|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Judith slash a sleeve of her blouse in Chapter 11?
(a) It is a symbol of death.
(b) It is a symbol of a heart cut by grief.
(c) It is a symbol of the possibility of life renewed.
(d) It is a symbol of the violence that has invaded her life.
2. In Chapter 16, what do Abby and Vivien tell Dr. Tarasoff they think the Bayside transplant team is doing?
(a) Orchestrating the sale of human organs.
(b) Killing patients to take their organs.
(c) Refusing organ transplants to the poor.
(d) Buying organs to sell to desperate patients.
3. Where does Abby realize she has seen Bernard Katzka before?
(a) Aaron Levi's funeral.
(b) Aaron Levi's house.
(c) Following her in a van.
(d) In college.
4. What special day does Mark remind Abby of in Chapter 12?
(a) Her birthday.
(b) Their anniversary.
(c) His birthday.
(d) Her graduation day.
5. In Chapter 16, what does Abby find among Mark's files in their home?
(a) A contract for a yacht Mark sold for millions.
(b) A contract for a yacht that Mark will be remodling.
(c) A contract for a yacht that Mark paid cash for.
(d) A contract for a yacht Mark has bought for Abby.
6. Where is the first place Yakov takes a finally well Aleksei in Chapter 14?
(a) The bridge.
(b) The engine room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The deck.
7. What important paperwork in regards to Nina Voss' transplant are missing in Chapter 12?
(a) Donor records.
(b) History records.
(c) Liability release forms.
(d) Surgical notes.
8. What is Amity Medical Supply?
(a) The company Victor Voss sent five million dollars to the night before Nina's transplant.
(b) The medical supply company Abby refers her patients to.
(c) The medical supply company katzka called to learn more about succinylcholine.
(d) The medical supply company that furnishes Nina's medical supplies.
9. What procedure does Mary Allen question and nearly refuse to accept in Chapter 11?
(a) A chest tube.
(b) A lung removal.
(d) Pain therapy.
10. What does Nina Voss find on the back of the card that came with her wildflowers in Chapter 18?
(a) Abby's phone number.
(b) A note from her lover.
(c) A message from Vivien Chao.
(d) A cryptic note from Dr. Archer.
11. What does Abby say is the worst time of the day in Chapter 20?
12. What is Mary Allen dreaming about when someone comes into her room to inject morphine into her IV?
(a) A child.
(b) A past lover.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father.
13. Who does Vivien tell Abby was killed by carbon monoxide in his house along with his wife and baby?
(a) Dr. Hennessy.
(b) Dr. Cepero.
(c) Dr. Zwick.
(d) Dr. Jones.
14. Why does Mark say he wants to buy a yacht in Chapter 16?
(a) To race.
(b) To show up his friends.
(c) To run a seaside clinic.
(d) To escape the city.
15. Why does Yakov tell Aleksei he no longer wants to be adopted by an American family in Chapter 14?
(a) He believes his mother is looking for him.
(b) He wants to return to Uncle Misha.
(c) He does not think he can learn English.
(d) He does not think he will like living in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katzka admire Mark for in Chapter 18?
2. Who does Abby learn has also committed suicide at Bayside?
3. Who does Abby see talking in the garden outside Elaine's kitchen in Chapter 11?
4. What does the injection of succinylcholine say about Aaron Levi's death?
5. To where does Abby follow the doctor she saw coming out of Amity Medical Supplies?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)