|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nina Voss meet her husband Victor as discussed in Chapter 3?
2. What does Abby find on the x-ray of the post-op fever patient's chest in Chapter 8?
(b) An enlarged heart.
(c) Nodules in the lungs.
3. To whose room is Abby called in Chapter 8?
(a) Mary Allen.
(b) Brenda Hainey.
(c) Nina Voss.
(d) Mark Hodell.
4. Who does Mark suggest Vivien visit after her confrontation with Parr in Chapter 5?
(a) Nina Voss.
(b) Josh O'Day.
(c) Joe Terrio.
(d) Vivien Chao.
5. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The deck.
(b) The engine room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The navigator's quarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the nurses applaud Abby in Chapter 6?
2. What reason does Abby believe the hospital decided to give Karen Terrio's heart to Nina Voss over Josh O'Day?
3. What illness impacts the boys in Nadiya's charge as they travel to America in Chapter 7?
4. What deformity does Yakov reveal he has?
5. What what caused the death of the family member Abby sees in her dreams in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goes wrong when Dr. Chao begins plans to transplant Karen Terrio's heart into Josh O'Day?
2. What is Yakov's biggest fear as he travels to America?
3. What does Mark tell Abby about the harvest at Wilcox Memorial Hospital that causes her to feel assured that the harvest took place there despite her earlier phone call? Who did the harvest?
4. How does Nina Voss feel about her impending death? How does this compare to the feelings of her husband?
5. What does Abby say about the morphine she orders for Mary Allen in Chapter 6?
6. Why does Abby visit Nina Voss in Chapter 8? How does Nina Voss react to this visit?
7. What does Abby learn in Chapter 5 will be the consequences of what she and Vivien have done?
8. What does Dr. Chao decide to do to make sure that Josh O'Day receives a heart?
9. What does Gregor do to Uncle Misha after the boys leave the apartment?
10. What doctor becomes interested in Karen Terrio's organs? For what reason?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)