|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Abby follow the doctor she saw coming out of Amity Medical Supplies?
2. Why does Vivien suggest Abby move in with her in Chapter 17?
3. What does Mark accuse Abby of in Chapter 17?
4. What does Brenda Hainey hope to do for her aunt, Mary Allen?
5. Who is waiting for Abby outside Mr. Parr's office in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jeremiah Parr decide to do with the information given him by Abby in Chapter 12 regarding Nina Voss' heart transplant?
2. Why does Abby call Katzka to her house in Chapter 20? Who calls while he is there?
3. How does Abby react when Detective Bernard Katzka comes to speak to her about Mary Allen? Why?
4. Where does Abby go to find answers on Kunstler and Hennessy? Who sees her there and chases her down for a discussion?
5. Where does Yakov see Nadiya take Aleksei in Chapter 19? Where does Yakov think Aleksei is going?
6. What really happens behind the blue door in Chapter 19?
7. What happens to Yakov at the end of Chapter 19? What does this suggest about his chances of survival?
8. What complaints does Elaine's mother-in-law make about her method of grieving in Chapter 11?
9. Why does Helen Lewis from NEOB call Abby? What does she tell Abby?
10. Why does Abby begin to think she is being followed by a van in Chapter 15? What does she do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Yakov? What is his life like before he is bought by Nadiya and Gregor? Why is Yakov difficult to control? What does Yakov want out of life? Is it possible he will ever find it? What does Yakov dream of while on board the freighter? How does the engine room technician ruin this dream? What does Yakov think of Abby? Who does he think she is? Why does he fight to save her life? Does he succeed? Why does Yakov refuse to leave Abby's side? What does the reader think will be in the future for Yakov and Abby?
Essay Topic 2
Abby is accused of medical malpractice several times in this novel. What is malpractice? What is someone claiming Abby did wrong? Why does Mary Allen's niece not want her aunt to get morphine? What is Abby overheard saying about administering morphine to Mary Allen? Why does Abby become angry and abusive toward the niece when she objects to the administration of morphine? Did Abby want to kill Mary Allen? What benefit would Abby get from killing Mary Allen? Why is Abby accused of this murder? What evidence is there? What is the end result of this evidence?
Essay Topic 3
Abby is taken into Bayside after an accident and she becomes convinced that she could be murdered. Discus this. Who might murder Abby? For what reason? Who does Abby fear? For what reason? What lab tests tell the police that Abby was drunk at the time of the crash? Was she? How could this lab test be manipulated? In how much danger is a patient really in the hospital? Are all patients in danger in a hospital? Is it possible for a doctor to make a mistake that could wrongly injure a patient? What happens in these situations?
This section contains 1,286 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)