|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shu-Shu?
(a) Yakov's nickname.
(b) Aleksei's stuffed toy.
(c) Aleksei's nickname.
(d) Yakov's stuffed toy.
2. Where is Yakov at the end of Chapter 19 when he is caught by Gregor?
(a) On deck sleeping.
(b) On the bridge watching the helicopter.
(c) On the bridge sleeping.
(d) On deck watching the helicopter.
3. What does Katzka say when Abby asks if he thinks she is guilty?
4. What does Abby tell the reader in Chapter 12 some new doctors do when called to pronounce a death?
(a) Make a speech.
(b) Call for a priest.
(d) Attempt CPR.
5. Why is Detective Lundquist interviewing Abby in the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) She came to the police station to make a statement.
(b) She has confessed to Mary Allen's murder.
(c) She was arrested outside Parr's office.
(d) She has confessed to malpractice in Karen Terrio's case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What account did Elaine find after her husband had died?
2. What does Brenda Hainey hope to do for her aunt, Mary Allen?
3. What color is the van Abby continuously sees following her?
4. What does Abby say is the worst time of the day in Chapter 20?
5. What does Mary Allen's niece accuse Abby of when she arrives at the hospital after her aunt's death in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of whom does Yakov dream in Chapter 14? What does she look like?
2. What story does Abby tell Katzka and Lundquist in Chapter 18? Do they believe her?
3. How does Abby react when Detective Bernard Katzka comes to speak to her about Mary Allen? Why?
4. What does Abby ask Nina Voss to do in Chapter 18? Does she agree?
5. Why does Helen Lewis from NEOB call Abby? What does she tell Abby?
6. What happens to Yakov at the end of Chapter 19? What does this suggest about his chances of survival?
7. Why does Abby call Katzka to her house in Chapter 20? Who calls while he is there?
8. Where does Yakov see Nadiya take Aleksei in Chapter 19? Where does Yakov think Aleksei is going?
9. What complaints does Elaine's mother-in-law make about her method of grieving in Chapter 11?
10. How does Mark react when Abby asks him about the deaths of Kunstler and Hennessy? Why?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)