|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Max's reaction when Paige shows up at the front door after being gone for months?
2. When Paige rushes downstairs on a hunch that something is wrong with Max, who is standing at the Prescott's door waiting for her?
3. What does Paige tell Nicholas about Max as she follows him during his rounds?
4. Where does Paige go to clear her mind and figure out what to do about Nicholas not wanting her back?
5. Where does Nicholas take Paige after they leave Mass General with Max recuperating from surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nicholas so frustrated when the doorbell rings the night Paige returns from being gone for three months?
2. How does Paige react when she sees Max in the recovery room after his surgery?
3. What ironic thing does Paige discover about the daycare Nicholas has had to provide for Max while she was away?
4. What does May eventually tell Paige is the reason she left her years before?
5. Describe how Nicholas seems very conflicted as he interacts with Paige after returning home with Max to find her still in front of his house?
6. Why does the communications director at the hospital want to meet with Paige?
7. How does Nicholas feel when he discovers Paige with Max at his parents' house?
8. When Nicholas discovers Max is ill, where does he take him?
9. Who talks Paige out of running away again and tells her she should stay and fight?
10. What do Paige's drawings reveal when Astrid asks Paige to draw a self portrait?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Paige's obvious need for help and reassurance is ignored by health professionals, including her husband.
Essay Topic 2
How does Paige's relationship with her mother come full circle during the summer she spends with May in North Carolina?
Essay Topic 3
How does being forced to take care of Max slowly change Nicholas and his priorities?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)