|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What couldn't Nicholas do when he saw Paige standing at the door after being gone for months?
(b) Touch her.
(c) Cry in front of her.
(d) Say her name.
2. Who does Paige draw when she is upset at Nicholas and worried about Max?
3. Where is Max's favorite place to play in his grandparents' house?
(a) Under the dining room table.
(b) Under the kitchen counter.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In the darkroom.
4. What does Robert tell Paige to do when she tells him she is giving up and leaving town?
(a) Give up.
(b) Fight for her family.
(c) Take Max and run.
(d) Lay low and give Nicholas time.
5. What does Astrid do when Paige announces she is moving back to her mother's?
(a) Buys her plane ticket.
(b) Hugs her.
(c) Yells at her.
(d) Helps her carry her bag out.
6. What does Nicholas think Paige looks like as he is making his rounds?
(a) A rose.
(b) An angel.
(c) A pest.
(d) A devil.
7. What time do Nicholas and Paige go to the hospital the morning after Max has emergency surgery?
(a) 6 AM.
(b) 5 AM.
(c) 10 AM.
(d) 8 AM.
8. What is the name of the patient whose portrait Paige draws before he dies on Nicholas' operating table?
(a) Mrs. McCracken.
(b) Mr. Olsen.
(c) Mr. McCluskey.
(d) Mrs. Oslo.
9. What is Max's reaction when Paige shows up at the front door after being gone for months?
(a) He smiles.
(b) He spits up.
(c) He reaches for her.
(d) He cries.
10. Where does Nicholas take Paige after they leave Mass General with Max recuperating from surgery?
(a) To his parents' house.
(b) To church.
(c) To their house.
(d) To the cemetery.
11. Where does Paige picture herself going to college someday?
(a) Simmons College.
(c) Welsley College.
12. As Paige draws furiously and pours her emotion into the portrait, what image begins to emerge?
13. Where does Paige picture herself coloring with Max in the future?
(a) The park.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) Her house.
14. Where does Paige go to lie down and sleep after leaving Mass General with Max recuperating from surgery?
(a) A grave.
(b) Her room at the Prescott house.
(c) A church pew.
(d) The hydrangea bushes.
15. Who does Paige call from the Prescott Library in the middle of the night to apologize to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What papers does Astrid see on Nicholas' desk when she brings a gift to his office?
2. What does Paige draw all around Astrid in the portrait of her mother-in-law?
3. What day is it when Max has his surgery?
4. When Paige rushes downstairs on a hunch that something is wrong with Max, who is standing at the Prescott's door waiting for her?
5. What does Nicholas tell Paige that Max is allergic to?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)