greenawalt.
(c) Myrtle Mae Simmons.
(d) Judge Gaffney.
3. What reason does the nurse, Ruth Kelly, give to Dr. Lyman Sanderson for wanting the two of them to join Elwood Dowd for drinks later that night?
(a) Elwood Dowd was pitiful and sad and needed company.
(b) Elwood Dowd could teach them how to drink flaming shots.
(c) Elwood Dowd promised to pay.
(d) Elwood Dowd is such a gentleman.
4. Does Elwood Dowd order from Mrs. Greenawalt?
(a) Yes, two subscriptions.
(c) Yes, one subscription.
(d) Yes, three subscriptions.
5. How tall is Harvey, according to Elwood Dowd?
(a) Six feet tall.
(b) Ten feet tall.
(c) Eight feet tall.
(d) Four feet tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the probable reason why Veta Simmons wants to get in with the town's society crowd?
2. What does Elwood Dowd carry around with him?
3. What are Veta Simmons and Ruth Kelly talking about?
4. How does Elwood Dowd describe Harvey to Dr. William Chumley's wife?
5. What does Dr. William Chumley suggest that Dr. Lyman Sanderson can use on Veta Simmons for her treatment?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)