|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Elwood Dowd consult about a potential dinner with Ethel Chauvenet?
(b) Dr. William Chumley.
(c) Myrtle Mae Simmons.
(d) Veta Simmons.
2. How is Elwood Dowd dressed when we first see him?
(a) In a business suit.
(b) In a military officer's dress uniform.
(c) In a floral shirt and cargo shorts.
(d) In a hat and raincoat.
3. Ethel Chauvenet is key in the first scene because ______________________.
(a) She has a cure-all for dementia.
(b) She can sing Italian arias by memory.
(c) She has a grandson about Myrtle Mae Simmons' age.
(d) She is a fashion consultant to the Simmons women.
4. What is the name of the main character's invisible friend?
5. Throughout the dialogue between Myrtle Mae Simmons and her mother, what do we learn about their attitude towards Elwood Dowd?
(a) They feel he is mentally unstable.
(b) They believe he is trying to get himself committed to a mental institution.
(c) They believe he is eccentric and charming.
(d) They feel his invisible friend is real.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Veta Simmons' reaction whenever Elwood Dowd's invisible friend's name is mentioned?
2. According to the dialogue in this scene between Veta SImmons and Ethel Chauvenet, do the two women see each other often?
3. How does Elwood Dowd speak to Mrs. Greenawalt?
4. What does Mrs. Greenawalt try to sell Elwood Dowd over the phone?
5. With whom does Veta Simmons speak next on the telephone?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)