|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nina Voss meet her husband Victor as discussed in Chapter 3?
2. How does Abby feel about riding on Mark's sailboat in Chapter 10?
(a) She wants to pilot it.
(b) She is seasick the whole time.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She wants to sail to Europe on it.
3. In Chapter 7, how many times does the engineer tell Yakov he has been to America?
(c) Three times.
4. Which doctor does Abby speak to over the phone regarding the patient with post-op fever in Chapter 8?
(a) Ivan Tarasoff.
(b) Bill Archer.
(c) Colin Wettig.
(d) Aaron Levi.
5. Who does Mark suggest Vivien visit after her confrontation with Parr in Chapter 5?
(a) Vivien Chao.
(b) Josh O'Day.
(c) Joe Terrio.
(d) Nina Voss.
6. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
(a) A malpractice lawyer.
(b) Abby's uncle.
(c) A patient at Bayside.
(d) President of Bayside Hospital.
7. Who is Mark racing on his sailboat in Chapter 10?
(a) Raj Mohandas.
(b) Aaron Levi.
(c) Jeremiah Parr.
(d) Bill Archer.
8. How many women, aside from Abby, are part of the medical staff attending a party at Dr. Archer's in Chapter 3?
9. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The deck.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The engine room.
(d) The navigator's quarters.
10. Who is first to jump to Abby's defense in Chapter 5 after she takes Karen Terrio to Mass Gen for transplant into Josh O'Day?
(a) Colin Wettig.
(b) Bill Archer.
(c) Vivien Chao.
(d) Mark Hodell.
11. How old does Yakov claim he was when he began smoking?
12. Who are Nadiya and Gregor?
(a) Friends of Uncle Misha.
(b) Strangers who have come to take the boys and get them adopted in America.
(c) The parents who have come to adopt Yakov and his three siblings.
(d) Yakov's aunt and uncle.
13. What topic does Abby suggest all doctors are afraid to discuss, as stated in Chapter 4?
14. What does Nina Voss overhear her husband saying to the doctors in Chapter 3?
(a) She needs a new heart at any cost.
(b) She needs to die faster.
(c) She is too young to die.
(d) She is costing him too much money with her illness.
15. What is Yakov's favorite place on ship as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The bridge.
(b) The engine room.
(c) The deck.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe Terrio initially refuse to sign the forms to allow his wife's organs to be harvested?
2. To whose room is Abby called in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Victor give Nina as a reason for the bad dreams she is having?
4. Who is the surgeon at Mass Gen who will perform Josh O'Day's transplant?
5. What does Abby notice in Chapter 6 about the heart being donated to Nina Voss?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)