|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is it as Paige drifts through the business center of Boston?
2. What does Paige decide she needs to tell Nicholas before they can reconcile?
3. What does Paige draw all around Astrid in the portrait of her mother-in-law?
4. Where had Nicholas never sat before the day of Max's surgery?
5. What theme is Alistair Forgerty's office decorated with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Paige sees Max for the first time in three months?
2. Why is Nicholas so frustrated when the doorbell rings the night Paige returns from being gone for three months?
3. What is Nicholas' reaction when Paige shows up on his doorstep after being gone for months?
4. What does Nicholas think he sees during the surgery that Paige gets to observe?
5. What does May eventually tell Paige is the reason she left her years before?
6. What do Paige's drawings reveal when Astrid asks Paige to draw a self portrait?
7. What does Paige think about as she and Nicholas ride the elevator to go see Max in the hospital?
8. How does Nicholas become the acting chief of cardiac surgery?
9. What version of the Cinderella story does Astrid tell Max?
10. What happens when Paige tells Nicholas the truth about her past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Paige and Nicholas will remain married? Why or why not? Use evidence throughout the novel to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Does Paige need to find her mother in order to be a good mother? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does being forced to take care of Max slowly change Nicholas and his priorities?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)