|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Abby suggest the post-op fever is coming from in her patient in Chapter 9?
(a) The surgical site.
(b) The donated heart.
(c) An impacted tooth.
(d) An infection.
2. What one requirement is Abby told the transplant team is looking for in a new recruit?
(c) Loyalty to the patient.
(d) Good surgical skills.
3. What topic does Abby suggest all doctors are afraid to discuss, as stated in Chapter 4?
4. How old does Yakov claim he was when he began smoking?
5. What deformity does Yakov reveal he has?
(a) A club foot.
(b) A missing hand.
(c) A cataract.
(d) A missing foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mark suggest Vivien visit after her confrontation with Parr in Chapter 5?
2. What is NEOB?
3. What occupation does Yakov wish he was allowed to participate in?
4. What reason does Abby believe the hospital decided to give Karen Terrio's heart to Nina Voss over Josh O'Day?
5. What does Vivien tell Abby when she suggests she take some of the blame for the Josh O'Day drama?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there such an abrupt end to Mark and Abby's sailing trip in Chapter 10?
2. What causes the accident that leads to Karen Terrio's brain injury?
3. Why does Abby try so hard to impress Dr. Wettig while presenting her patient?
4. What does Yakov do for a living before being taken to America by Nadiya and Gregor? For what reason?
5. Why does Abby visit Nina Voss in Chapter 8? How does Nina Voss react to this visit?
6. What does Victor Voss do when he finds Abby in his wife's room in Chapter 9? What does Mark suggest Abby do about it?
7. What does Dr. Chao decide to do to make sure that Josh O'Day receives a heart?
8. What does Abby say about the morphine she orders for Mary Allen in Chapter 6?
9. Who is chosen to take the heart to Mass Gen in Chapter 4?
10. Why is Mary Allen in the SICU? What is her prognosis?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)