|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vince Lawry cause the accident that injures Karen Terrio?
(a) He forces her into a ditch.
(b) He stalls out in front of her.
(c) He drives the wrong way on the highway.
(d) He cross lanes of traffic.
2. What one requirement is Abby told the transplant team is looking for in a new recruit?
(a) Good surgical skills.
(d) Loyalty to the patient.
3. Where does Abby suggest the post-op fever is coming from in her patient in Chapter 9?
(a) An impacted tooth.
(b) An infection.
(c) The surgical site.
(d) The donated heart.
4. What is a direct donation?
(a) When you take an item to be donated directly to the donation site.
(b) When a patient decides who should get his stuff if he dies.
(c) When a doctor chooses who should get a patient's organs.
(d) A patient's family chooses who should get their loved one's organs.
5. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
(a) Mark and Dr. Bill Archer.
(b) Dr. Bill Archer and Dr. Colin Wettig.
(c) Jeremiah Parr and Victor Voss.
(d) Dr. Aaron Levi and Victor Voss?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Abby first meet Mr. Parr as discussed in Chapter 5?
2. What does Abby find on the x-ray of the post-op fever patient's chest in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Victor give Nina as a reason for the bad dreams she is having?
4. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
5. Who is Mark racing on his sailboat in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gregor do to Uncle Misha after the boys leave the apartment?
2. What does Victor Voss do when he finds Abby in his wife's room in Chapter 9? What does Mark suggest Abby do about it?
3. What goes wrong when Dr. Chao begins plans to transplant Karen Terrio's heart into Josh O'Day?
4. What doctor becomes interested in Karen Terrio's organs? For what reason?
5. How does Nina Voss feel about her impending death? How does this compare to the feelings of her husband?
6. Why is Mary Allen in the SICU? What is her prognosis?
7. What does Yakov do for a living before being taken to America by Nadiya and Gregor? For what reason?
8. What is Yakov's biggest fear as he travels to America?
9. What does Abby say about the morphine she orders for Mary Allen in Chapter 6?
10. What does Mark tell Abby about the harvest at Wilcox Memorial Hospital that causes her to feel assured that the harvest took place there despite her earlier phone call? Who did the harvest?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)