|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What procedure does Mary Allen question and nearly refuse to accept in Chapter 11?
(a) Pain therapy.
(c) A chest tube.
(d) A lung removal.
2. What is the color of the door that Yakov says is always locked in Chapter 14?
3. To where does Abby follow the doctor she saw coming out of Amity Medical Supplies?
(a) A house outside Boston.
(b) The marina where Mark keeps his boat.
(c) The airport.
(d) A container yard in the industrial waterfront.
4. What does Katzka say when Abby asks if he thinks she is guilty?
5. Where does Zwick suggest Mark will want to get married in Chapter 13?
(a) The Bahamas.
(b) His boat.
(c) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Allen's niece find among her mail when she returns home after Mary Allen's death in Chapter 12?
2. Who does Abby learn has also committed suicide at Bayside?
3. What important paperwork in regards to Nina Voss' transplant are missing in Chapter 12?
4. What does Abby tell the reader in Chapter 12 some new doctors do when called to pronounce a death?
5. What is Amity Medical Supply?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary Allen die? Who pronounces her death?
2. For what reason does Abby lose her job completely at the end of Chapter 17?
3. What happens to Yakov at the end of Chapter 19? What does this suggest about his chances of survival?
4. What does Abby ask Nina Voss to do in Chapter 18? Does she agree?
5. Where does Abby go to find answers on Kunstler and Hennessy? Who sees her there and chases her down for a discussion?
6. What complaints does Elaine's mother-in-law make about her method of grieving in Chapter 11?
7. What does Jeremiah Parr decide to do with the information given him by Abby in Chapter 12 regarding Nina Voss' heart transplant?
8. What really happens behind the blue door in Chapter 19?
9. Why does Abby call Katzka to her house in Chapter 20? Who calls while he is there?
10. Why does Abby suspect that Mark is in on the sale of human organs? What danger does Vivien suggest this poses for Abby?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)