|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Abby feel about riding on Mark's sailboat in Chapter 10?
(a) She is seasick the whole time.
(b) She wants to sail to Europe on it.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She wants to pilot it.
2. What does Abby find in her car when she leaves the hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) Dog feces.
(b) Pig intestines and a heart.
(c) A box of medical books.
(d) A new necklace.
3. What oil painting in Dr. Archer's inner sanctum does Abby find herself studying in Chapter 3?
(a) Battle between Death and Physician.
(b) da Vinci's Last Supper.
(c) da Vinci's Vitruvian Man.
(d) Painting of Dr. Salk.
4. Which doctor does Abby speak to over the phone regarding the patient with post-op fever in Chapter 8?
(a) Aaron Levi.
(b) Colin Wettig.
(c) Bill Archer.
(d) Ivan Tarasoff.
5. What is the name of the sailboat Mark is racing in Chapter 10?
(a) Red Current.
(b) Red Moon.
(c) Red Blood.
(d) Red Eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mark Hodell?
2. Why does Joe Terrio initially refuse to sign the forms to allow his wife's organs to be harvested?
3. Who does Mark suggest Vivien visit after her confrontation with Parr in Chapter 5?
4. What is the name of Mark's sailboat?
5. What does Dr. Abby DiMatteo believes is causing Karen Terrio's unresponsiveness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Yakov do for a living before being taken to America by Nadiya and Gregor? For what reason?
2. Why does Yakov dislike Nadiya?
3. What story does Abby tell Katzka and Lundquist in Chapter 18? Do they believe her?
4. How does Mark react when Abby asks him about the deaths of Kunstler and Hennessy? Why?
5. What does Vivien do in response to Abby's question in Chapter 10 was it all worth it?
6. Where is Mark's car found in Chapter 23? What conclusion do the police come to regarding the abandoned car?
7. How does Mary Allen die? Who pronounces her death?
8. Why does Abby suspect that Mark is in on the sale of human organs? What danger does Vivien suggest this poses for Abby?
9. Why did Dr. Wettig order a new blood alcohol test on Abby in Chapter 23? What do the results show in chapter 24?
10. What does Gregor do to Uncle Misha after the boys leave the apartment?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)