|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Paige keep in her closet for years when she was a child?
(a) A sweater that smelled like her mother.
(b) A picture of the three of them.
(c) A picture of her mother.
(d) A packed suitcase.
2. What does Astrid tell Nicholas after he treats her and Paige badly after finding Paige with Max in the nursery?
(a) She loves him.
(b) He is forbidden from entering her home.
(c) She is proud of him.
(d) She is ashamed of him.
3. What is the name of Nicholas' college roommate who is now a divorce attorney?
4. Who finishes Alistair Forgerty's bypass surgery?
(a) Dr. Saget.
5. What happens between Nicholas and Paige as she comes out of her shock?
(a) They start to fight.
(b) They make love.
(c) They rush to the hospital to see Max.
(d) They cry together over Max.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the summer, May's horse comes down with what?
2. When Paige goes to visit Max at the Prescott's, she is happy to see that he is _______________.
3. What does Paige find when she goes to check the horse at midnight since her mother has a broken ankle?
4. What position does Paige take at the hospital to be near Nicholas?
5. In Part 3, what does Nicholas tell Paige he will do if he sees her car at his house again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprising news does May have when Paige calls her mother to apologize for how she left?
2. Where does Paige go and what does she do after she sees Max with all the tubes still in him from surgery?
3. Who talks Paige out of running away again and tells her she should stay and fight?
4. What does Nicholas and Paige making love three time represent?
5. What happens when Paige sees Max for the first time in three months?
6. Describe how Nicholas seems very conflicted as he interacts with Paige after returning home with Max to find her still in front of his house?
7. How does Nicholas react to Paige's artwork at the hospital?
8. What does Nicholas do after finding Paige nearly unconscious on the sidewalk?
9. When Nicholas discovers Max is ill, where does he take him?
10. What is Paige thinking after she believes Max is dead?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)