|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Josh O'Day?
2. Whose body do Mark and Abby learn was found in the end of Chapter 10?
3. What is the name of Mark's sailboat?
4. Why does Mark's competition end the race early in Chapter 10?
5. With whom does Vivien Chao argue Josh O'Day's need for the heart intended for Nina Voss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abby visit Nina Voss in Chapter 8? How does Nina Voss react to this visit?
2. Who is chosen to take the heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 4?
3. What does Yakov do for a living before being taken to America by Nadiya and Gregor? For what reason?
4. What makes Yakov think the men on board his freighter ship are doing something illegal?
5. What causes the accident that leads to Karen Terrio's brain injury?
6. Why is Mary Allen in the SICU? What is her prognosis?
7. What does Gregor do to Uncle Misha after the boys leave the apartment?
8. To what inner sanctum does Dr. Bill Archer invite Abby? For what reason?
9. What does Vivien do in response to Abby's question in Chapter 10 was it all worth it?
10. Why is Abby called to Jeremiah Parr's office in Chapter 6? What does this mean for Abby's career?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Abby is accused of medical malpractice several times in this novel. What is malpractice? What is someone claiming Abby did wrong? Why does Mary Allen's niece not want her aunt to get morphine? What is Abby overheard saying about administering morphine to Mary Allen? Why does Abby become angry and abusive toward the niece when she objects to the administration of morphine? Did Abby want to kill Mary Allen? What benefit would Abby get from killing Mary Allen? Why is Abby accused of this murder? What evidence is there? What is the end result of this evidence?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Vivien Chao? How does the author describe her? What do you think this description says about the character? How does this description influence the reader's reaction to this character? Is the description accurate? Why does Vivien want to get Josh O'Day a heart? What, in Vivien's opinion, is stopping Josh from getting his heart? Is this true? What does Vivien do to get Josh his heart? Has Vivien done anything wrong? Why is Vivien forced to resign over this? Is this fair?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss selling organs for money. Why would someone buy an organ? Is it morally right to pay for an organ? What happens to people who cannot pay for an organ? Where did the Russians get the organs they were selling? Is what they were doing right? What arguments can be made for the harvesting of organs from living donors? What argument can be made against the harvesting of organs from living donors? Which side does the author of this book come down on? What is your opinion?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)