|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Yakov's favorite place on ship as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The deck.
(c) The engine room.
(d) The bridge.
2. How does Mark decide to treat the post-op fever in Chapter 9?
(a) Broad spectrum antibiotics.
(b) A wait and see approach.
(d) Another surgery.
3. What mineral do the doctors inject into Karen Terrio's heart to stop it from beating in Chapter 4?
4. Who is the surgeon at Mass Gen who will perform Josh O'Day's transplant?
(a) Dr. Ivan Tarasoff.
(b) Dr. Bill Archer.
(c) Dr. Mark Hodell.
(d) Dr. Nicholas Chance.
5. What does Mary Allen say to Abby when she visits her in the SICU in Chapter 6?
(a) That she wants to go home.
(b) That she would like to die.
(c) That she does not want treatment.
(d) That she does not want morphine.
6. What is the name of the sailboat Mark is racing in Chapter 10?
(a) Red Eye.
(b) Red Blood.
(c) Red Moon.
(d) Red Current.
7. In Chapter 8, what does Nina want to know about the boy who donated a heart to her?
(a) Who he was, who is family is.
(b) What race he was.
(c) What economic background he had.
(d) What caused his death.
8. What does SICU stand for?
(a) Surgical Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Second Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Special Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Spinal Intensive Care Unit.
9. What emotional things does Yakov tell the captain of the ship he does not do in in Chapter 7?
(a) Cry and grow angry.
(b) Laugh or grow angry.
(c) Laugh or cry.
(d) Laugh or brood.
10. Why does Karen Terrio tell the reader she is driving in the middle of the night?
(a) Going home from a business trip.
(b) Returning home from her Aunt Dorothy's funeral.
(c) Going home from work.
(d) Returning from a two week vacation.
11. What deformity does Yakov reveal he has?
(a) A cataract.
(b) A missing hand.
(c) A missing foot.
(d) A club foot.
12. What topic does Abby suggest all doctors are afraid to discuss, as stated in Chapter 4?
13. Why does Mark's competition end the race early in Chapter 10?
(a) He got a call from his wife.
(b) He was called into the hospital.
(c) He decided he could not win.
(d) He broke a line.
14. With whom does Vivien Chao argue Josh O'Day's need for the heart intended for Nina Voss?
(a) Dr. Bill Archer.
(b) Dr. Aaron Levi.
(c) Dr. Colin Wettig.
(d) Dr. Mark Hodell.
15. To whose room is Abby called in Chapter 8?
(a) Brenda Hainey.
(b) Mark Hodell.
(c) Mary Allen.
(d) Nina Voss.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Victor give Nina as a reason for the bad dreams she is having?
2. Why does Aleksei go back into Uncle Misha's flat after Nadiya leads the boys outside?
3. What reason does Abby believe the hospital decided to give Karen Terrio's heart to Nina Voss over Josh O'Day?
4. Who is first to jump to Abby's defense in Chapter 5 after she takes Karen Terrio to Mass Gen for transplant into Josh O'Day?
5. Who does Abby tell Vivien she believes is behind the law suits and the present left in her car?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)