|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The navigator's quarters.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The engine room.
(d) The deck.
2. Who is Mark Hodell?
(a) A surgeon at Bayside and Abby's boyfriend.
(b) An internist at Bayside and Abby's boyfriend.
(c) The president of Bayside and Abby's boyfriend.
(d) A surgeon at Mass Gen and Abby's boyfriend.
3. Where did Abby first meet Mr. Parr as discussed in Chapter 5?
(a) A welcoming picnic for new house staff.
(b) At a disposition for a law suit.
(c) A party in college.
(d) On a visit to her father's house.
4. What is the name of Mark's sailboat?
(a) Gimme Kindness.
(b) Gimme More.
(c) Gimme Help.
(d) Gimme Shelter.
5. In Chapter 7, how many times does the engineer tell Yakov he has been to America?
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Karen Terrio tell the reader she is driving in the middle of the night?
2. Where is Yakov from?
3. Where does Nina Voss say some people believe the soul is?
4. Where does Abby suggest the post-op fever is coming from in her patient in Chapter 9?
5. Whose body do Mark and Abby learn was found in the end of Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gregor do to Uncle Misha after the boys leave the apartment?
2. Why does Abby visit Nina Voss in Chapter 8? How does Nina Voss react to this visit?
3. To what inner sanctum does Dr. Bill Archer invite Abby? For what reason?
4. Why is Mary Allen in the SICU? What is her prognosis?
5. What does Vivien do in response to Abby's question in Chapter 10 was it all worth it?
6. How does Nina Voss feel about her impending death? How does this compare to the feelings of her husband?
7. What does Abby say about the morphine she orders for Mary Allen in Chapter 6?
8. Why is Abby called to Jeremiah Parr's office in Chapter 6? What does this mean for Abby's career?
9. Why does Abby call Wilcox Memorial Hospital in Vermont about Nina Voss' donor in Chapter 8?
10. Why does Abby try so hard to impress Dr. Wettig while presenting her patient?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)