Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
2. Why does Karen decide not to pull over and sleep despite her exhaustion?
3. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
4. Who convinces Joe Terrio at the end of Chapter 5 that mistakes were done in his wife's care at Bayside?
5. What is the name of the sailboat Mark is racing in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Abby and Katzka hide for hours from the bad guys in Chapter 21? Why?
2. What does Mr. Parr do to Abby in Chapter 13 after searching her locker? Why?
3. Who are the passengers in the aft cabin as discussed in Chapter 14?
4. Who attempts to stop the delivery of Karen Terrio's heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 5?
5. What story does Abby tell Katzka and Lundquist in Chapter 18? Do they believe her?
6. What happens to Yakov at the end of Chapter 19? What does this suggest about his chances of survival?
7. What does Victor Voss do when he finds Abby in his wife's room in Chapter 9? What does Mark suggest Abby do about it?
8. Who does Abby call when she escapes the hospital again in Chapter 23?
9. What does Vivien do in response to Abby's question in Chapter 10 was it all worth it?
10. What does Katzka tell Abby in Chapter 23 caused her car accident?
Essay Topic 1
Nina Voss believes her husband loves her too much? What does that mean? Is it possible to love someone too much? How is Victor Voss making Nina unhappy as she heals from her first transplant surgery? How does Nina feel about this? How does Nina react when she learns her husband might have paid for her new heart? How does Nina feel about her marriage at the end of the novel? How does Nina feel about her impending death? What does this say about Nina's character? How does Nina's character and convictions compare to Victor's?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of the novel in detail, including discussion about each of the following:
1) Bayside Hospital
2) Massachusetts General Hospital
4) The freight ship.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following themes in detail:
3) Fatal Illnesses
4) Medical Malpractice.
This section contains 2,577 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)