|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the nurses applaud Abby in Chapter 6?
(a) They like her singing.
(b) They like that she got a heart for Josh O'Day.
(c) They are reacting to a joke.
(d) They like that she stood up to Parr.
2. Which doctor does Abby speak to over the phone regarding the patient with post-op fever in Chapter 8?
(a) Ivan Tarasoff.
(b) Aaron Levi.
(c) Bill Archer.
(d) Colin Wettig.
3. Who is Leonard Mapes?
(a) One of Abby's patients.
(b) The doctor who delivers the donor heart for Nina Voss.
(c) The ambulance driver who delivered the heart for Josh O'Day.
(d) The doctor performing Nina Voss' transplant.
4. Where does Abby suggest the post-op fever is coming from in her patient in Chapter 9?
(a) The surgical site.
(b) An impacted tooth.
(c) An infection.
(d) The donated heart.
5. What reason does Abby believe the hospital decided to give Karen Terrio's heart to Nina Voss over Josh O'Day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vivien tell Abby when she suggests she take some of the blame for the Josh O'Day drama?
2. Why does Victor Voss go to Jeremiah Parr in Chapter 6 and insist that Abby be fired?
3. What occupation does Yakov wish he was allowed to participate in?
4. How old is Josh O'Day?
5. Why does Aleksei go back into Uncle Misha's flat after Nadiya leads the boys outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vivien do in response to Abby's question in Chapter 10 was it all worth it?
2. What doctor becomes interested in Karen Terrio's organs? For what reason?
3. Why does Abby call Wilcox Memorial Hospital in Vermont about Nina Voss' donor in Chapter 8?
4. Why does the transplant team invite Abby to join them on a heart transplant in chapter 6? What is the reason Abby might have refused?
5. What does Yakov do for a living before being taken to America by Nadiya and Gregor? For what reason?
6. To what inner sanctum does Dr. Bill Archer invite Abby? For what reason?
7. What does Mark tell Abby about the harvest at Wilcox Memorial Hospital that causes her to feel assured that the harvest took place there despite her earlier phone call? Who did the harvest?
8. What does Gregor do to Uncle Misha after the boys leave the apartment?
9. Why does Abby try so hard to impress Dr. Wettig while presenting her patient?
10. What does Abby learn in Chapter 5 will be the consequences of what she and Vivien have done?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)