|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mark racing on his sailboat in Chapter 10?
(a) Raj Mohandas.
(b) Aaron Levi.
(c) Bill Archer.
(d) Jeremiah Parr.
2. What what caused the death of the family member Abby sees in her dreams in Chapter 8?
(a) Hit by a car.
(b) Diabetes complications.
(d) Heart attack.
3. In Chapter 7, where does Yakov learn the ship is headed?
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
4. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The navigator's quarters.
(b) The engine room.
(c) The deck.
(d) The kitchen.
5. Where did Nina Voss meet her husband Victor as discussed in Chapter 3?
6. What is the name of the sailboat Mark is racing in Chapter 10?
(a) Red Blood.
(b) Red Moon.
(c) Red Current.
(d) Red Eye.
7. What does Abby find on the x-ray of the post-op fever patient's chest in Chapter 8?
(a) An enlarged heart.
(d) Nodules in the lungs.
8. What is MICU?
(a) Master Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Myopathic Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Medical Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Modern Intensive Care Unit.
9. Why is Abby afraid to go to work in the opening pages of Chapter 6?
(a) She is afraid one of her patients is dying.
(b) She is afraid of facing Dr. Wettig.
(c) She is afraid of facing Nina Voss.
(d) She is afraid she will be fired.
10. What does Dr. Abby DiMatteo believes is causing Karen Terrio's unresponsiveness?
(a) A midbrain hemorrhage.
(b) Brain contusion.
(c) Brain swelling.
(d) A broken skull.
11. What topic does Abby suggest all doctors are afraid to discuss, as stated in Chapter 4?
12. How old is Josh O'Day?
13. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
(a) Policy prevents him from selling beer to minors.
(b) He does not have beer.
(c) Rules prevent him from selling beer to someone who is intoxicated.
(d) He does not have enough money.
14. How does Mark decide to treat the post-op fever in Chapter 9?
(a) Broad spectrum antibiotics.
(b) Another surgery.
(c) A wait and see approach.
15. What one requirement is Abby told the transplant team is looking for in a new recruit?
(a) Good surgical skills.
(b) Loyalty to the patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abby find in her car when she leaves the hospital in Chapter 9?
2. Who is Leonard Mapes?
3. Whose body do Mark and Abby learn was found in the end of Chapter 10?
4. How does Vince Lawry cause the accident that injures Karen Terrio?
5. Why does Victor Voss go to Jeremiah Parr in Chapter 6 and insist that Abby be fired?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)