|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abby learn has also committed suicide at Bayside?
2. What questions does Katzka ask Abby in Chapter 11?
3. With whom does Abby get into a confrontation over a patient's care in Chapter 11?
4. Who does Vivien tell Abby was killed by carbon monoxide in his house along with his wife and baby?
5. Why does Katzka refuse to allow Abby to follow him into Amity Medical Supplies in Chapter 20?
Essay Topic 1
Who is Bernard Kaftka? What tragedy took place in his past? How did Kaftka react to that tragedy? What does Kaftka do for a living? How does he meet Abby? How do Abby and Kaftka find themselves thrown together? How does Kaftka nearly die in Abby's company? How does Kaftka rescue Abby in the end? What are Kaftka's feelings for Abby? Why does Kaftka not believe Abby when she insists she was not driving drunk the night of her accident? Does Kaftka come to believe her later? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the team values of the transplant team at Bayside. What does the transplant team expect of their team members? What do they tell Abby about their expectations where she is concerned? Is there anything unusual about these expectations? How do these expectations become more sinister as the plot continues to develop? What do these expectations have to do with Aaron Levi's death? With the money his wife found in a secret bank account? With his wife's disappearance? With the deaths of two other doctors?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following in detail citing examples from the book where relevant:
1) Point of View
2) Writing Style
This section contains 1,718 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)