|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Nicholas that he shouldn't let the baby compromise his career?
2. Where does Nicholas plan to take Max the first morning he has to get back to work at the hospital after Paige leaves?
3. Where does Nicholas put Max while he fixes a bottle for him for the first time?
4. What does Nicholas argue with the nurses about after he and Paige arrive at the hospital in labor?
5. What does Paige forget to bring to her wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Nicholas brings Rachel to the diner while Paige is working?
2. How does Nicholas handle caring for Max while he works?
3. What happens at a dinner party that upsets Paige the week she discovers she is pregnant?
4. What happens the day Nicholas goes to his parents' house to tell them about Max?
5. Why does Paige decide to go to Chicago after she impulsively leaves Nicholas and Max?
6. When does Nicholas realize his chances of being chief of surgery are probably ruined?
7. What happens when Paige calls her father to tell him she is getting married?
8. Why does Paige make a list of all the things she can do well?
9. What does Paige remember about a childhood trip to the zoo with her mother?
10. How does Paige feel in the first few moments after giving birth to Max?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the meaning behind the title of the novel, Harvesting the Heart?
Essay Topic 2
How do Nicholas and Paige save each other in the end?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Paige's reaction to thinking Max is dead, is the culmination of everything Paige believes and everything that has happened to her since her childhood?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)