|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mark say he wants to buy a yacht in Chapter 16?
2. Who does Abby learn has also committed suicide at Bayside?
3. What does an article in the newspaper claims caused Abby to kill Mary Allen in Chapter 20?
4. Why are there people waiting for Abby outside Mr. Parr's office in Chapter 17?
5. How does Abby get into the Levi house in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yakov dislike Nadiya?
2. Why does Abby begin to think she is being followed by a van in Chapter 15? What does she do about it?
3. Why does Abby suspect that Mark is in on the sale of human organs? What danger does Vivien suggest this poses for Abby?
4. Where does Yakov see Nadiya take Aleksei in Chapter 19? Where does Yakov think Aleksei is going?
5. Who are the passengers in the aft cabin as discussed in Chapter 14?
6. How does Mark react when Abby asks him about the deaths of Kunstler and Hennessy? Why?
7. Of whom does Yakov dream in Chapter 14? What does she look like?
8. How does Mary Allen die? Who pronounces her death?
9. Why does Helen Lewis from NEOB call Abby? What does she tell Abby?
10. What does Mr. Parr do to Abby in Chapter 13 after searching her locker? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel in detail, including discussion about each of the following:
1) Bayside Hospital
2) Massachusetts General Hospital
4) The freight ship.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Yakov? What is his life like before he is bought by Nadiya and Gregor? Why is Yakov difficult to control? What does Yakov want out of life? Is it possible he will ever find it? What does Yakov dream of while on board the freighter? How does the engine room technician ruin this dream? What does Yakov think of Abby? Who does he think she is? Why does he fight to save her life? Does he succeed? Why does Yakov refuse to leave Abby's side? What does the reader think will be in the future for Yakov and Abby?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the team values of the transplant team at Bayside. What does the transplant team expect of their team members? What do they tell Abby about their expectations where she is concerned? Is there anything unusual about these expectations? How do these expectations become more sinister as the plot continues to develop? What do these expectations have to do with Aaron Levi's death? With the money his wife found in a secret bank account? With his wife's disappearance? With the deaths of two other doctors?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)