|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Karen Terrio tell the reader she is driving in the middle of the night?
(a) Returning from a two week vacation.
(b) Going home from work.
(c) Going home from a business trip.
(d) Returning home from her Aunt Dorothy's funeral.
2. What company does Yakov learn owns the ship in which he is traveling?
(a) Alexsei Incorporated.
(b) Sigayev Company.
(c) Allied Medical.
(d) Atlantis Insurance Company.
3. Who does Abby tell Vivien she believes is behind the law suits and the present left in her car?
(a) Jeremiah Parr.
(b) Mark Hodell.
(c) Vincent Voss.
(d) Bill Archer.
4. In Chapter 7, from what port does the reader learn the freight ship is traveling?
5. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
(a) President of Bayside Hospital.
(b) Abby's uncle.
(c) A patient at Bayside.
(d) A malpractice lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is MICU?
2. To whose room is Abby called in Chapter 8?
3. Who is Mark Hodell?
4. What what caused the death of the family member Abby sees in her dreams in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Victor give Nina as a reason for the bad dreams she is having?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Yakov think the men on board his freighter ship are doing something illegal?
2. What does Dr. Chao decide to do to make sure that Josh O'Day receives a heart?
3. Why is there such an abrupt end to Mark and Abby's sailing trip in Chapter 10?
4. To what inner sanctum does Dr. Bill Archer invite Abby? For what reason?
5. What does Mark tell Abby about the harvest at Wilcox Memorial Hospital that causes her to feel assured that the harvest took place there despite her earlier phone call? Who did the harvest?
6. Why is Abby called to Jeremiah Parr's office in Chapter 6? What does this mean for Abby's career?
7. What causes the accident that leads to Karen Terrio's brain injury?
8. Why does Abby try so hard to impress Dr. Wettig while presenting her patient?
9. Why is Mary Allen in the SICU? What is her prognosis?
10. Who attempts to stop the delivery of Karen Terrio's heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 5?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)