|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sailboat Mark is racing in Chapter 10?
(a) Red Current.
(b) Red Blood.
(c) Red Moon.
(d) Red Eye.
2. Why does Karen decide not to pull over and sleep despite her exhaustion?
(a) She has to be at work in the morning.
(b) She is too close to stop.
(c) Tomorrow is her birthday.
(d) Tomorrow is her daughter's birthday.
3. What mineral do the doctors inject into Karen Terrio's heart to stop it from beating in Chapter 4?
4. Who is first to jump to Abby's defense in Chapter 5 after she takes Karen Terrio to Mass Gen for transplant into Josh O'Day?
(a) Bill Archer.
(b) Vivien Chao.
(c) Mark Hodell.
(d) Colin Wettig.
5. What does Nina Voss overhear her husband saying to the doctors in Chapter 3?
(a) She is too young to die.
(b) She needs to die faster.
(c) She needs a new heart at any cost.
(d) She is costing him too much money with her illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
2. What occupation does Yakov wish he was allowed to participate in?
3. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 7, from what port does the reader learn the freight ship is traveling?
5. What one requirement is Abby told the transplant team is looking for in a new recruit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Abby called to Jeremiah Parr's office in Chapter 6? What does this mean for Abby's career?
2. What is Yakov's biggest fear as he travels to America?
3. Why does Abby call Wilcox Memorial Hospital in Vermont about Nina Voss' donor in Chapter 8?
4. What doctor becomes interested in Karen Terrio's organs? For what reason?
5. What does Vivien do in response to Abby's question in Chapter 10 was it all worth it?
6. Why is Mary Allen in the SICU? What is her prognosis?
7. What causes the accident that leads to Karen Terrio's brain injury?
8. What does Dr. Chao decide to do to make sure that Josh O'Day receives a heart?
9. Who attempts to stop the delivery of Karen Terrio's heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 5?
10. Who is chosen to take the heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 4?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)