|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Paige's mother take her one day instead of church when she was a child?
2. What is Paige doing while she sits in the front yard watching the family she abandoned through the windows of her house?
3. Along with advice about solid foods, the women at the park give Nicholas the name of a good ____________.
4. Where did Patrick meet May?
5. May's show horse's bloodlines go back to what famous race horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the day Nicholas goes to his parents' house to tell them about Max?
2. Why does Paige decide to go to Chicago after she impulsively leaves Nicholas and Max?
3. What does Paige tell May about Nicholas when her mother asks her to describe him?
4. What happens during the first dinner party Paige hosts at their house for Nicholas' colleagues?
5. What does Paige remember about a childhood trip to the zoo with her mother?
6. What happens at the only Lamaze class Nicholas attends for Paige's entire pregnancy?
7. What causes Paige to think she and Nicholas might be meant for each other?
8. What does Nicholas remember about his work in an Indian reservation in Arizona?
9. Why did Paige's mother take her to visit cemeteries when Paige was a child?
10. How does Astrid react when Nicholas shows up on her doorstep one morning with Max?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of the parent/child relationship as it is shown through Paige and Nicholas' relationship with their parents.
Essay Topic 2
What is the meaning behind the title of the novel, Harvesting the Heart?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Paige's obvious need for help and reassurance is ignored by health professionals, including her husband.
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)