|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Yakov when Aleksei is led behind the blue door in Chapter 19?
(a) Hiding on deck.
(b) Hiding in the kitchen.
(c) Hiding on the bridge.
(d) Hiding in Wonderland.
2. What important question does Mark ask Abby in Chapter 12?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To have his baby.
(c) To join the transplant team.
(d) To go on a world cruise on his sailboat.
3. What does Dr. Wettig suggest Abby do before she seek employment elsewhere?
(a) Go to rehab.
(b) Return to medical school.
(c) See a psychiatrist.
(d) Confess to murder.
4. What is succinylcholine?
(a) A paralyzing drug.
(b) A hallucinogen.
(c) An antibiotic.
(d) A pain reliever.
5. What is Mary Allen dreaming about when someone comes into her room to inject morphine into her IV?
(a) A child.
(b) A past lover.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
6. Why does Mark say he wants to buy a yacht in Chapter 16?
(a) To run a seaside clinic.
(b) To escape the city.
(c) To race.
(d) To show up his friends.
7. What other organ(s) that could have been harvested from the donor does Dr. Wettig express concern about in Chapter 12?
(a) The lungs.
(b) The liver.
(c) The kidneys.
(d) The spleen.
8. What account did Elaine find after her husband had died?
(a) An account in London.
(b) A Cayman Island account.
(c) An account under his secretary's name.
(d) A bank account under his mother's name.
9. What does Abby tell the reader in Chapter 12 some new doctors do when called to pronounce a death?
(a) Make a speech.
(c) Attempt CPR.
(d) Call for a priest.
10. Who reports the murder of Mary Allen to Katzka in Chapter 15?
(a) Raj Mohandas.
(b) Bill Archer.
(c) Mark Hodell.
(d) Brenda Hainey.
11. Who does Abby learn has also committed suicide at Bayside?
(a) Dr. Aaron Levi.
(b) Dr. Bill Archer.
(c) Dr. Diana Casanova.
(d) Dr. Lawrence Kunstler.
12. Who does Abby see coming out of Amity Medical Supplies in Chapter 20?
(a) Dr. Tarasoff.
(b) Dr. Mapes.
(c) Dr. Wettig.
(d) Dr. Archer.
13. What lands on the boat that fascinates Yakov and frightens Aleksei in Chapter 14?
(d) Military hoover craft.
14. What procedure does Mary Allen question and nearly refuse to accept in Chapter 11?
(a) Pain therapy.
(c) A chest tube.
(d) A lung removal.
15. What does Mary Allen's niece accuse Abby of when she arrives at the hospital after her aunt's death in Chapter 12?
(a) Killing her.
(b) Refusing to allow visitors.
(c) Condemning her soul to Hell.
(d) Not attempting to save her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nina Voss find on the back of the card that came with her wildflowers in Chapter 18?
2. Where is the first place Yakov takes a finally well Aleksei in Chapter 14?
3. Why does Victor Voss remove the wildflowers Nina Voss has been admiring in her sick room in Chapter 18?
4. What does Katzka say when Abby asks if he thinks she is guilty?
5. Who does Elaine think people blame for Aaron's death?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)