|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Amity Medical Supply?
2. Why are there people waiting for Abby outside Mr. Parr's office in Chapter 17?
3. Why is Detective Lundquist interviewing Abby in the beginning of Chapter 18?
4. Who does Elaine think people blame for Aaron's death?
5. What important paperwork in regards to Nina Voss' transplant are missing in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Helen Lewis from NEOB call Abby? What does she tell Abby?
2. Why does Abby call Katzka to her house in Chapter 20? Who calls while he is there?
3. What complaints does Elaine's mother-in-law make about her method of grieving in Chapter 11?
4. What do Abby and Vivien ask Dr. Ivan Tarasoff to do in order to help with their investigation into Nina Voss' heart donor in Chapter 16?
5. Why does Abby begin to think she is being followed by a van in Chapter 15? What does she do about it?
6. What story does Abby tell Katzka and Lundquist in Chapter 18? Do they believe her?
7. What really happens behind the blue door in Chapter 19?
8. For what reason does Abby lose her job completely at the end of Chapter 17?
9. Why does Yakov dislike Nadiya?
10. Who are the passengers in the aft cabin as discussed in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the team values of the transplant team at Bayside. What does the transplant team expect of their team members? What do they tell Abby about their expectations where she is concerned? Is there anything unusual about these expectations? How do these expectations become more sinister as the plot continues to develop? What do these expectations have to do with Aaron Levi's death? With the money his wife found in a secret bank account? With his wife's disappearance? With the deaths of two other doctors?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of the novel in detail, including discussion about each of the following:
1) Bayside Hospital
2) Massachusetts General Hospital
4) The freight ship.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the actions of Tarasoff in this novel. Why does Abby turn to Ivan Tarasoff when she escapes Bayside? What does Tarasoff tell Abby to make her feel safe in his care? What does Tarasoff do to Abby? How does Tarasoff explain his actions? What is Tarasoff's motivation? Why did the author hide Tarasoff's part in the organ selling business? What about Tarasoff should have tipped the reader off to his actions? Did it? What will happen to Tarasoff in the end?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)