|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nicholas referring to when he says the first time was for forgiving, the second for forgetting and the third for beginning again?
(a) Making love.
(d) Saying their vows.
2. Who calls Paige while she is cleaning the house she once shared with Nicholas?
3. Where does Paige think she is when she leaves the hospital after Max's surgery?
(d) North Carolina.
4. When they discuss being artists, what does Astrid tell Paige about May that surprises Paige?
(a) She was a good mother.
(b) She should go to prison.
(c) She was a bad mother.
(d) She had no choice.
5. Who finishes Alistair Forgerty's bypass surgery?
(c) Dr. Saget.
6. What does Paige draw all around Astrid in the portrait of her mother-in-law?
7. What time do Nicholas and Paige go to the hospital the morning after Max has emergency surgery?
(a) 8 AM.
(b) 5 AM.
(c) 10 AM.
(d) 6 AM.
8. What is Nicholas' reaction when he sees Paige working at the hospital?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He has her fired.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He slaps her.
9. Who does Nicholas come fact-to-face with the parking lot Mass General?
(a) An angel.
10. Where do the doctors discover a mass in Max that needs to be removed in emergency surgery?
(a) Small intestines.
11. What does Nicholas think he sees in the observation gallery at the end of a surgery?
(a) A ghost.
(b) An image of Max crying.
(d) An angel.
12. What is the lie that Nicholas realizes every surgeon lives?
(a) Babies always survive surgery.
(b) Everything will be fine.
(c) There is a cure for everything.
(d) The surgeon is not God.
13. What does Astrid tell Nicholas after he treats her and Paige badly after finding Paige with Max in the nursery?
(a) He is forbidden from entering her home.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She is proud of him.
(d) She is ashamed of him.
14. Where does Paige go to lie down and sleep after leaving Mass General with Max recuperating from surgery?
(a) Her room at the Prescott house.
(b) A grave.
(c) The hydrangea bushes.
(d) A church pew.
15. What medium does Paige rarely use for her artwork?
(a) Oil paints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What music does Robert dance around to while holding Max?
2. What does Paige tell Nicholas about Max as she follows him during his rounds?
3. What place from her past does Paige visit while she tries to figure out what to do about Nicholas?
4. What does Nicholas tell Paige about Max the morning after the emergency surgery?
5. What does Robert Prescott's study remind Paige of?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)