|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vivien suggest Abby move in with her in Chapter 17?
(a) She has romantic feelings for Abby.
(b) She thinks it will be easier for the investigation.
(c) She will be able to watch her closer.
(d) She is afraid of Mark.
2. With whom does Abby get into a confrontation over a patient's care in Chapter 11?
(a) Jeremiah Parr.
(b) Brenda Hainey.
(c) Bernard Katzka.
(d) Mark Hodell.
3. What does Nina Voss find on the back of the card that came with her wildflowers in Chapter 18?
(a) A message from Vivien Chao.
(b) Abby's phone number.
(c) A cryptic note from Dr. Archer.
(d) A note from her lover.
4. What does Elaine have too much of at her husband's wake?
5. Who does Elaine think people blame for Aaron's death?
6. Why does Katzka refuse to allow Abby to follow him into Amity Medical Supplies in Chapter 20?
(a) Someone might recognize her.
(b) She is not a cop.
(c) She might get in his way.
(d) It might be dangerous.
7. How did Hennessy die as discussed in Chapters 15-16?
(a) Carbon monoxide from an old furnace.
(b) Car accident.
(d) Carbon monoxide from a faulty oven.
8. What is Mary Allen dreaming about when someone comes into her room to inject morphine into her IV?
(a) Her father.
(b) A child.
(c) A past lover.
(d) Her husband.
9. Who is waiting for Abby outside Mr. Parr's office in Chapter 17?
(a) Brenda Hainey.
(b) Dr. Wettig.
10. What does Katzka admire Mark for in Chapter 18?
(a) His nice suit.
(b) His nice car.
(c) His Italian shoes.
(d) His love of Abby.
11. What does the injection of succinylcholine say about Aaron Levi's death?
(a) He was a drug addict.
(b) He needed chemical help to get up the courage to kill himself.
(c) He was drunk before his death.
(d) It was not suicide.
12. Why is the cook irritated when Yakov and Aleksei visit him in Chapter 14?
(a) The boys are getting in his way.
(b) A mouse is running wild in the kitchen.
(c) The demanding passengers in the aft cabin are asking for a special meal.
(d) The captain is being mean to him.
13. What does Vivien ask Abby to do in Chapter 16?
(a) Check into Dr. Archer's finances.
(b) Go to Vermont to investigate the hospital where Nina Voss' donor heart was harvested.
(c) Gather information on heart transplant patients at Bayside.
(d) Ask Mark the truth about the Bayside transplant team.
14. Why does Judith slash a sleeve of her blouse in Chapter 11?
(a) It is a symbol of the violence that has invaded her life.
(b) It is a symbol of death.
(c) It is a symbol of a heart cut by grief.
(d) It is a symbol of the possibility of life renewed.
15. What is succinylcholine?
(a) A paralyzing drug.
(b) A hallucinogen.
(c) An antibiotic.
(d) A pain reliever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special day does Mark remind Abby of in Chapter 12?
2. In Chapter 16, what do Abby and Vivien tell Dr. Tarasoff they think the Bayside transplant team is doing?
3. What does Abby mean in Chapter 18 when she suggests someone is generating organ donors?
4. Why does Yakov tell Aleksei he no longer wants to be adopted by an American family in Chapter 14?
5. What color is the van Abby continuously sees following her?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)