|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vivien suggest Abby move in with her in Chapter 17?
(a) She thinks it will be easier for the investigation.
(b) She is afraid of Mark.
(c) She has romantic feelings for Abby.
(d) She will be able to watch her closer.
2. What does Nina Voss find on the back of the card that came with her wildflowers in Chapter 18?
(a) A cryptic note from Dr. Archer.
(b) A note from her lover.
(c) Abby's phone number.
(d) A message from Vivien Chao.
3. Why does Victor Voss remove the wildflowers Nina Voss has been admiring in her sick room in Chapter 18?
(a) He dislikes who sent them.
(b) He dislikes their smell.
(c) He thinks they are not suited to her.
(d) He thinks she might have an allergic reaction.
4. Where does Abby realize she has seen Bernard Katzka before?
(a) Aaron Levi's house.
(b) Following her in a van.
(c) In college.
(d) Aaron Levi's funeral.
5. What account did Elaine find after her husband had died?
(a) An account in London.
(b) A Cayman Island account.
(c) An account under his secretary's name.
(d) A bank account under his mother's name.
6. What does Mary Allen's niece accuse Abby of when she arrives at the hospital after her aunt's death in Chapter 12?
(a) Not attempting to save her life.
(b) Killing her.
(c) Condemning her soul to Hell.
(d) Refusing to allow visitors.
7. In Chapter 16, what does Abby find among Mark's files in their home?
(a) A contract for a yacht that Mark paid cash for.
(b) A contract for a yacht Mark has bought for Abby.
(c) A contract for a yacht Mark sold for millions.
(d) A contract for a yacht that Mark will be remodling.
8. What does Mark accuse Abby of in Chapter 17?
(c) Lying about her credentials.
(d) Selling organs for profit.
9. Who does Vivien tell Abby was killed by carbon monoxide in his house along with his wife and baby?
(a) Dr. Cepero.
(b) Dr. Zwick.
(c) Dr. Jones.
(d) Dr. Hennessy.
10. How much money does Katzka tell Abby is in this surprise account?
(a) Two million dollars.
(b) Three million dollars.
(c) A hundred dollars.
(d) A thousand dollars.
11. Why does Judith slash a sleeve of her blouse in Chapter 11?
(a) It is a symbol of the possibility of life renewed.
(b) It is a symbol of death.
(c) It is a symbol of the violence that has invaded her life.
(d) It is a symbol of a heart cut by grief.
12. What does Katzka admire Mark for in Chapter 18?
(a) His love of Abby.
(b) His nice car.
(c) His Italian shoes.
(d) His nice suit.
13. Why does Katzka refuse to allow Abby to follow him into Amity Medical Supplies in Chapter 20?
(a) It might be dangerous.
(b) She is not a cop.
(c) Someone might recognize her.
(d) She might get in his way.
14. What surprise about the malpractice lawsuits does Abby learn in Chapter 13?
(a) They have been settled.
(b) They have been approved for litigation.
(c) They have increased in plantiffs.
(d) They have been dropped.
15. Who is first to come to Abby's defense after the search of her locker in Chapter 13?
(a) Jeremiah Parr.
(b) Mark Hodell.
(c) Bill Archer.
(d) Colin Wettig.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vivien ask Abby to do in Chapter 16?
2. What is Amity Medical Supply?
3. Where is Yakov when Aleksei is led behind the blue door in Chapter 19?
4. Who does Abby see talking in the garden outside Elaine's kitchen in Chapter 11?
5. What important question does Mark ask Abby in Chapter 12?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)