|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company does Yakov learn owns the ship in which he is traveling?
2. Whose body do Mark and Abby learn was found in the end of Chapter 10?
3. Who is Mark Hodell?
4. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
5. What is Yakov's favorite place on ship as described in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gregor do to Uncle Misha after the boys leave the apartment?
2. What doctor becomes interested in Karen Terrio's organs? For what reason?
3. What goes wrong when Dr. Chao begins plans to transplant Karen Terrio's heart into Josh O'Day?
4. To what inner sanctum does Dr. Bill Archer invite Abby? For what reason?
5. Who is chosen to take the heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 4?
6. What does Dr. Chao decide to do to make sure that Josh O'Day receives a heart?
7. Why is Mary Allen in the SICU? What is her prognosis?
8. Why does Abby try so hard to impress Dr. Wettig while presenting her patient?
9. Why is Abby called to Jeremiah Parr's office in Chapter 6? What does this mean for Abby's career?
10. What does Abby learn in Chapter 5 will be the consequences of what she and Vivien have done?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss selling organs for money. Why would someone buy an organ? Is it morally right to pay for an organ? What happens to people who cannot pay for an organ? Where did the Russians get the organs they were selling? Is what they were doing right? What arguments can be made for the harvesting of organs from living donors? What argument can be made against the harvesting of organs from living donors? Which side does the author of this book come down on? What is your opinion?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the team values of the transplant team at Bayside. What does the transplant team expect of their team members? What do they tell Abby about their expectations where she is concerned? Is there anything unusual about these expectations? How do these expectations become more sinister as the plot continues to develop? What do these expectations have to do with Aaron Levi's death? With the money his wife found in a secret bank account? With his wife's disappearance? With the deaths of two other doctors?
Essay Topic 3
Abby is accused of medical malpractice several times in this novel. What is malpractice? What is someone claiming Abby did wrong? Why does Mary Allen's niece not want her aunt to get morphine? What is Abby overheard saying about administering morphine to Mary Allen? Why does Abby become angry and abusive toward the niece when she objects to the administration of morphine? Did Abby want to kill Mary Allen? What benefit would Abby get from killing Mary Allen? Why is Abby accused of this murder? What evidence is there? What is the end result of this evidence?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)