|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Allen's niece accuse Abby of when she arrives at the hospital after her aunt's death in Chapter 12?
(a) Not attempting to save her life.
(b) Killing her.
(c) Refusing to allow visitors.
(d) Condemning her soul to Hell.
2. What does Abby mean in Chapter 18 when she suggests someone is generating organ donors?
(a) They are growing organs for sale.
(b) They are taking organs from volunteers.
(c) They are raiding mortuaries for organs.
(d) They are killing people for their organs.
3. What habit does Elaine say Aaron got into in the final years of his life as a member of the transplant team at Bayside?
(a) Internet shopping.
(c) Instant Messaging.
(d) Video games.
4. Who does Abby learn has also committed suicide at Bayside?
(a) Dr. Lawrence Kunstler.
(b) Dr. Bill Archer.
(c) Dr. Aaron Levi.
(d) Dr. Diana Casanova.
5. What important question does Mark ask Abby in Chapter 12?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To join the transplant team.
(c) To go on a world cruise on his sailboat.
(d) To have his baby.
6. What does Nina Voss find on the back of the card that came with her wildflowers in Chapter 18?
(a) Abby's phone number.
(b) A cryptic note from Dr. Archer.
(c) A message from Vivien Chao.
(d) A note from her lover.
7. Where is the first place Yakov takes a finally well Aleksei in Chapter 14?
(a) The engine room.
(b) The bridge.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The deck.
8. What does Nina Voss tell Abby is the secret to a successful marriage?
9. Why does Judith slash a sleeve of her blouse in Chapter 11?
(a) It is a symbol of a heart cut by grief.
(b) It is a symbol of death.
(c) It is a symbol of the violence that has invaded her life.
(d) It is a symbol of the possibility of life renewed.
10. What is Shu-Shu?
(a) Aleksei's nickname.
(b) Yakov's stuffed toy.
(c) Yakov's nickname.
(d) Aleksei's stuffed toy.
11. Why does Victor Voss remove the wildflowers Nina Voss has been admiring in her sick room in Chapter 18?
(a) He thinks they are not suited to her.
(b) He dislikes their smell.
(c) He dislikes who sent them.
(d) He thinks she might have an allergic reaction.
12. What does Katzka say when Abby asks if he thinks she is guilty?
13. Why does Vivien suggest Abby move in with her in Chapter 17?
(a) She has romantic feelings for Abby.
(b) She will be able to watch her closer.
(c) She is afraid of Mark.
(d) She thinks it will be easier for the investigation.
14. Why is Detective Lundquist interviewing Abby in the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) She came to the police station to make a statement.
(b) She has confessed to Mary Allen's murder.
(c) She was arrested outside Parr's office.
(d) She has confessed to malpractice in Karen Terrio's case.
15. What does Brenda Hainey hope to do for her aunt, Mary Allen?
(a) Help her face her death without medication.
(b) Help her cure her cancer with prayer.
(c) Help her resist the evils of modern medicine.
(d) Help her accept God before she dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abby say is the worst time of the day in Chapter 20?
2. What questions does Katzka ask Abby in Chapter 11?
3. What other organ(s) that could have been harvested from the donor does Dr. Wettig express concern about in Chapter 12?
4. Where is Yakov at the end of Chapter 19 when he is caught by Gregor?
5. Where does Abby realize she has seen Bernard Katzka before?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)