|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who does Abby see in her dreams?
2. To whose room is Abby called in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 7, where does Yakov learn the ship is headed?
4. Where is Yakov from?
5. What does SICU stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abby visit Nina Voss in Chapter 8? How does Nina Voss react to this visit?
2. What does Gregor do to Uncle Misha after the boys leave the apartment?
3. What doctor becomes interested in Karen Terrio's organs? For what reason?
4. What is Yakov's biggest fear as he travels to America?
5. What does Abby learn in Chapter 5 will be the consequences of what she and Vivien have done?
6. Why is there such an abrupt end to Mark and Abby's sailing trip in Chapter 10?
7. What goes wrong when Dr. Chao begins plans to transplant Karen Terrio's heart into Josh O'Day?
8. To what inner sanctum does Dr. Bill Archer invite Abby? For what reason?
9. Why does Abby try so hard to impress Dr. Wettig while presenting her patient?
10. Why does Abby call Wilcox Memorial Hospital in Vermont about Nina Voss' donor in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the team values of the transplant team at Bayside. What does the transplant team expect of their team members? What do they tell Abby about their expectations where she is concerned? Is there anything unusual about these expectations? How do these expectations become more sinister as the plot continues to develop? What do these expectations have to do with Aaron Levi's death? With the money his wife found in a secret bank account? With his wife's disappearance? With the deaths of two other doctors?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Bernard Kaftka? What tragedy took place in his past? How did Kaftka react to that tragedy? What does Kaftka do for a living? How does he meet Abby? How do Abby and Kaftka find themselves thrown together? How does Kaftka nearly die in Abby's company? How does Kaftka rescue Abby in the end? What are Kaftka's feelings for Abby? Why does Kaftka not believe Abby when she insists she was not driving drunk the night of her accident? Does Kaftka come to believe her later? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the actions of Tarasoff in this novel. Why does Abby turn to Ivan Tarasoff when she escapes Bayside? What does Tarasoff tell Abby to make her feel safe in his care? What does Tarasoff do to Abby? How does Tarasoff explain his actions? What is Tarasoff's motivation? Why did the author hide Tarasoff's part in the organ selling business? What about Tarasoff should have tipped the reader off to his actions? Did it? What will happen to Tarasoff in the end?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)