|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is UNOS?
(a) Uniform Network for Organ Sharing.
(b) United Nations of Organ Sharing.
(c) United Notion for Organism Software.
(d) United Network for Organ Sharing.
2. What is Shu-Shu?
(a) Yakov's nickname.
(b) Aleksei's stuffed toy.
(c) Aleksei's nickname.
(d) Yakov's stuffed toy.
3. What questions does Katzka ask Abby in Chapter 11?
(a) What she did to help Josh O'Day get a heart.
(b) What she and Dr. Hodell did to Nina Voss.
(c) What she and Dr. Levi spoke about the night he disappeared.
(d) What she said to Elaine after the funeral.
4. What is succinylcholine?
(a) A pain reliever.
(b) A hallucinogen.
(c) A paralyzing drug.
(d) An antibiotic.
5. What does Brenda Hainey hope to do for her aunt, Mary Allen?
(a) Help her face her death without medication.
(b) Help her accept God before she dies.
(c) Help her resist the evils of modern medicine.
(d) Help her cure her cancer with prayer.
6. What does Mark accuse Abby of in Chapter 17?
(b) Selling organs for profit.
(d) Lying about her credentials.
7. How did Hennessy die as discussed in Chapters 15-16?
(a) Carbon monoxide from an old furnace.
(b) Carbon monoxide from a faulty oven.
(c) Car accident.
8. What color is the van Abby continuously sees following her?
9. Where does Zwick suggest Mark will want to get married in Chapter 13?
(a) The Bahamas.
(b) The hospital.
(c) His boat.
10. What does Nina Voss find on the back of the card that came with her wildflowers in Chapter 18?
(a) A message from Vivien Chao.
(b) A cryptic note from Dr. Archer.
(c) A note from her lover.
(d) Abby's phone number.
11. What important paperwork in regards to Nina Voss' transplant are missing in Chapter 12?
(a) History records.
(b) Liability release forms.
(c) Donor records.
(d) Surgical notes.
12. Who reports the murder of Mary Allen to Katzka in Chapter 15?
(a) Brenda Hainey.
(b) Mark Hodell.
(c) Raj Mohandas.
(d) Bill Archer.
13. Why does Judith slash a sleeve of her blouse in Chapter 11?
(a) It is a symbol of the possibility of life renewed.
(b) It is a symbol of the violence that has invaded her life.
(c) It is a symbol of death.
(d) It is a symbol of a heart cut by grief.
14. What important question does Mark ask Abby in Chapter 12?
(a) To have his baby.
(b) To join the transplant team.
(c) To go on a world cruise on his sailboat.
(d) To marry him.
15. Where does Abby realize she has seen Bernard Katzka before?
(a) In college.
(b) Following her in a van.
(c) Aaron Levi's house.
(d) Aaron Levi's funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Katzka that Aaron Levi was injected with succinylcholine in Chapter 18?
2. Who does Vivien tell Abby was killed by carbon monoxide in his house along with his wife and baby?
3. What does Elaine have too much of at her husband's wake?
4. Whose money does Mark insist he will pay for his yacht with in Chapter 16?
5. Who does Elaine think people blame for Aaron's death?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)