|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hennessy die as discussed in Chapters 15-16?
(b) Carbon monoxide from an old furnace.
(c) Carbon monoxide from a faulty oven.
(d) Car accident.
2. What habit does Elaine say Aaron got into in the final years of his life as a member of the transplant team at Bayside?
(b) Instant Messaging.
(c) Internet shopping.
(d) Video games.
3. What does Nina Voss find on the back of the card that came with her wildflowers in Chapter 18?
(a) A cryptic note from Dr. Archer.
(b) A note from her lover.
(c) A message from Vivien Chao.
(d) Abby's phone number.
4. What other organ(s) that could have been harvested from the donor does Dr. Wettig express concern about in Chapter 12?
(a) The lungs.
(b) The kidneys.
(c) The spleen.
(d) The liver.
5. Who is waiting for Abby outside Mr. Parr's office in Chapter 17?
(b) Dr. Wettig.
(c) Brenda Hainey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the injection of succinylcholine say about Aaron Levi's death?
2. What does Mary Allen's niece find among her mail when she returns home after Mary Allen's death in Chapter 12?
3. Where is Yakov when Aleksei is led behind the blue door in Chapter 19?
4. Who tells Katzka that Aaron Levi was injected with succinylcholine in Chapter 18?
5. What surprises Abby about what she finds in the Levi home in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Yakov see Nadiya take Aleksei in Chapter 19? Where does Yakov think Aleksei is going?
2. What does Jeremiah Parr decide to do with the information given him by Abby in Chapter 12 regarding Nina Voss' heart transplant?
3. Of whom does Yakov dream in Chapter 14? What does she look like?
4. For what reason does Abby lose her job completely at the end of Chapter 17?
5. What complaints does Elaine's mother-in-law make about her method of grieving in Chapter 11?
6. Why is Abby's locker searched in Chapter 13? What is found?
7. What happens to Yakov at the end of Chapter 19? What does this suggest about his chances of survival?
8. Why does Yakov dislike Nadiya?
9. How does Mary Allen die? Who pronounces her death?
10. How does Abby gain access to medical records of heart transplant patients in Chapter 17? For what reason?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)