|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does an article in the newspaper claims caused Abby to kill Mary Allen in Chapter 20?
(b) Lack of sleep.
2. What is the color of the door that Yakov says is always locked in Chapter 14?
3. Where does Abby realize she has seen Bernard Katzka before?
(a) Aaron Levi's house.
(b) In college.
(c) Following her in a van.
(d) Aaron Levi's funeral.
4. What does Abby mean in Chapter 18 when she suggests someone is generating organ donors?
(a) They are growing organs for sale.
(b) They are taking organs from volunteers.
(c) They are raiding mortuaries for organs.
(d) They are killing people for their organs.
5. What is UNOS?
(a) United Notion for Organism Software.
(b) Uniform Network for Organ Sharing.
(c) United Network for Organ Sharing.
(d) United Nations of Organ Sharing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elaine think people blame for Aaron's death?
2. What does Mary Allen's niece find among her mail when she returns home after Mary Allen's death in Chapter 12?
3. What lands on the boat that fascinates Yakov and frightens Aleksei in Chapter 14?
4. What does Mark accuse Abby of in Chapter 17?
5. Why are there people waiting for Abby outside Mr. Parr's office in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of whom does Yakov dream in Chapter 14? What does she look like?
2. Where does Yakov see Nadiya take Aleksei in Chapter 19? Where does Yakov think Aleksei is going?
3. How does Abby react when Detective Bernard Katzka comes to speak to her about Mary Allen? Why?
4. For what reason does Abby lose her job completely at the end of Chapter 17?
5. What story does Abby tell Katzka and Lundquist in Chapter 18? Do they believe her?
6. Why does Yakov dislike Nadiya?
7. Where does Abby go to find answers on Kunstler and Hennessy? Who sees her there and chases her down for a discussion?
8. Why does Abby suspect that Mark is in on the sale of human organs? What danger does Vivien suggest this poses for Abby?
9. What does Abby ask Nina Voss to do in Chapter 18? Does she agree?
10. What do Abby and Vivien ask Dr. Ivan Tarasoff to do in order to help with their investigation into Nina Voss' heart donor in Chapter 16?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)