Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Karen decide not to pull over and sleep despite her exhaustion?
3. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
4. Who convinces Joe Terrio at the end of Chapter 5 that mistakes were done in his wife's care at Bayside?
5. What is the name of the sailboat Mark is racing in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Abby and Katzka hide for hours from the bad guys in Chapter 21? Why?
2. What does Mr. Parr do to Abby in Chapter 13 after searching her locker? Why?
3. Who are the passengers in the aft cabin as discussed in Chapter 14?
4. Who attempts to stop the delivery of Karen Terrio's heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 5?
5. What story does Abby tell Katzka and Lundquist in Chapter 18? Do they believe her?
6. What happens to Yakov at the end of Chapter 19? What does this suggest about his chances of survival?
7. What does Victor Voss do when he finds Abby in his wife's room in Chapter 9? What does Mark suggest Abby do about it?
8. Who does Abby call when she escapes the hospital again in Chapter 23?
9. What does Vivien do in response to Abby's question in Chapter 10 was it all worth it?
10. What does Katzka tell Abby in Chapter 23 caused her car accident?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss one of the following in detail citing examples from the book where relevant:
1) Point of View
2) Writing Style
Essay Topic 2
Who is Mark Hodell? How does Abby come to live with Mark? What is their relationship like? How does Abby feel about Mark in the beginning of the novel? How does their relationship change? For what reason? Why does Mark turn on Abby? What did Abby do to hurt Mark? Why is Mark working with the wrong people? What do they have on Mark that forces him to work with them? Is Mark happy with this criminal career? How does the reader know how Mark feels about his situation? What happens to Mark in the end? Is this something Mark deserved? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Abby DiMatteo? What is her job? At what point is she in her training? What does Abby's future look like as the novel begins? Why do things turn in a different direction? Why does Abby work with Vivien Chao to get a heart for Josh O'Day? Is what they have done wrong? What might someone else have done in the same situation? Who should have gotten the heart? Why does the pattern of harassment begin after this takes place? Who is doing it? For what reason?
This section contains 1,230 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)