|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is MICU?
(a) Master Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Modern Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Medical Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Myopathic Intensive Care Unit.
2. What is the name of the sailboat Mark is racing in Chapter 10?
(a) Red Eye.
(b) Red Moon.
(c) Red Blood.
(d) Red Current.
3. What mineral do the doctors inject into Karen Terrio's heart to stop it from beating in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 7, where does Yakov learn the ship is headed?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
5. Why does Joe Terrio initially refuse to sign the forms to allow his wife's organs to be harvested?
(a) He wants a second opinion.
(b) He wants her to die naturally.
(c) He believes she will recover.
(d) He does not want her organs donated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abby find on the x-ray of the post-op fever patient's chest in Chapter 8?
2. What illness impacts the boys in Nadiya's charge as they travel to America in Chapter 7?
3. What does Abby notice in Chapter 6 about the heart being donated to Nina Voss?
4. How many women, aside from Abby, are part of the medical staff attending a party at Dr. Archer's in Chapter 3?
5. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mary Allen in the SICU? What is her prognosis?
2. What does Abby learn in Chapter 5 will be the consequences of what she and Vivien have done?
3. How does Nina Voss feel about her impending death? How does this compare to the feelings of her husband?
4. What complaints does Elaine's mother-in-law make about her method of grieving in Chapter 11?
5. What happens to Vivien Chao when she flies into Logan Airport?
6. What is Yakov's biggest fear as he travels to America?
7. What story does Abby tell Katzka and Lundquist in Chapter 18? Do they believe her?
8. Who is chosen to take the heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 4?
9. How does Mark react when Abby asks him about the deaths of Kunstler and Hennessy? Why?
10. Why is there such an abrupt end to Mark and Abby's sailing trip in Chapter 10?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)