|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abby learn V stands for in VMI?
2. What does Mary Allen say to Abby when she visits her in the SICU in Chapter 6?
(a) That she would like to die.
(b) That she wants to go home.
(c) That she does not want treatment.
(d) That she does not want morphine.
3. Who is first to jump to Abby's defense in Chapter 5 after she takes Karen Terrio to Mass Gen for transplant into Josh O'Day?
(a) Vivien Chao.
(b) Bill Archer.
(c) Colin Wettig.
(d) Mark Hodell.
4. Why is Abby afraid to go to work in the opening pages of Chapter 6?
(a) She is afraid one of her patients is dying.
(b) She is afraid she will be fired.
(c) She is afraid of facing Nina Voss.
(d) She is afraid of facing Dr. Wettig.
5. What is a direct donation?
(a) A patient's family chooses who should get their loved one's organs.
(b) When a doctor chooses who should get a patient's organs.
(c) When you take an item to be donated directly to the donation site.
(d) When a patient decides who should get his stuff if he dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Victor give Nina as a reason for the bad dreams she is having?
2. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
3. Why does Aleksei go back into Uncle Misha's flat after Nadiya leads the boys outside?
4. Who is Mark racing on his sailboat in Chapter 10?
5. How does Abby feel about riding on Mark's sailboat in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abby call Wilcox Memorial Hospital in Vermont about Nina Voss' donor in Chapter 8?
2. Why does Abby try so hard to impress Dr. Wettig while presenting her patient?
3. Who attempts to stop the delivery of Karen Terrio's heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 5?
4. How does Nina Voss feel about her impending death? How does this compare to the feelings of her husband?
5. What goes wrong when Dr. Chao begins plans to transplant Karen Terrio's heart into Josh O'Day?
6. What does Gregor do to Uncle Misha after the boys leave the apartment?
7. What causes the accident that leads to Karen Terrio's brain injury?
8. Why is there such an abrupt end to Mark and Abby's sailing trip in Chapter 10?
9. What does Abby say about the morphine she orders for Mary Allen in Chapter 6?
10. What makes Yakov think the men on board his freighter ship are doing something illegal?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)