|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Nicholas and Paige as she comes out of her shock?
(a) They make love.
(b) They cry together over Max.
(c) They start to fight.
(d) They rush to the hospital to see Max.
2. What does Paige find when she goes to check the horse at midnight since her mother has a broken ankle?
(a) Her mother is sleeping in Donegal's stall.
(b) Donegal is dead.
(c) The horses have escaped.
(d) All the horses are sleeping quietly in their stalls.
3. How does the house look when Paige secretly lets herself in after Nicholas goes to work?
(b) Completely changed.
4. Regarding Paige, Nicholas is sure his mother would never what?
(a) Let her into her house.
(b) Keep her from her child.
(d) Help him get her back.
5. Who finishes Alistair Forgerty's bypass surgery?
(c) Dr. Saget.
6. What is the name of the horse that tosses May off when she breaks her ankle?
7. Where does Paige picture herself coloring with Max in the future?
(a) The park.
(b) Her house.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The cemetery.
8. Who calls Paige while she is cleaning the house she once shared with Nicholas?
9. What is Max's reaction when Paige shows up at the front door after being gone for months?
(a) He smiles.
(b) He cries.
(c) He reaches for her.
(d) He spits up.
10. Who does Paige call from the Prescott Library in the middle of the night to apologize to?
11. Where did Nicholas go to college?
12. What theme is Alistair Forgerty's office decorated with?
(b) Old West.
13. What does May tell Paige was the reason she left her as a child?
(a) Paige's father beat her.
(b) She wanted to show horses.
(c) She didn't know who she was anymore.
(d) She was in love with someone else.
14. What does Paige decide she needs to tell Nicholas before they can reconcile?
(a) What motherhood means to her now.
(b) The truth about her past.
(c) How much she loves him.
(d) How much she loves Max.
15. Who is Paige's savior at the end of Chapter 42?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house does Paige follow Nicholas to when she thinks he is taking Max to daycare?
2. Where had Nicholas never sat before the day of Max's surgery?
3. What does Robert Prescott's study remind Paige of?
4. Where do the doctors discover a mass in Max that needs to be removed in emergency surgery?
5. In Part 3, what does Nicholas tell Paige he will do if he sees her car at his house again?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)