|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sailboat Mark is racing in Chapter 10?
(a) Red Moon.
(b) Red Blood.
(c) Red Eye.
(d) Red Current.
2. What deformity does Yakov reveal he has?
(a) A club foot.
(b) A cataract.
(c) A missing foot.
(d) A missing hand.
3. Where does Nina Voss say some people believe the soul is?
(a) The stomach.
(b) The liver.
(c) The brain.
(d) The heart.
4. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
(a) A malpractice lawyer.
(b) A patient at Bayside.
(c) President of Bayside Hospital.
(d) Abby's uncle.
5. In Chapter 7, where does Yakov learn the ship is headed?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, from what port does the reader learn the freight ship is traveling?
2. What emotional things does Yakov tell the captain of the ship he does not do in in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Mark's competition end the race early in Chapter 10?
4. Whose body do Mark and Abby learn was found in the end of Chapter 10?
5. Which doctor does Abby speak to over the phone regarding the patient with post-op fever in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there such an abrupt end to Mark and Abby's sailing trip in Chapter 10?
2. Why does Abby call Wilcox Memorial Hospital in Vermont about Nina Voss' donor in Chapter 8?
3. What does Abby learn in Chapter 5 will be the consequences of what she and Vivien have done?
4. What makes Yakov think the men on board his freighter ship are doing something illegal?
5. To what inner sanctum does Dr. Bill Archer invite Abby? For what reason?
6. What is Yakov's biggest fear as he travels to America?
7. Why does Abby try so hard to impress Dr. Wettig while presenting her patient?
8. What does Yakov do for a living before being taken to America by Nadiya and Gregor? For what reason?
9. What does Gregor do to Uncle Misha after the boys leave the apartment?
10. Why is Mary Allen in the SICU? What is her prognosis?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)