Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abby learn has also committed suicide at Bayside?
2. What questions does Katzka ask Abby in Chapter 11?
3. With whom does Abby get into a confrontation over a patient's care in Chapter 11?
4. Who does Vivien tell Abby was killed by carbon monoxide in his house along with his wife and baby?
5. Why does Katzka refuse to allow Abby to follow him into Amity Medical Supplies in Chapter 20?
Essay Topic 1
Why are children routinely taken off the freight ship? Where are they going? What does the helicopter come for? What is behind the locked blue door? Why does Yakov want to go behind the blue door? How come Yakov panics when it is his turn to go behind the blue door? What happens to Aleksei when he goes behind the blue door? Why do the other children think the boys are disappearing? Why does no one question the activities taking place on the freight ship?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the actions of Tarasoff in this novel. Why does Abby turn to Ivan Tarasoff when she escapes Bayside? What does Tarasoff tell Abby to make her feel safe in his care? What does Tarasoff do to Abby? How does Tarasoff explain his actions? What is Tarasoff's motivation? Why did the author hide Tarasoff's part in the organ selling business? What about Tarasoff should have tipped the reader off to his actions? Did it? What will happen to Tarasoff in the end?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail:
1) Abby and Mark
2) Abby and Kaftka
3) Abby and Yakov
4) Abby and Vivien.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)