|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Yakov claim he was when he began smoking?
2. How many doctors are named in the lawsuit regarding the death of Karen Terrio as discussed in Chapter 6?
3. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
4. How old is Josh O'Day?
5. Who does Abby tell Vivien she believes is behind the law suits and the present left in her car?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what inner sanctum does Dr. Bill Archer invite Abby? For what reason?
2. What goes wrong when Dr. Chao begins plans to transplant Karen Terrio's heart into Josh O'Day?
3. Who is chosen to take the heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 4?
4. What does Vivien do in response to Abby's question in Chapter 10 was it all worth it?
5. What does Abby learn in Chapter 5 will be the consequences of what she and Vivien have done?
6. How does Nina Voss feel about her impending death? How does this compare to the feelings of her husband?
7. Why is there such an abrupt end to Mark and Abby's sailing trip in Chapter 10?
8. What is Yakov's biggest fear as he travels to America?
9. What makes Yakov think the men on board his freighter ship are doing something illegal?
10. Why does Abby call Wilcox Memorial Hospital in Vermont about Nina Voss' donor in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the team values of the transplant team at Bayside. What does the transplant team expect of their team members? What do they tell Abby about their expectations where she is concerned? Is there anything unusual about these expectations? How do these expectations become more sinister as the plot continues to develop? What do these expectations have to do with Aaron Levi's death? With the money his wife found in a secret bank account? With his wife's disappearance? With the deaths of two other doctors?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the decision of Vivien and Abby to take the heart meant for Nina Voss to save Josh O'Day's life. What do they do? For what reason? Who performs the surgery? What might have happened if they had not gotten Josh a heart that day? What eventually happens to Josh? What happens to Nina Voss? Who should have gotten the heart? Who has the right to decide who gets an organ? What type of system is there that deals with this sort of decision making? Why did it not work in this case?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss selling organs for money. Why would someone buy an organ? Is it morally right to pay for an organ? What happens to people who cannot pay for an organ? Where did the Russians get the organs they were selling? Is what they were doing right? What arguments can be made for the harvesting of organs from living donors? What argument can be made against the harvesting of organs from living donors? Which side does the author of this book come down on? What is your opinion?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)