|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abby find on the x-ray of the post-op fever patient's chest in Chapter 8?
(a) Nodules in the lungs.
(b) An enlarged heart.
2. Why does Victor Voss go to Jeremiah Parr in Chapter 6 and insist that Abby be fired?
(a) She stole the heart intended for his wife.
(b) She is a bad doctor.
(c) She killed another patient.
(d) She parked in his parking spot.
3. Where does Nina Voss say some people believe the soul is?
(a) The brain.
(b) The stomach.
(c) The liver.
(d) The heart.
4. Why does Mark's competition end the race early in Chapter 10?
(a) He decided he could not win.
(b) He was called into the hospital.
(c) He got a call from his wife.
(d) He broke a line.
5. What does Abby notice in Chapter 6 about the heart being donated to Nina Voss?
(a) It is small.
(b) It is diseased.
(c) It is large.
(d) It is misshapen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which doctor does Abby speak to over the phone regarding the patient with post-op fever in Chapter 8?
2. How many women, aside from Abby, are part of the medical staff attending a party at Dr. Archer's in Chapter 3?
3. What is MICU?
4. What does Vivien tell Abby when she suggests she take some of the blame for the Josh O'Day drama?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Nina want to know about the boy who donated a heart to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Abby call Wilcox Memorial Hospital in Vermont about Nina Voss' donor in Chapter 8?
2. What does Yakov do for a living before being taken to America by Nadiya and Gregor? For what reason?
3. Who attempts to stop the delivery of Karen Terrio's heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 5?
4. Why does the transplant team invite Abby to join them on a heart transplant in chapter 6? What is the reason Abby might have refused?
5. How does Nina Voss feel about her impending death? How does this compare to the feelings of her husband?
6. What makes Yakov think the men on board his freighter ship are doing something illegal?
7. What does Dr. Chao decide to do to make sure that Josh O'Day receives a heart?
8. What does Mark tell Abby about the harvest at Wilcox Memorial Hospital that causes her to feel assured that the harvest took place there despite her earlier phone call? Who did the harvest?
9. What goes wrong when Dr. Chao begins plans to transplant Karen Terrio's heart into Josh O'Day?
10. Why is there such an abrupt end to Mark and Abby's sailing trip in Chapter 10?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)