|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the surgeon at Mass Gen who will perform Josh O'Day's transplant?
2. How many women, aside from Abby, are part of the medical staff attending a party at Dr. Archer's in Chapter 3?
3. What does Dr. Abby DiMatteo believes is causing Karen Terrio's unresponsiveness?
4. Who is Leonard Mapes?
5. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abby gain access to medical records of heart transplant patients in Chapter 17? For what reason?
2. What doctor becomes interested in Karen Terrio's organs? For what reason?
3. Why does Dr. Wettig order Abby injected with Haldol in Chapter 22?
4. What do Abby and Vivien ask Dr. Ivan Tarasoff to do in order to help with their investigation into Nina Voss' heart donor in Chapter 16?
5. Why is Mary Allen in the SICU? What is her prognosis?
6. In Chapter 21, what are Abby and Katzka doing when they are nearly run down by a van? Why?
7. What does Victor Voss do when he finds Abby in his wife's room in Chapter 9? What does Mark suggest Abby do about it?
8. How does Mary Allen die? Who pronounces her death?
9. Why did Dr. Wettig order a new blood alcohol test on Abby in Chapter 23? What do the results show in chapter 24?
10. What does Vivien do in response to Abby's question in Chapter 10 was it all worth it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail:
1) Abby and Mark
2) Abby and Kaftka
3) Abby and Yakov
4) Abby and Vivien.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Mark Hodell? How does Abby come to live with Mark? What is their relationship like? How does Abby feel about Mark in the beginning of the novel? How does their relationship change? For what reason? Why does Mark turn on Abby? What did Abby do to hurt Mark? Why is Mark working with the wrong people? What do they have on Mark that forces him to work with them? Is Mark happy with this criminal career? How does the reader know how Mark feels about his situation? What happens to Mark in the end? Is this something Mark deserved? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Yakov? What is his life like before he is bought by Nadiya and Gregor? Why is Yakov difficult to control? What does Yakov want out of life? Is it possible he will ever find it? What does Yakov dream of while on board the freighter? How does the engine room technician ruin this dream? What does Yakov think of Abby? Who does he think she is? Why does he fight to save her life? Does he succeed? Why does Yakov refuse to leave Abby's side? What does the reader think will be in the future for Yakov and Abby?
This section contains 2,362 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)