|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yakov tell Aleksei he no longer wants to be adopted by an American family in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to return to Uncle Misha.
(b) He believes his mother is looking for him.
(c) He does not think he can learn English.
(d) He does not think he will like living in America.
2. In Chapter 16, what does Abby find among Mark's files in their home?
(a) A contract for a yacht Mark has bought for Abby.
(b) A contract for a yacht that Mark will be remodling.
(c) A contract for a yacht that Mark paid cash for.
(d) A contract for a yacht Mark sold for millions.
3. How does Abby get into the Levi house in Chapter 16?
(a) Elaine lets her in.
(b) Through an unlocked door.
(c) The front door is open.
(d) A broken window.
4. What special day does Mark remind Abby of in Chapter 12?
(a) Their anniversary.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Her graduation day.
(d) His birthday.
5. Why does Mark say he wants to buy a yacht in Chapter 16?
(a) To show up his friends.
(b) To race.
(c) To escape the city.
(d) To run a seaside clinic.
6. Who wakes Aleksei in the middle of the night in Chapter 19?
7. Who does Vivien tell Abby was killed by carbon monoxide in his house along with his wife and baby?
(a) Dr. Zwick.
(b) Dr. Jones.
(c) Dr. Hennessy.
(d) Dr. Cepero.
8. What lands on the boat that fascinates Yakov and frightens Aleksei in Chapter 14?
(c) Military hoover craft.
9. With whom does Abby get into a confrontation over a patient's care in Chapter 11?
(a) Bernard Katzka.
(b) Brenda Hainey.
(c) Jeremiah Parr.
(d) Mark Hodell.
10. What does Mary Allen's niece find among her mail when she returns home after Mary Allen's death in Chapter 12?
(a) Medical records proving Mary Allen did not have cancer.
(b) A note claiming her aunt's death was not natural.
(c) A card from a malpractice lawyer.
(d) A check for a million dollars.
11. Who does Katzka talk to about these accusations in Chapter 15?
(a) The nursing supervisor.
(b) Jeremiah Parr.
(d) Vivien Chao.
12. What does Mary Allen's niece accuse Abby of when she arrives at the hospital after her aunt's death in Chapter 12?
(a) Not attempting to save her life.
(b) Condemning her soul to Hell.
(c) Killing her.
(d) Refusing to allow visitors.
13. What does the injection of succinylcholine say about Aaron Levi's death?
(a) He was drunk before his death.
(b) He was a drug addict.
(c) It was not suicide.
(d) He needed chemical help to get up the courage to kill himself.
14. Who is waiting for Abby outside Mr. Parr's office in Chapter 17?
(b) Dr. Wettig.
(c) Brenda Hainey.
15. What does Dr. Wettig suggest Abby do before she seek employment elsewhere?
(a) Return to medical school.
(b) Go to rehab.
(c) Confess to murder.
(d) See a psychiatrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the cook irritated when Yakov and Aleksei visit him in Chapter 14?
2. What questions does Katzka ask Abby in Chapter 11?
3. Where does Zwick suggest Mark will want to get married in Chapter 13?
4. Where is Yakov when Aleksei is led behind the blue door in Chapter 19?
5. What is Amity Medical Supply?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)