Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Karen decide not to pull over and sleep despite her exhaustion?
3. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
4. Who convinces Joe Terrio at the end of Chapter 5 that mistakes were done in his wife's care at Bayside?
5. What is the name of the sailboat Mark is racing in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Abby and Katzka hide for hours from the bad guys in Chapter 21? Why?
2. What does Mr. Parr do to Abby in Chapter 13 after searching her locker? Why?
3. Who are the passengers in the aft cabin as discussed in Chapter 14?
4. Who attempts to stop the delivery of Karen Terrio's heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 5?
5. What story does Abby tell Katzka and Lundquist in Chapter 18? Do they believe her?
6. What happens to Yakov at the end of Chapter 19? What does this suggest about his chances of survival?
7. What does Victor Voss do when he finds Abby in his wife's room in Chapter 9? What does Mark suggest Abby do about it?
8. Who does Abby call when she escapes the hospital again in Chapter 23?
9. What does Vivien do in response to Abby's question in Chapter 10 was it all worth it?
10. What does Katzka tell Abby in Chapter 23 caused her car accident?
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail:
1) Abby and Mark
2) Abby and Kaftka
3) Abby and Yakov
4) Abby and Vivien.
Discuss the decision of Vivien and Abby to take the heart meant for Nina Voss to save Josh O'Day's life. What do they do? For what reason? Who performs the surgery? What might have happened if they had not gotten Josh a heart that day? What eventually happens to Josh? What happens to Nina Voss? Who should have gotten the heart? Who has the right to decide who gets an organ? What type of system is there that deals with this sort of decision making? Why did it not work in this case?
Who is Vivien Chao? How does the author describe her? What do you think this description says about the character? How does this description influence the reader's reaction to this character? Is the description accurate? Why does Vivien want to get Josh O'Day a heart? What, in Vivien's opinion, is stopping Josh from getting his heart? Is this true? What does Vivien do to get Josh his heart? Has Vivien done anything wrong? Why is Vivien forced to resign over this? Is this fair?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)