Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Karen decide not to pull over and sleep despite her exhaustion?
3. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
4. Who convinces Joe Terrio at the end of Chapter 5 that mistakes were done in his wife's care at Bayside?
5. What is the name of the sailboat Mark is racing in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Abby and Katzka hide for hours from the bad guys in Chapter 21? Why?
2. What does Mr. Parr do to Abby in Chapter 13 after searching her locker? Why?
3. Who are the passengers in the aft cabin as discussed in Chapter 14?
4. Who attempts to stop the delivery of Karen Terrio's heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 5?
5. What story does Abby tell Katzka and Lundquist in Chapter 18? Do they believe her?
6. What happens to Yakov at the end of Chapter 19? What does this suggest about his chances of survival?
7. What does Victor Voss do when he finds Abby in his wife's room in Chapter 9? What does Mark suggest Abby do about it?
8. Who does Abby call when she escapes the hospital again in Chapter 23?
9. What does Vivien do in response to Abby's question in Chapter 10 was it all worth it?
10. What does Katzka tell Abby in Chapter 23 caused her car accident?
Abby is accused of medical malpractice several times in this novel. What is malpractice? What is someone claiming Abby did wrong? Why does Mary Allen's niece not want her aunt to get morphine? What is Abby overheard saying about administering morphine to Mary Allen? Why does Abby become angry and abusive toward the niece when she objects to the administration of morphine? Did Abby want to kill Mary Allen? What benefit would Abby get from killing Mary Allen? Why is Abby accused of this murder? What evidence is there? What is the end result of this evidence?
Who is Yakov? What is his life like before he is bought by Nadiya and Gregor? Why is Yakov difficult to control? What does Yakov want out of life? Is it possible he will ever find it? What does Yakov dream of while on board the freighter? How does the engine room technician ruin this dream? What does Yakov think of Abby? Who does he think she is? Why does he fight to save her life? Does he succeed? Why does Yakov refuse to leave Abby's side? What does the reader think will be in the future for Yakov and Abby?
Discuss the team values of the transplant team at Bayside. What does the transplant team expect of their team members? What do they tell Abby about their expectations where she is concerned? Is there anything unusual about these expectations? How do these expectations become more sinister as the plot continues to develop? What do these expectations have to do with Aaron Levi's death? With the money his wife found in a secret bank account? With his wife's disappearance? With the deaths of two other doctors?
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)