|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main character's invisible friend?
2. When Veta Simmons hangs up the phone with Mrs. Greenawalt, what does she declare?
(a) That Elwood Dowd has embarrassed her for the last time.
(b) That Mrs. Greenawalt may have an alcohol problem.
(c) That Mrs. Greenawalt is an annoyance.
(d) That Elwood Dowd's invisible friend could be the life of the party.
3. What does Elwood Dowd carry around with him?
(a) A hat and raincoat.
(b) An umbrella and a pocket knife.
(c) A Bible and a set of keys.
(d) A snowglobe and a rabbit's foot.
4. What is Veta Simmons' reaction to Elwood Dowd's "friend"?
(a) She feels helpless and cries a lot.
(b) She is embarrassed, but tries to deal with it.
(c) She actively introduces Elwood Dowd's invisible buddy to everyone.
(d) She suspects Elwood Dowd has been taking hallucinogenic drugs.
5. What does Mrs. Greenawalt try to sell Elwood Dowd over the phone?
(a) A vacation package.
(b) A set of custom knives.
(c) A vacuum.
(d) A subscription.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Elwood Dowd order from Mrs. Greenawalt?
2. What is Myrtle Mae Simmons' attitude toward Elwood Dowd?
3. How old is Elwood Dowd, approximately?
4. With whom does Veta Simmons speak next on the telephone?
5. What is Veta Simmons' reaction whenever Elwood Dowd's invisible friend's name is mentioned?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)