|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is MICU?
(a) Myopathic Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Master Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Modern Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Medical Intensive Care Unit.
2. What what caused the death of the family member Abby sees in her dreams in Chapter 8?
(a) Diabetes complications.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Hit by a car.
3. What does Abby learn V stands for in VMI?
4. In Chapter 7, how many times does the engineer tell Yakov he has been to America?
(a) Three times.
5. What deformity does Yakov reveal he has?
(a) A cataract.
(b) A missing foot.
(c) A club foot.
(d) A missing hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Josh O'Day?
2. What does Vivien tell Abby when she suggests she take some of the blame for the Josh O'Day drama?
3. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
4. How does Mark decide to treat the post-op fever in Chapter 9?
5. What is the name of the sailboat Mark is racing in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there such an abrupt end to Mark and Abby's sailing trip in Chapter 10?
2. What does Gregor do to Uncle Misha after the boys leave the apartment?
3. What does Abby learn in Chapter 5 will be the consequences of what she and Vivien have done?
4. What does Abby say about the morphine she orders for Mary Allen in Chapter 6?
5. Why does Abby call Wilcox Memorial Hospital in Vermont about Nina Voss' donor in Chapter 8?
6. What does Yakov do for a living before being taken to America by Nadiya and Gregor? For what reason?
7. What does Mark tell Abby about the harvest at Wilcox Memorial Hospital that causes her to feel assured that the harvest took place there despite her earlier phone call? Who did the harvest?
8. What doctor becomes interested in Karen Terrio's organs? For what reason?
9. Why does Abby try so hard to impress Dr. Wettig while presenting her patient?
10. Why does the transplant team invite Abby to join them on a heart transplant in chapter 6? What is the reason Abby might have refused?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)