|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abby learn has also committed suicide at Bayside?
2. What questions does Katzka ask Abby in Chapter 11?
3. With whom does Abby get into a confrontation over a patient's care in Chapter 11?
4. Who does Vivien tell Abby was killed by carbon monoxide in his house along with his wife and baby?
5. Why does Katzka refuse to allow Abby to follow him into Amity Medical Supplies in Chapter 20?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following in detail citing examples from the book where relevant:
1) Point of View
2) Writing Style
Essay Topic 2
Who is Yakov? What is his life like before he is bought by Nadiya and Gregor? Why is Yakov difficult to control? What does Yakov want out of life? Is it possible he will ever find it? What does Yakov dream of while on board the freighter? How does the engine room technician ruin this dream? What does Yakov think of Abby? Who does he think she is? Why does he fight to save her life? Does he succeed? Why does Yakov refuse to leave Abby's side? What does the reader think will be in the future for Yakov and Abby?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the decision of Vivien and Abby to take the heart meant for Nina Voss to save Josh O'Day's life. What do they do? For what reason? Who performs the surgery? What might have happened if they had not gotten Josh a heart that day? What eventually happens to Josh? What happens to Nina Voss? Who should have gotten the heart? Who has the right to decide who gets an organ? What type of system is there that deals with this sort of decision making? Why did it not work in this case?
This section contains 1,718 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)