|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Paige picture herself coloring with Max in the future?
(a) Her house.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The park.
(d) The hospital.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Paige uses to decorate the bathroom the morning after Max's surgery?
3. How does the house look when Paige secretly lets herself in after Nicholas goes to work?
(d) Completely changed.
4. What does Nicholas notice when he looks at Paige's portraits closely?
(a) Her work has improved over the years.
(b) A figure of Paige crying in each one.
(c) Baby Max in each one.
(d) A rose in the background.
5. During the summer, May's horse comes down with what?
(b) Broken ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas tell Paige that Max is allergic to?
2. What time of day is it as Paige drifts through the business center of Boston?
3. What is Nicholas referring to when he says the first time was for forgiving, the second for forgetting and the third for beginning again?
4. The day Paige returns home, Max has his first ______________.
5. As Paige draws furiously and pours her emotion into the portrait, what image begins to emerge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nicholas react to Paige's plea to stop the divorce and give her a second chance?
2. What does Nicholas do after finding Paige nearly unconscious on the sidewalk?
3. Why does the communications director at the hospital want to meet with Paige?
4. How does Nicholas become the acting chief of cardiac surgery?
5. Where is Paige when she decides she needs to tell Nicholas the truth about her past?
6. How does Paige react when she sees Max in the recovery room after his surgery?
7. What version of the Cinderella story does Astrid tell Max?
8. What surprising news does May have when Paige calls her mother to apologize for how she left?
9. What does Paige think about as she and Nicholas ride the elevator to go see Max in the hospital?
10. What ironic thing does Paige discover about the daycare Nicholas has had to provide for Max while she was away?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)