|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
(a) Mark and Dr. Bill Archer.
(b) Dr. Aaron Levi and Victor Voss?
(c) Jeremiah Parr and Victor Voss.
(d) Dr. Bill Archer and Dr. Colin Wettig.
2. What does Mary Allen say to Abby when she visits her in the SICU in Chapter 6?
(a) That she does not want treatment.
(b) That she does not want morphine.
(c) That she would like to die.
(d) That she wants to go home.
3. Who is Leonard Mapes?
(a) The doctor performing Nina Voss' transplant.
(b) The doctor who delivers the donor heart for Nina Voss.
(c) The ambulance driver who delivered the heart for Josh O'Day.
(d) One of Abby's patients.
4. What occupation does Yakov wish he was allowed to participate in?
(a) Pick pocketing.
(c) Fast Food.
5. How does Vince Lawry cause the accident that injures Karen Terrio?
(a) He drives the wrong way on the highway.
(b) He cross lanes of traffic.
(c) He forces her into a ditch.
(d) He stalls out in front of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abby suggest the post-op fever is coming from in her patient in Chapter 9?
2. What does SICU stand for?
3. Why does Aleksei go back into Uncle Misha's flat after Nadiya leads the boys outside?
4. How much does Gregor offer to Uncle Misha in order to buy the boys from him?
5. Who is first to jump to Abby's defense in Chapter 5 after she takes Karen Terrio to Mass Gen for transplant into Josh O'Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mark tell Abby about the harvest at Wilcox Memorial Hospital that causes her to feel assured that the harvest took place there despite her earlier phone call? Who did the harvest?
2. Why is Mary Allen in the SICU? What is her prognosis?
3. What is Yakov's biggest fear as he travels to America?
4. What does Abby learn in Chapter 5 will be the consequences of what she and Vivien have done?
5. Why is Abby called to Jeremiah Parr's office in Chapter 6? What does this mean for Abby's career?
6. What makes Yakov think the men on board his freighter ship are doing something illegal?
7. Why does the transplant team invite Abby to join them on a heart transplant in chapter 6? What is the reason Abby might have refused?
8. What does Gregor do to Uncle Misha after the boys leave the apartment?
9. What goes wrong when Dr. Chao begins plans to transplant Karen Terrio's heart into Josh O'Day?
10. How does Nina Voss feel about her impending death? How does this compare to the feelings of her husband?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)