|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nina Voss overhear her husband saying to the doctors in Chapter 3?
(a) She needs a new heart at any cost.
(b) She needs to die faster.
(c) She is too young to die.
(d) She is costing him too much money with her illness.
2. Who are Nadiya and Gregor?
(a) Friends of Uncle Misha.
(b) Yakov's aunt and uncle.
(c) The parents who have come to adopt Yakov and his three siblings.
(d) Strangers who have come to take the boys and get them adopted in America.
3. What does Abby learn V stands for in VMI?
4. What is Yakov's favorite place on ship as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The bridge.
(b) The engine room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The deck.
5. How old is Josh O'Day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What company does Yakov learn owns the ship in which he is traveling?
2. What does Mary Allen say to Abby when she visits her in the SICU in Chapter 6?
3. What does Abby notice in Chapter 6 about the heart being donated to Nina Voss?
4. What mineral do the doctors inject into Karen Terrio's heart to stop it from beating in Chapter 4?
5. Which doctor does Abby speak to over the phone regarding the patient with post-op fever in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there such an abrupt end to Mark and Abby's sailing trip in Chapter 10?
2. What doctor becomes interested in Karen Terrio's organs? For what reason?
3. What does Abby say about the morphine she orders for Mary Allen in Chapter 6?
4. Why does the transplant team invite Abby to join them on a heart transplant in chapter 6? What is the reason Abby might have refused?
5. Why does Abby call Wilcox Memorial Hospital in Vermont about Nina Voss' donor in Chapter 8?
6. How does Nina Voss feel about her impending death? How does this compare to the feelings of her husband?
7. To what inner sanctum does Dr. Bill Archer invite Abby? For what reason?
8. What does Victor Voss do when he finds Abby in his wife's room in Chapter 9? What does Mark suggest Abby do about it?
9. What causes the accident that leads to Karen Terrio's brain injury?
10. Why does Abby visit Nina Voss in Chapter 8? How does Nina Voss react to this visit?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)