|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one requirement is Abby told the transplant team is looking for in a new recruit?
2. Who arrives late at Dr. Archer's for the party in Chapter 3?
3. How much does Gregor offer to Uncle Misha in order to buy the boys from him?
4. What illness impacts the boys in Nadiya's charge as they travel to America in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Victor Voss go to Jeremiah Parr in Chapter 6 and insist that Abby be fired?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what inner sanctum does Dr. Bill Archer invite Abby? For what reason?
2. What doctor becomes interested in Karen Terrio's organs? For what reason?
3. Why does Abby try so hard to impress Dr. Wettig while presenting her patient?
4. Why does Abby call Wilcox Memorial Hospital in Vermont about Nina Voss' donor in Chapter 8?
5. Why is Mary Allen in the SICU? What is her prognosis?
6. What does Mark tell Abby about the harvest at Wilcox Memorial Hospital that causes her to feel assured that the harvest took place there despite her earlier phone call? Who did the harvest?
7. What goes wrong when Dr. Chao begins plans to transplant Karen Terrio's heart into Josh O'Day?
8. Who is chosen to take the heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 4?
9. Why does the transplant team invite Abby to join them on a heart transplant in chapter 6? What is the reason Abby might have refused?
10. What makes Yakov think the men on board his freighter ship are doing something illegal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss selling organs for money. Why would someone buy an organ? Is it morally right to pay for an organ? What happens to people who cannot pay for an organ? Where did the Russians get the organs they were selling? Is what they were doing right? What arguments can be made for the harvesting of organs from living donors? What argument can be made against the harvesting of organs from living donors? Which side does the author of this book come down on? What is your opinion?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the team values of the transplant team at Bayside. What does the transplant team expect of their team members? What do they tell Abby about their expectations where she is concerned? Is there anything unusual about these expectations? How do these expectations become more sinister as the plot continues to develop? What do these expectations have to do with Aaron Levi's death? With the money his wife found in a secret bank account? With his wife's disappearance? With the deaths of two other doctors?
Essay Topic 3
Abby is taken into Bayside after an accident and she becomes convinced that she could be murdered. Discus this. Who might murder Abby? For what reason? Who does Abby fear? For what reason? What lab tests tell the police that Abby was drunk at the time of the crash? Was she? How could this lab test be manipulated? In how much danger is a patient really in the hospital? Are all patients in danger in a hospital? Is it possible for a doctor to make a mistake that could wrongly injure a patient? What happens in these situations?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)