|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Nadiya and Gregor?
(a) Friends of Uncle Misha.
(b) The parents who have come to adopt Yakov and his three siblings.
(c) Strangers who have come to take the boys and get them adopted in America.
(d) Yakov's aunt and uncle.
2. What topic does Abby suggest all doctors are afraid to discuss, as stated in Chapter 4?
3. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
(a) President of Bayside Hospital.
(b) Abby's uncle.
(c) A patient at Bayside.
(d) A malpractice lawyer.
4. What does Vivien tell Abby when she suggests she take some of the blame for the Josh O'Day drama?
(a) Vivien tells her she ought to take some blame.
(b) Vivien insists someone has to stand up for the Josh O'Days at Bayside.
(c) Vivien tells her to forget about it all and just focus on the future.
(d) Vivien tells her no one should take blame.
5. What is the name of the sailboat Mark is racing in Chapter 10?
(a) Red Current.
(b) Red Eye.
(c) Red Moon.
(d) Red Blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What what caused the death of the family member Abby sees in her dreams in Chapter 8?
2. What is Yakov's favorite place on ship as described in Chapter 7?
3. Why do the nurses applaud Abby in Chapter 6?
4. What one requirement is Abby told the transplant team is looking for in a new recruit?
5. With whom does Vivien Chao argue Josh O'Day's need for the heart intended for Nina Voss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mary Allen in the SICU? What is her prognosis?
2. Where is Mark's car found in Chapter 23? What conclusion do the police come to regarding the abandoned car?
3. Why does Abby begin to think she is being followed by a van in Chapter 15? What does she do about it?
4. What do Abby and Vivien ask Dr. Ivan Tarasoff to do in order to help with their investigation into Nina Voss' heart donor in Chapter 16?
5. How does Abby gain access to medical records of heart transplant patients in Chapter 17? For what reason?
6. Why is there such an abrupt end to Mark and Abby's sailing trip in Chapter 10?
7. Why does Abby call Katzka to her house in Chapter 20? Who calls while he is there?
8. How does Mark react when Abby asks him about the deaths of Kunstler and Hennessy? Why?
9. What happens to Yakov at the end of Chapter 19? What does this suggest about his chances of survival?
10. Why is Abby's locker searched in Chapter 13? What is found?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)