|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Throughout this scene, who remains adamant that Elwood Dowd be locked up in the sanitarium?
(a) Veta Simmons.
(c) Myrtle Mae Simmons.
(d) Dr. Lyman Sanderson.
2. What does Elwood Dowd do immediately upon arriving home?
(a) He pours himself some liquor from the bottle hidden in the bookshelf.
(b) He picks up Myrtle Mae Simmons' package and runs outside with it.
(c) He sneaks down to the basement to be alone.
(d) He makes a phone call to Betty Chumley.
3. Who else besides Elwood Dowd can see his invisible friend?
(a) Whomever the invisible friend wishes to see it.
(b) Anyone Elwood Dowd introduces his friend to.
(c) Just Elwood Dowd's immediate family.
(d) No-one else.
4. With whom does Elwood Dowd consult about a potential dinner with Ethel Chauvenet?
(a) Myrtle Mae Simmons.
(c) Veta Simmons.
(d) Dr. William Chumley.
5. Upon learning where Elwood Dowd is, what does Dr. William Chumley do?
(a) He sends Wilson to fetch Elwood Dowd.
(b) He invites Veta Simmons to help him get Elwood Dowd.
(c) He goes to get Elwood Dowd on his own.
(d) He shrugs and gives up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Myrtle Mae Simmons and her mother primarily trying to achieve?
2. What is Veta Simmons' reaction whenever Elwood Dowd's invisible friend's name is mentioned?
3. Where does this scene take place?
4. What does Myrtle Mae Simmons claim about living with her uncle?
5. According to Veta Simmons, what keeps people going and separates them from "the beasts"?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)