|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yakov tell Aleksei he no longer wants to be adopted by an American family in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to return to Uncle Misha.
(b) He believes his mother is looking for him.
(c) He does not think he will like living in America.
(d) He does not think he can learn English.
2. What does Elaine have too much of at her husband's wake?
3. What does an article in the newspaper claims caused Abby to kill Mary Allen in Chapter 20?
(d) Lack of sleep.
4. Who does Abby see talking in the garden outside Elaine's kitchen in Chapter 11?
(a) Archer, Wettig, and Hodell.
(b) Mohandas, Wettig, and Tarasoff.
(c) Zwick, Mohandas, and Tarasoff.
(d) Archer, Zwick, and Mohandas.
5. What is UNOS?
(a) Uniform Network for Organ Sharing.
(b) United Nations of Organ Sharing.
(c) United Notion for Organism Software.
(d) United Network for Organ Sharing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Wettig suggest Abby do before she seek employment elsewhere?
2. What color is the van Abby continuously sees following her?
3. In Chapter 16, what do Abby and Vivien tell Dr. Tarasoff they think the Bayside transplant team is doing?
4. What other organ(s) that could have been harvested from the donor does Dr. Wettig express concern about in Chapter 12?
5. What does Abby say is the worst time of the day in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abby suspect that Mark is in on the sale of human organs? What danger does Vivien suggest this poses for Abby?
2. What happens to Yakov at the end of Chapter 19? What does this suggest about his chances of survival?
3. Who is the woman praying at Mary Allen's bedside in Chapter 11? What does she want Abby to do for Mary Allen?
4. Why does Abby call Katzka to her house in Chapter 20? Who calls while he is there?
5. What really happens behind the blue door in Chapter 19?
6. Why does Yakov dislike Nadiya?
7. Why does Abby begin to think she is being followed by a van in Chapter 15? What does she do about it?
8. What complaints does Elaine's mother-in-law make about her method of grieving in Chapter 11?
9. What story does Abby tell Katzka and Lundquist in Chapter 18? Do they believe her?
10. For what reason does Abby lose her job completely at the end of Chapter 17?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)