|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nina Voss tell Abby is the secret to a successful marriage?
2. What is Mary Allen dreaming about when someone comes into her room to inject morphine into her IV?
(a) Her father.
(b) A past lover.
(c) A child.
(d) Her husband.
3. Where is Yakov at the end of Chapter 19 when he is caught by Gregor?
(a) On the bridge watching the helicopter.
(b) On deck watching the helicopter.
(c) On the bridge sleeping.
(d) On deck sleeping.
4. What does Brenda Hainey hope to do for her aunt, Mary Allen?
(a) Help her face her death without medication.
(b) Help her resist the evils of modern medicine.
(c) Help her accept God before she dies.
(d) Help her cure her cancer with prayer.
5. Whose money does Mark insist he will pay for his yacht with in Chapter 16?
(a) His mother's.
(b) A bank loan.
(d) His own.
6. How much money does Katzka tell Abby is in this surprise account?
(a) A thousand dollars.
(b) A hundred dollars.
(c) Three million dollars.
(d) Two million dollars.
7. What does Mark accuse Abby of in Chapter 17?
(a) Lying about her credentials.
(c) Selling organs for profit.
8. Who calls Abby out of surgery in Chapter 13?
(a) Colin Wettig.
(b) Mark Hodell.
(c) Bill Archer.
(d) Jeremiah Parr.
9. What does Vivien ask Abby to do in Chapter 16?
(a) Gather information on heart transplant patients at Bayside.
(b) Ask Mark the truth about the Bayside transplant team.
(c) Go to Vermont to investigate the hospital where Nina Voss' donor heart was harvested.
(d) Check into Dr. Archer's finances.
10. Why does Yakov tell Aleksei he no longer wants to be adopted by an American family in Chapter 14?
(a) He does not think he will like living in America.
(b) He believes his mother is looking for him.
(c) He wants to return to Uncle Misha.
(d) He does not think he can learn English.
11. What is Shu-Shu?
(a) Yakov's stuffed toy.
(b) Yakov's nickname.
(c) Aleksei's nickname.
(d) Aleksei's stuffed toy.
12. Why does Victor Voss remove the wildflowers Nina Voss has been admiring in her sick room in Chapter 18?
(a) He dislikes their smell.
(b) He thinks she might have an allergic reaction.
(c) He thinks they are not suited to her.
(d) He dislikes who sent them.
13. Who does Elaine think people blame for Aaron's death?
14. To where does Abby follow the doctor she saw coming out of Amity Medical Supplies?
(a) The marina where Mark keeps his boat.
(b) The airport.
(c) A container yard in the industrial waterfront.
(d) A house outside Boston.
15. Why are there people waiting for Abby outside Mr. Parr's office in Chapter 17?
(a) To fire her.
(b) To arrest her.
(c) Someone went to the press about Mary Allen.
(d) To give her papers for a lawsuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important question does Mark ask Abby in Chapter 12?
2. Where is the first place Yakov takes a finally well Aleksei in Chapter 14?
3. What does Dr. Wettig suggest Abby do before she seek employment elsewhere?
4. What does Abby mean in Chapter 18 when she suggests someone is generating organ donors?
5. What does Mary Allen's niece find among her mail when she returns home after Mary Allen's death in Chapter 12?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)