|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The deck.
(b) The engine room.
(c) The navigator's quarters.
(d) The kitchen.
2. What does SICU stand for?
(a) Special Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Spinal Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Second Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Surgical Intensive Care Unit.
3. How many doctors are named in the lawsuit regarding the death of Karen Terrio as discussed in Chapter 6?
4. What does Abby find on the x-ray of the post-op fever patient's chest in Chapter 8?
(a) Nodules in the lungs.
(d) An enlarged heart.
5. Who convinces Joe Terrio at the end of Chapter 5 that mistakes were done in his wife's care at Bayside?
(a) Josh O'Day's parents.
(b) Dr. Bill Archer.
(c) Victor Voss, Nina's husband.
(d) Stewart Sussman, a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mark Hodell?
2. What reason does Abby believe the hospital decided to give Karen Terrio's heart to Nina Voss over Josh O'Day?
3. In Chapter 7, from what port does the reader learn the freight ship is traveling?
4. How much does Gregor offer to Uncle Misha in order to buy the boys from him?
5. What does Abby learn V stands for in VMI?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goes wrong when Dr. Chao begins plans to transplant Karen Terrio's heart into Josh O'Day?
2. How does Nina Voss feel about her impending death? How does this compare to the feelings of her husband?
3. What does Mark tell Abby about the harvest at Wilcox Memorial Hospital that causes her to feel assured that the harvest took place there despite her earlier phone call? Who did the harvest?
4. What does Vivien do in response to Abby's question in Chapter 10 was it all worth it?
5. Who is chosen to take the heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 4?
6. What does Yakov do for a living before being taken to America by Nadiya and Gregor? For what reason?
7. Why is there such an abrupt end to Mark and Abby's sailing trip in Chapter 10?
8. What does Gregor do to Uncle Misha after the boys leave the apartment?
9. Why does the transplant team invite Abby to join them on a heart transplant in chapter 6? What is the reason Abby might have refused?
10. Why does Abby try so hard to impress Dr. Wettig while presenting her patient?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)