|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Abby afraid to go to work in the opening pages of Chapter 6?
(a) She is afraid one of her patients is dying.
(b) She is afraid of facing Nina Voss.
(c) She is afraid of facing Dr. Wettig.
(d) She is afraid she will be fired.
2. What does Vivien tell Abby when she suggests she take some of the blame for the Josh O'Day drama?
(a) Vivien tells her no one should take blame.
(b) Vivien tells her she ought to take some blame.
(c) Vivien insists someone has to stand up for the Josh O'Days at Bayside.
(d) Vivien tells her to forget about it all and just focus on the future.
3. What is the main topic of conversation between the men at Dr. Archer's party in Chapter 3?
(c) Money and investments.
4. What does Dr. Abby DiMatteo believes is causing Karen Terrio's unresponsiveness?
(a) Brain swelling.
(b) A midbrain hemorrhage.
(c) Brain contusion.
(d) A broken skull.
5. What illness impacts the boys in Nadiya's charge as they travel to America in Chapter 7?
(d) Food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the nurses applaud Abby in Chapter 6?
2. With whom does Vivien Chao argue Josh O'Day's need for the heart intended for Nina Voss?
3. What is NEOB?
4. Where did Abby first meet Mr. Parr as discussed in Chapter 5?
5. What does Abby find on the x-ray of the post-op fever patient's chest in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Yakov think the men on board his freighter ship are doing something illegal?
2. What does Abby say about the morphine she orders for Mary Allen in Chapter 6?
3. Who attempts to stop the delivery of Karen Terrio's heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 5?
4. What does Gregor do to Uncle Misha after the boys leave the apartment?
5. Why does the transplant team invite Abby to join them on a heart transplant in chapter 6? What is the reason Abby might have refused?
6. What causes the accident that leads to Karen Terrio's brain injury?
7. What does Abby learn in Chapter 5 will be the consequences of what she and Vivien have done?
8. Why is Abby called to Jeremiah Parr's office in Chapter 6? What does this mean for Abby's career?
9. Why is there such an abrupt end to Mark and Abby's sailing trip in Chapter 10?
10. To what inner sanctum does Dr. Bill Archer invite Abby? For what reason?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)