|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abby learn V stands for in VMI?
2. In Chapter 7, from what port does the reader learn the freight ship is traveling?
3. What one requirement is Abby told the transplant team is looking for in a new recruit?
4. What does SICU stand for?
5. What emotional things does Yakov tell the captain of the ship he does not do in in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abby learn in Chapter 5 will be the consequences of what she and Vivien have done?
2. What does Vivien do in response to Abby's question in Chapter 10 was it all worth it?
3. What does Gregor do to Uncle Misha after the boys leave the apartment?
4. What does Dr. Chao decide to do to make sure that Josh O'Day receives a heart?
5. What makes Yakov think the men on board his freighter ship are doing something illegal?
6. What does Yakov do for a living before being taken to America by Nadiya and Gregor? For what reason?
7. Why does Abby visit Nina Voss in Chapter 8? How does Nina Voss react to this visit?
8. Why does Abby call Wilcox Memorial Hospital in Vermont about Nina Voss' donor in Chapter 8?
9. What does Victor Voss do when he finds Abby in his wife's room in Chapter 9? What does Mark suggest Abby do about it?
10. Who is chosen to take the heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the decision of Vivien and Abby to take the heart meant for Nina Voss to save Josh O'Day's life. What do they do? For what reason? Who performs the surgery? What might have happened if they had not gotten Josh a heart that day? What eventually happens to Josh? What happens to Nina Voss? Who should have gotten the heart? Who has the right to decide who gets an organ? What type of system is there that deals with this sort of decision making? Why did it not work in this case?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Victor Voss? Why does he attempt to buy a heart for his wife? How does his wife feel about this when she finds out? Why is Voss upset at Abby after a donor heart is given to Josh O'Day? What does Voss attempt to do to Abby in revenge? How does this impact her career? What does Abby learn about Voss that she wishes she could use against him? Why does she not use it against him? What ultimately happens to Voss' wife? For what reason?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following relationships in detail:
1) Abby and Mark
2) Abby and Kaftka
3) Abby and Yakov
4) Abby and Vivien.
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)