|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
(a) He does not have enough money.
(b) Policy prevents him from selling beer to minors.
(c) He does not have beer.
(d) Rules prevent him from selling beer to someone who is intoxicated.
2. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The deck.
(b) The navigator's quarters.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The engine room.
3. What does Abby find in her car when she leaves the hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) A box of medical books.
(b) Dog feces.
(c) Pig intestines and a heart.
(d) A new necklace.
4. Which doctor does Abby speak to over the phone regarding the patient with post-op fever in Chapter 8?
(a) Bill Archer.
(b) Aaron Levi.
(c) Colin Wettig.
(d) Ivan Tarasoff.
5. What occupation does Yakov wish he was allowed to participate in?
(c) Fast Food.
(d) Pick pocketing.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Vivien Chao argue Josh O'Day's need for the heart intended for Nina Voss?
2. Where does Nina Voss say some people believe the soul is?
3. What does Abby learn V stands for in VMI?
4. In Chapter 7, from what port does the reader learn the freight ship is traveling?
5. Why does Aleksei go back into Uncle Misha's flat after Nadiya leads the boys outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abby learn in Chapter 5 will be the consequences of what she and Vivien have done?
2. What does Dr. Chao decide to do to make sure that Josh O'Day receives a heart?
3. What does Gregor do to Uncle Misha after the boys leave the apartment?
4. Who is chosen to take the heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Abby try so hard to impress Dr. Wettig while presenting her patient?
6. Who attempts to stop the delivery of Karen Terrio's heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 5?
7. What makes Yakov think the men on board his freighter ship are doing something illegal?
8. Why does Abby call Wilcox Memorial Hospital in Vermont about Nina Voss' donor in Chapter 8?
9. What does Yakov do for a living before being taken to America by Nadiya and Gregor? For what reason?
10. What causes the accident that leads to Karen Terrio's brain injury?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)