|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Katzka admire Mark for in Chapter 18?
(a) His nice suit.
(b) His nice car.
(c) His love of Abby.
(d) His Italian shoes.
2. What does Elaine have too much of at her husband's wake?
3. What color is the van Abby continuously sees following her?
4. Why is Detective Lundquist interviewing Abby in the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) She has confessed to Mary Allen's murder.
(b) She came to the police station to make a statement.
(c) She has confessed to malpractice in Karen Terrio's case.
(d) She was arrested outside Parr's office.
5. How does Abby get into the Levi house in Chapter 16?
(a) The front door is open.
(b) Elaine lets her in.
(c) A broken window.
(d) Through an unlocked door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abby see coming out of Amity Medical Supplies in Chapter 20?
2. What does Vivien ask Abby to do in Chapter 16?
3. What does Nina Voss tell Abby is the secret to a successful marriage?
4. What surprise about the malpractice lawsuits does Abby learn in Chapter 13?
5. Why does Yakov tell Aleksei he no longer wants to be adopted by an American family in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Abby lose her job completely at the end of Chapter 17?
2. Who is the woman praying at Mary Allen's bedside in Chapter 11? What does she want Abby to do for Mary Allen?
3. Why does Abby suspect that Mark is in on the sale of human organs? What danger does Vivien suggest this poses for Abby?
4. Where does Yakov see Nadiya take Aleksei in Chapter 19? Where does Yakov think Aleksei is going?
5. Why does Abby call Katzka to her house in Chapter 20? Who calls while he is there?
6. How does Mark react when Abby asks him about the deaths of Kunstler and Hennessy? Why?
7. How does Abby react when Detective Bernard Katzka comes to speak to her about Mary Allen? Why?
8. What complaints does Elaine's mother-in-law make about her method of grieving in Chapter 11?
9. What really happens behind the blue door in Chapter 19?
10. How does Mary Allen die? Who pronounces her death?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)