|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what do Abby and Vivien tell Dr. Tarasoff they think the Bayside transplant team is doing?
(a) Orchestrating the sale of human organs.
(b) Buying organs to sell to desperate patients.
(c) Refusing organ transplants to the poor.
(d) Killing patients to take their organs.
2. How does Abby embarrass the security guards in Chapter 13?
(a) Cussing at them.
(b) Showing them her tampons during a search of her locker.
(c) Running from them.
(d) Undressing in front of them.
3. With whom does Abby get into a confrontation over a patient's care in Chapter 11?
(a) Mark Hodell.
(b) Bernard Katzka.
(c) Jeremiah Parr.
(d) Brenda Hainey.
4. Who is waiting for Abby outside Mr. Parr's office in Chapter 17?
(b) Dr. Wettig.
(c) Brenda Hainey.
5. Who does Katzka talk to about these accusations in Chapter 15?
(a) Vivien Chao.
(b) The nursing supervisor.
(c) Jeremiah Parr.
6. Why are there people waiting for Abby outside Mr. Parr's office in Chapter 17?
(a) To fire her.
(b) Someone went to the press about Mary Allen.
(c) To arrest her.
(d) To give her papers for a lawsuit.
7. What does Mark accuse Abby of in Chapter 17?
(a) Selling organs for profit.
(d) Lying about her credentials.
8. Why does Mark say he wants to buy a yacht in Chapter 16?
(a) To show up his friends.
(b) To run a seaside clinic.
(c) To race.
(d) To escape the city.
9. Why does Vivien suggest Abby move in with her in Chapter 17?
(a) She has romantic feelings for Abby.
(b) She thinks it will be easier for the investigation.
(c) She is afraid of Mark.
(d) She will be able to watch her closer.
10. Where is the first place Yakov takes a finally well Aleksei in Chapter 14?
(a) The engine room.
(b) The bridge.
(c) The deck.
(d) The kitchen.
11. What does an article in the newspaper claims caused Abby to kill Mary Allen in Chapter 20?
(b) Lack of sleep.
12. What does Elaine have too much of at her husband's wake?
13. Why does Yakov tell Aleksei he no longer wants to be adopted by an American family in Chapter 14?
(a) He believes his mother is looking for him.
(b) He does not think he will like living in America.
(c) He wants to return to Uncle Misha.
(d) He does not think he can learn English.
14. Who does Abby learn has also committed suicide at Bayside?
(a) Dr. Lawrence Kunstler.
(b) Dr. Diana Casanova.
(c) Dr. Aaron Levi.
(d) Dr. Bill Archer.
15. What does Mary Allen's niece accuse Abby of when she arrives at the hospital after her aunt's death in Chapter 12?
(a) Refusing to allow visitors.
(b) Killing her.
(c) Not attempting to save her life.
(d) Condemning her soul to Hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is succinylcholine?
2. Why does Victor Voss remove the wildflowers Nina Voss has been admiring in her sick room in Chapter 18?
3. How does Abby get into the Levi house in Chapter 16?
4. What does Vivien ask Abby to do in Chapter 16?
5. Who wakes Aleksei in the middle of the night in Chapter 19?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)