|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mark say he wants to buy a yacht in Chapter 16?
(a) To escape the city.
(b) To run a seaside clinic.
(c) To race.
(d) To show up his friends.
2. What does Nina Voss find on the back of the card that came with her wildflowers in Chapter 18?
(a) A note from her lover.
(b) A cryptic note from Dr. Archer.
(c) Abby's phone number.
(d) A message from Vivien Chao.
3. What is Amity Medical Supply?
(a) The medical supply company Abby refers her patients to.
(b) The medical supply company katzka called to learn more about succinylcholine.
(c) The medical supply company that furnishes Nina's medical supplies.
(d) The company Victor Voss sent five million dollars to the night before Nina's transplant.
4. Who reports the murder of Mary Allen to Katzka in Chapter 15?
(a) Brenda Hainey.
(b) Mark Hodell.
(c) Bill Archer.
(d) Raj Mohandas.
5. Who is waiting for Abby outside Mr. Parr's office in Chapter 17?
(a) Dr. Wettig.
(d) Brenda Hainey.
6. What is Shu-Shu?
(a) Yakov's nickname.
(b) Aleksei's stuffed toy.
(c) Yakov's stuffed toy.
(d) Aleksei's nickname.
7. Why does Katzka refuse to allow Abby to follow him into Amity Medical Supplies in Chapter 20?
(a) She is not a cop.
(b) It might be dangerous.
(c) She might get in his way.
(d) Someone might recognize her.
8. What does the injection of succinylcholine say about Aaron Levi's death?
(a) He was a drug addict.
(b) He needed chemical help to get up the courage to kill himself.
(c) It was not suicide.
(d) He was drunk before his death.
9. Why does Yakov tell Aleksei he no longer wants to be adopted by an American family in Chapter 14?
(a) He does not think he will like living in America.
(b) He does not think he can learn English.
(c) He believes his mother is looking for him.
(d) He wants to return to Uncle Misha.
10. Who does Vivien tell Abby was killed by carbon monoxide in his house along with his wife and baby?
(a) Dr. Cepero.
(b) Dr. Jones.
(c) Dr. Zwick.
(d) Dr. Hennessy.
11. Why does Judith slash a sleeve of her blouse in Chapter 11?
(a) It is a symbol of the violence that has invaded her life.
(b) It is a symbol of a heart cut by grief.
(c) It is a symbol of the possibility of life renewed.
(d) It is a symbol of death.
12. What special day does Mark remind Abby of in Chapter 12?
(a) Her graduation day.
(b) Their anniversary.
(c) Her birthday.
(d) His birthday.
13. Who does Elaine think people blame for Aaron's death?
14. To where does Abby follow the doctor she saw coming out of Amity Medical Supplies?
(a) A container yard in the industrial waterfront.
(b) The airport.
(c) The marina where Mark keeps his boat.
(d) A house outside Boston.
15. Who does Abby learn has also committed suicide at Bayside?
(a) Dr. Aaron Levi.
(b) Dr. Bill Archer.
(c) Dr. Lawrence Kunstler.
(d) Dr. Diana Casanova.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Zwick suggest Mark will want to get married in Chapter 13?
2. What does Mary Allen's niece find among her mail when she returns home after Mary Allen's death in Chapter 12?
3. What does Brenda Hainey hope to do for her aunt, Mary Allen?
4. What is Wonderland?
5. What habit does Elaine say Aaron got into in the final years of his life as a member of the transplant team at Bayside?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)