|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elwood Dowd describe Harvey to Dr. William Chumley's wife?
(a) He's a Pooka.
(b) He's very choosy about who he likes.
(c) He's very tall.
(d) All responses are correct.
2. What is Myrtle Mae Simmons' attitude toward Elwood Dowd?
(a) She is embarrassed by him.
(b) She finds him rude and obnoxious.
(c) She loves him very deeply because he is eccentric.
(d) She is fearful for his life.
3. In what room does Elwood Dowd wait when the ladies excuse themselves?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The foyer.
(c) The living room.
(d) The parlor.
4. What does Myrtle Mae Simmons claim about living with her uncle?
(a) That he's always spoiling her.
(b) That it's not so bad after a while.
(c) That it is horrendous.
(d) That he never takes a bath.
5. How does Judge Gaffney feel about Elwood Dowd being locked up in the sanitarium?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He feels vindicated.
(c) He is relieved that Elwood Dowd is finally getting some help.
(d) He feels bad about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Veta Simmons and Ruth Kelly talking about?
2. What does Veta Simmons confess to Dr. Lyman Sanderson about Harvey?
3. With whom does Elwood Dowd consult about a potential dinner with Ethel Chauvenet?
4. Myrtle Mae Simmons answers the phone as the first scene begins. Who is calling?
5. What is Veta Simmons' reaction to Elwood Dowd's "friend"?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)