|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nicholas finally find Max after he finishes his surgery?
(b) Hospital cafeteria.
(c) His parents.
2. What does Nicholas argue with the nurses about after he and Paige arrive at the hospital in labor?
(a) The wheelchair.
(b) The food.
(c) The assigned doctor.
(d) The room.
3. What food at the fancy restaurant does Paige have a reaction to on her fourth date with Nicholas?
4. What kind of business does Paige assume her mother works at in North Carolina?
(a) Horse tack.
(b) Bridal boutique.
5. What does May allow a young Paige to do after Patrick forbids it?
(a) Wear makeup.
(b) Go to the movies.
(c) Play outside alone.
(d) Ride the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paige go before Jake picks her up to take her to the abortion clinic?
2. What does Paige forget to bring to her wedding?
3. What is the name of May's show horse?
4. Who tells Nicholas that he shouldn't let the baby compromise his career?
5. What does Paige wear to her wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paige tell May about Nicholas when her mother asks her to describe him?
2. Why does Paige make a list of all the things she can do well?
3. How does Astrid react when Nicholas shows up on her doorstep one morning with Max?
4. How does Nicholas handle caring for Max while he works?
5. How does Paige meet Jake, who eventually becomes her boyfriend in Chicago?
6. How does Nicholas handle his first attempts to care for Max on his own after Paige leaves?
7. What is May's reaction when Paige finds her at the horse stable?
8. When did Jake and Paige's relationship move from just being friends?
9. What happens during the first dinner party Paige hosts at their house for Nicholas' colleagues?
10. What memory does Paige have about her mother in a recurring dream?
This section contains 1,430 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)