|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Abby DiMatteo believes is causing Karen Terrio's unresponsiveness?
(a) A midbrain hemorrhage.
(b) A broken skull.
(c) Brain contusion.
(d) Brain swelling.
2. In Chapter 7, how many times does the engineer tell Yakov he has been to America?
(c) Three times.
3. What is a direct donation?
(a) When a patient decides who should get his stuff if he dies.
(b) A patient's family chooses who should get their loved one's organs.
(c) When a doctor chooses who should get a patient's organs.
(d) When you take an item to be donated directly to the donation site.
4. What is MICU?
(a) Master Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Medical Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Modern Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Myopathic Intensive Care Unit.
5. Why do the nurses applaud Abby in Chapter 6?
(a) They are reacting to a joke.
(b) They like that she stood up to Parr.
(c) They like that she got a heart for Josh O'Day.
(d) They like her singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, who does Abby see in her dreams?
2. What does Abby notice in Chapter 6 about the heart being donated to Nina Voss?
3. Where did Nina Voss meet her husband Victor as discussed in Chapter 3?
4. What does Mary Allen say to Abby when she visits her in the SICU in Chapter 6?
5. With whom does Vivien Chao argue Josh O'Day's need for the heart intended for Nina Voss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abby try so hard to impress Dr. Wettig while presenting her patient?
2. Why is there such an abrupt end to Mark and Abby's sailing trip in Chapter 10?
3. What does Abby learn in Chapter 5 will be the consequences of what she and Vivien have done?
4. What does Victor Voss do when he finds Abby in his wife's room in Chapter 9? What does Mark suggest Abby do about it?
5. What doctor becomes interested in Karen Terrio's organs? For what reason?
6. Why is Mary Allen in the SICU? What is her prognosis?
7. To what inner sanctum does Dr. Bill Archer invite Abby? For what reason?
8. What does Gregor do to Uncle Misha after the boys leave the apartment?
9. What is Yakov's biggest fear as he travels to America?
10. What causes the accident that leads to Karen Terrio's brain injury?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)