|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Abby first meet Mr. Parr as discussed in Chapter 5?
(a) A party in college.
(b) A welcoming picnic for new house staff.
(c) On a visit to her father's house.
(d) At a disposition for a law suit.
2. What is the main topic of conversation between the men at Dr. Archer's party in Chapter 3?
(d) Money and investments.
3. What does Nina Voss overhear her husband saying to the doctors in Chapter 3?
(a) She is costing him too much money with her illness.
(b) She needs a new heart at any cost.
(c) She needs to die faster.
(d) She is too young to die.
4. What does Mary Allen say to Abby when she visits her in the SICU in Chapter 6?
(a) That she does not want morphine.
(b) That she does not want treatment.
(c) That she wants to go home.
(d) That she would like to die.
5. What oil painting in Dr. Archer's inner sanctum does Abby find herself studying in Chapter 3?
(a) Painting of Dr. Salk.
(b) da Vinci's Vitruvian Man.
(c) Battle between Death and Physician.
(d) da Vinci's Last Supper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mineral do the doctors inject into Karen Terrio's heart to stop it from beating in Chapter 4?
2. What does Abby notice in Chapter 6 about the heart being donated to Nina Voss?
3. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
4. How does Vince Lawry cause the accident that injures Karen Terrio?
5. Who is Mark racing on his sailboat in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What doctor becomes interested in Karen Terrio's organs? For what reason?
2. What does Victor Voss do when he finds Abby in his wife's room in Chapter 9? What does Mark suggest Abby do about it?
3. Why is Mary Allen in the SICU? What is her prognosis?
4. What does Mark tell Abby about the harvest at Wilcox Memorial Hospital that causes her to feel assured that the harvest took place there despite her earlier phone call? Who did the harvest?
5. To what inner sanctum does Dr. Bill Archer invite Abby? For what reason?
6. Why does Abby visit Nina Voss in Chapter 8? How does Nina Voss react to this visit?
7. What does Abby say about the morphine she orders for Mary Allen in Chapter 6?
8. What does Vivien do in response to Abby's question in Chapter 10 was it all worth it?
9. What makes Yakov think the men on board his freighter ship are doing something illegal?
10. What is Yakov's biggest fear as he travels to America?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)