|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nina Voss meet her husband Victor as discussed in Chapter 3?
2. Why is Abby afraid to go to work in the opening pages of Chapter 6?
(a) She is afraid of facing Dr. Wettig.
(b) She is afraid of facing Nina Voss.
(c) She is afraid one of her patients is dying.
(d) She is afraid she will be fired.
3. What is the main topic of conversation between the men at Dr. Archer's party in Chapter 3?
(c) Money and investments.
4. Why does Mark's competition end the race early in Chapter 10?
(a) He broke a line.
(b) He decided he could not win.
(c) He got a call from his wife.
(d) He was called into the hospital.
5. What does Abby notice in Chapter 6 about the heart being donated to Nina Voss?
(a) It is small.
(b) It is large.
(c) It is misshapen.
(d) It is diseased.
6. What is NEOB?
(a) New England Organ Bank.
(b) New England Orange Band.
(c) New Edge Oregon Bank.
(d) No End Originates Below.
7. Why does Victor Voss go to Jeremiah Parr in Chapter 6 and insist that Abby be fired?
(a) She killed another patient.
(b) She stole the heart intended for his wife.
(c) She is a bad doctor.
(d) She parked in his parking spot.
8. How does Mark decide to treat the post-op fever in Chapter 9?
(a) Broad spectrum antibiotics.
(b) A wait and see approach.
(d) Another surgery.
9. Where is Yakov from?
10. What topic does Abby suggest all doctors are afraid to discuss, as stated in Chapter 4?
11. In Chapter 7, how many times does the engineer tell Yakov he has been to America?
(c) Three times.
12. Why does Aleksei go back into Uncle Misha's flat after Nadiya leads the boys outside?
(a) To get his stuffed animal.
(b) To get his favorite book.
(c) To say goodbye to Uncle Misha.
(d) To go to the bathroom.
13. In Chapter 8, what does Nina want to know about the boy who donated a heart to her?
(a) What caused his death.
(b) What race he was.
(c) Who he was, who is family is.
(d) What economic background he had.
14. Why does Karen Terrio tell the reader she is driving in the middle of the night?
(a) Going home from a business trip.
(b) Returning from a two week vacation.
(c) Returning home from her Aunt Dorothy's funeral.
(d) Going home from work.
15. Who is the surgeon at Mass Gen who will perform Josh O'Day's transplant?
(a) Dr. Nicholas Chance.
(b) Dr. Ivan Tarasoff.
(c) Dr. Bill Archer.
(d) Dr. Mark Hodell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is MICU?
2. What reason does Abby believe the hospital decided to give Karen Terrio's heart to Nina Voss over Josh O'Day?
3. What emotional things does Yakov tell the captain of the ship he does not do in in Chapter 7?
4. Why does Karen decide not to pull over and sleep despite her exhaustion?
5. What is a direct donation?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)