|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Abby suggest the post-op fever is coming from in her patient in Chapter 9?
(a) The donated heart.
(b) The surgical site.
(c) An impacted tooth.
(d) An infection.
2. How does Abby feel about riding on Mark's sailboat in Chapter 10?
(a) She loves it.
(b) She is seasick the whole time.
(c) She wants to sail to Europe on it.
(d) She wants to pilot it.
3. What mineral do the doctors inject into Karen Terrio's heart to stop it from beating in Chapter 4?
4. Why is Abby afraid to go to work in the opening pages of Chapter 6?
(a) She is afraid of facing Nina Voss.
(b) She is afraid one of her patients is dying.
(c) She is afraid she will be fired.
(d) She is afraid of facing Dr. Wettig.
5. What emotional things does Yakov tell the captain of the ship he does not do in in Chapter 7?
(a) Laugh or cry.
(b) Cry and grow angry.
(c) Laugh or brood.
(d) Laugh or grow angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NEOB?
2. Who does Mark suggest Vivien visit after her confrontation with Parr in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 7, where does Yakov learn the ship is headed?
4. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
5. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goes wrong when Dr. Chao begins plans to transplant Karen Terrio's heart into Josh O'Day?
2. Why does Abby try so hard to impress Dr. Wettig while presenting her patient?
3. What does Yakov do for a living before being taken to America by Nadiya and Gregor? For what reason?
4. Who attempts to stop the delivery of Karen Terrio's heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 5?
5. What doctor becomes interested in Karen Terrio's organs? For what reason?
6. What does Abby learn in Chapter 5 will be the consequences of what she and Vivien have done?
7. What does Dr. Chao decide to do to make sure that Josh O'Day receives a heart?
8. How does Nina Voss feel about her impending death? How does this compare to the feelings of her husband?
9. Why does the transplant team invite Abby to join them on a heart transplant in chapter 6? What is the reason Abby might have refused?
10. Why does Abby call Wilcox Memorial Hospital in Vermont about Nina Voss' donor in Chapter 8?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)