|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Judith slash a sleeve of her blouse in Chapter 11?
(a) It is a symbol of the possibility of life renewed.
(b) It is a symbol of death.
(c) It is a symbol of a heart cut by grief.
(d) It is a symbol of the violence that has invaded her life.
2. How does Abby embarrass the security guards in Chapter 13?
(a) Undressing in front of them.
(b) Running from them.
(c) Showing them her tampons during a search of her locker.
(d) Cussing at them.
3. What does Katzka say when Abby asks if he thinks she is guilty?
4. What does Mary Allen's niece accuse Abby of when she arrives at the hospital after her aunt's death in Chapter 12?
(a) Refusing to allow visitors.
(b) Condemning her soul to Hell.
(c) Not attempting to save her life.
(d) Killing her.
5. Why is Detective Lundquist interviewing Abby in the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) She has confessed to Mary Allen's murder.
(b) She was arrested outside Parr's office.
(c) She has confessed to malpractice in Karen Terrio's case.
(d) She came to the police station to make a statement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are there people waiting for Abby outside Mr. Parr's office in Chapter 17?
2. How does Abby get into the Levi house in Chapter 16?
3. Why does Victor Voss remove the wildflowers Nina Voss has been admiring in her sick room in Chapter 18?
4. Who does Vivien tell Abby was killed by carbon monoxide in his house along with his wife and baby?
5. What does Nina Voss tell Abby is the secret to a successful marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abby ask Nina Voss to do in Chapter 18? Does she agree?
2. What complaints does Elaine's mother-in-law make about her method of grieving in Chapter 11?
3. Why does Abby begin to think she is being followed by a van in Chapter 15? What does she do about it?
4. Why does Abby suspect that Mark is in on the sale of human organs? What danger does Vivien suggest this poses for Abby?
5. Who is the woman praying at Mary Allen's bedside in Chapter 11? What does she want Abby to do for Mary Allen?
6. What story does Abby tell Katzka and Lundquist in Chapter 18? Do they believe her?
7. Of whom does Yakov dream in Chapter 14? What does she look like?
8. What does Jeremiah Parr decide to do with the information given him by Abby in Chapter 12 regarding Nina Voss' heart transplant?
9. What does Mr. Parr do to Abby in Chapter 13 after searching her locker? Why?
10. Why does Helen Lewis from NEOB call Abby? What does she tell Abby?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)