|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nina Voss find on the back of the card that came with her wildflowers in Chapter 18?
(a) A note from her lover.
(b) A message from Vivien Chao.
(c) Abby's phone number.
(d) A cryptic note from Dr. Archer.
2. Who does Vivien tell Abby was killed by carbon monoxide in his house along with his wife and baby?
(a) Dr. Jones.
(b) Dr. Cepero.
(c) Dr. Zwick.
(d) Dr. Hennessy.
3. What is Abby doing to fill her time now that she is suspended from duties in the hospital?
(a) Volunteering in a free clinic.
(c) Janitorial work.
(d) Research for Wettig.
4. What important paperwork in regards to Nina Voss' transplant are missing in Chapter 12?
(a) Liability release forms.
(b) Surgical notes.
(c) Donor records.
(d) History records.
5. Who proves that the lock on Abby's locker could have been opened by a saboteur in Chapter 13?
(b) Dr. Ivan Tarasoff.
(c) Mark Hodell.
(d) Dr. Colin Wettig.
6. What special day does Mark remind Abby of in Chapter 12?
(a) His birthday.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Her graduation day.
(d) Their anniversary.
7. What does Brenda Hainey hope to do for her aunt, Mary Allen?
(a) Help her resist the evils of modern medicine.
(b) Help her accept God before she dies.
(c) Help her face her death without medication.
(d) Help her cure her cancer with prayer.
8. What other organ(s) that could have been harvested from the donor does Dr. Wettig express concern about in Chapter 12?
(a) The spleen.
(b) The kidneys.
(c) The lungs.
(d) The liver.
9. Why is Detective Lundquist interviewing Abby in the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) She came to the police station to make a statement.
(b) She was arrested outside Parr's office.
(c) She has confessed to malpractice in Karen Terrio's case.
(d) She has confessed to Mary Allen's murder.
10. What does Katzka say when Abby asks if he thinks she is guilty?
11. What is Mary Allen dreaming about when someone comes into her room to inject morphine into her IV?
(a) A child.
(b) A past lover.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
12. What color is the van Abby continuously sees following her?
13. What does Abby mean in Chapter 18 when she suggests someone is generating organ donors?
(a) They are growing organs for sale.
(b) They are taking organs from volunteers.
(c) They are raiding mortuaries for organs.
(d) They are killing people for their organs.
14. What does Dr. Wettig suggest Abby do before she seek employment elsewhere?
(a) See a psychiatrist.
(b) Confess to murder.
(c) Return to medical school.
(d) Go to rehab.
15. Who does Katzka talk to about these accusations in Chapter 15?
(a) The nursing supervisor.
(c) Jeremiah Parr.
(d) Vivien Chao.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vivien suggest Abby move in with her in Chapter 17?
2. What habit does Elaine say Aaron got into in the final years of his life as a member of the transplant team at Bayside?
3. Who does Abby learn has also committed suicide at Bayside?
4. What surprise about the malpractice lawsuits does Abby learn in Chapter 13?
5. What account did Elaine find after her husband had died?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)