|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Karen Terrio tell the reader she is driving in the middle of the night?
(a) Returning from a two week vacation.
(b) Going home from a business trip.
(c) Going home from work.
(d) Returning home from her Aunt Dorothy's funeral.
2. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
(a) Jeremiah Parr and Victor Voss.
(b) Mark and Dr. Bill Archer.
(c) Dr. Aaron Levi and Victor Voss?
(d) Dr. Bill Archer and Dr. Colin Wettig.
3. What one requirement is Abby told the transplant team is looking for in a new recruit?
(a) Good surgical skills.
(b) Loyalty to the patient.
4. Who arrives late at Dr. Archer's for the party in Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Aaron Levi and his wife, Elaine.
(b) Dr. Colin Wettig.
(c) Dr. Mark Hodell.
(d) Dr. Raj Mohandas and his wife, Alain.
5. In Chapter 7, from what port does the reader learn the freight ship is traveling?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abby tell Vivien she believes is behind the law suits and the present left in her car?
2. In Chapter 7, where does Yakov learn the ship is headed?
3. What does Nina Voss overhear her husband saying to the doctors in Chapter 3?
4. What does Mary Allen say to Abby when she visits her in the SICU in Chapter 6?
5. What does Abby notice in Chapter 6 about the heart being donated to Nina Voss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abby try so hard to impress Dr. Wettig while presenting her patient?
2. Why does Abby visit Nina Voss in Chapter 8? How does Nina Voss react to this visit?
3. To what inner sanctum does Dr. Bill Archer invite Abby? For what reason?
4. What goes wrong when Dr. Chao begins plans to transplant Karen Terrio's heart into Josh O'Day?
5. Why is Abby called to Jeremiah Parr's office in Chapter 6? What does this mean for Abby's career?
6. What does Abby learn in Chapter 5 will be the consequences of what she and Vivien have done?
7. What does Mark tell Abby about the harvest at Wilcox Memorial Hospital that causes her to feel assured that the harvest took place there despite her earlier phone call? Who did the harvest?
8. What does Yakov do for a living before being taken to America by Nadiya and Gregor? For what reason?
9. Why is Mary Allen in the SICU? What is her prognosis?
10. What causes the accident that leads to Karen Terrio's brain injury?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)