|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who proves that the lock on Abby's locker could have been opened by a saboteur in Chapter 13?
(a) Mark Hodell.
(b) Dr. Ivan Tarasoff.
(c) Dr. Colin Wettig.
2. What surprise about the malpractice lawsuits does Abby learn in Chapter 13?
(a) They have increased in plantiffs.
(b) They have been approved for litigation.
(c) They have been settled.
(d) They have been dropped.
3. What does Katzka say when Abby asks if he thinks she is guilty?
4. What is succinylcholine?
(a) An antibiotic.
(b) A pain reliever.
(c) A paralyzing drug.
(d) A hallucinogen.
5. What important question does Mark ask Abby in Chapter 12?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To have his baby.
(c) To go on a world cruise on his sailboat.
(d) To join the transplant team.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Allen's niece accuse Abby of when she arrives at the hospital after her aunt's death in Chapter 12?
2. Who does Katzka talk to about these accusations in Chapter 15?
3. Who does Elaine think people blame for Aaron's death?
4. How does Abby get into the Levi house in Chapter 16?
5. Who is first to come to Abby's defense after the search of her locker in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Abby react when Detective Bernard Katzka comes to speak to her about Mary Allen? Why?
2. What story does Abby tell Katzka and Lundquist in Chapter 18? Do they believe her?
3. What does Jeremiah Parr decide to do with the information given him by Abby in Chapter 12 regarding Nina Voss' heart transplant?
4. Who are the passengers in the aft cabin as discussed in Chapter 14?
5. Why does Abby suspect that Mark is in on the sale of human organs? What danger does Vivien suggest this poses for Abby?
6. Where does Abby go to find answers on Kunstler and Hennessy? Who sees her there and chases her down for a discussion?
7. Why does Abby call Katzka to her house in Chapter 20? Who calls while he is there?
8. Why does Yakov dislike Nadiya?
9. What happens to Yakov at the end of Chapter 19? What does this suggest about his chances of survival?
10. Where does Yakov see Nadiya take Aleksei in Chapter 19? Where does Yakov think Aleksei is going?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)