|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the injection of succinylcholine say about Aaron Levi's death?
(a) He was drunk before his death.
(b) He was a drug addict.
(c) It was not suicide.
(d) He needed chemical help to get up the courage to kill himself.
2. To where does Abby follow the doctor she saw coming out of Amity Medical Supplies?
(a) A house outside Boston.
(b) The marina where Mark keeps his boat.
(c) The airport.
(d) A container yard in the industrial waterfront.
3. What does Brenda Hainey hope to do for her aunt, Mary Allen?
(a) Help her resist the evils of modern medicine.
(b) Help her face her death without medication.
(c) Help her cure her cancer with prayer.
(d) Help her accept God before she dies.
4. What procedure does Mary Allen question and nearly refuse to accept in Chapter 11?
(a) A chest tube.
(b) A lung removal.
(d) Pain therapy.
5. What does Abby mean in Chapter 18 when she suggests someone is generating organ donors?
(a) They are killing people for their organs.
(b) They are taking organs from volunteers.
(c) They are growing organs for sale.
(d) They are raiding mortuaries for organs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of the door that Yakov says is always locked in Chapter 14?
2. Who wakes Aleksei in the middle of the night in Chapter 19?
3. What is Abby doing to fill her time now that she is suspended from duties in the hospital?
4. Where is the first place Yakov takes a finally well Aleksei in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 16, what does Abby find among Mark's files in their home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Yakov see Nadiya take Aleksei in Chapter 19? Where does Yakov think Aleksei is going?
2. What does Mr. Parr do to Abby in Chapter 13 after searching her locker? Why?
3. How does Abby react when Detective Bernard Katzka comes to speak to her about Mary Allen? Why?
4. What complaints does Elaine's mother-in-law make about her method of grieving in Chapter 11?
5. What happens to Yakov at the end of Chapter 19? What does this suggest about his chances of survival?
6. Why does Abby suspect that Mark is in on the sale of human organs? What danger does Vivien suggest this poses for Abby?
7. Why does Abby call Katzka to her house in Chapter 20? Who calls while he is there?
8. What story does Abby tell Katzka and Lundquist in Chapter 18? Do they believe her?
9. Why does Helen Lewis from NEOB call Abby? What does she tell Abby?
10. Who is the woman praying at Mary Allen's bedside in Chapter 11? What does she want Abby to do for Mary Allen?
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)