|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which doctor does Abby speak to over the phone regarding the patient with post-op fever in Chapter 8?
2. How does Vince Lawry cause the accident that injures Karen Terrio?
3. How many doctors are named in the lawsuit regarding the death of Karen Terrio as discussed in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Joe Terrio initially refuse to sign the forms to allow his wife's organs to be harvested?
5. Why does Mark's competition end the race early in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abby learn in Chapter 5 will be the consequences of what she and Vivien have done?
2. What does Vivien do in response to Abby's question in Chapter 10 was it all worth it?
3. Why does Helen Lewis from NEOB call Abby? What does she tell Abby?
4. Who attempts to stop the delivery of Karen Terrio's heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 5?
5. Who are the passengers in the aft cabin as discussed in Chapter 14?
6. What does Jeremiah Parr decide to do with the information given him by Abby in Chapter 12 regarding Nina Voss' heart transplant?
7. Why does Yakov dislike Nadiya?
8. Who is the woman praying at Mary Allen's bedside in Chapter 11? What does she want Abby to do for Mary Allen?
9. How does Abby react when Detective Bernard Katzka comes to speak to her about Mary Allen? Why?
10. What does Dr. Chao decide to do to make sure that Josh O'Day receives a heart?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the team values of the transplant team at Bayside. What does the transplant team expect of their team members? What do they tell Abby about their expectations where she is concerned? Is there anything unusual about these expectations? How do these expectations become more sinister as the plot continues to develop? What do these expectations have to do with Aaron Levi's death? With the money his wife found in a secret bank account? With his wife's disappearance? With the deaths of two other doctors?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the actions of Tarasoff in this novel. Why does Abby turn to Ivan Tarasoff when she escapes Bayside? What does Tarasoff tell Abby to make her feel safe in his care? What does Tarasoff do to Abby? How does Tarasoff explain his actions? What is Tarasoff's motivation? Why did the author hide Tarasoff's part in the organ selling business? What about Tarasoff should have tipped the reader off to his actions? Did it? What will happen to Tarasoff in the end?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail:
1) Abby and Mark
2) Abby and Kaftka
3) Abby and Yakov
4) Abby and Vivien.
This section contains 2,580 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)