|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Paige's mother born?
2. What is the name of the horse Paige likes to ride at her mother's horse farm?
3. What is Astrid's reaction when Nicholas shows up at her door with Max?
4. What does Astrid send to Paige along with a puzzle stool for Max?
5. As Nicholas is falling in love with the young waitress, he thinks she is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Paige calls her father to tell him she is getting married?
2. What does Paige tell May about Nicholas when her mother asks her to describe him?
3. How does Paige feel in the first few moments after giving birth to Max?
4. What memory does Paige have about her mother in a recurring dream?
5. How does Nicholas handle his first attempts to care for Max on his own after Paige leaves?
6. What happens the day Nicholas goes to his parents' house to tell them about Max?
7. How does Paige get a job at the diner, Mercy?
8. What causes Paige to think she and Nicholas might be meant for each other?
9. When did Jake and Paige's relationship move from just being friends?
10. Why does Paige make a list of all the things she can do well?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Paige and Nicholas will remain married? Why or why not? Use evidence throughout the novel to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Does Paige need to find her mother in order to be a good mother? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe a portrait Paige might have drawn of herself. What would she be doing in the portrait? What secret would the the portrait reveal and how?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)