|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Abby afraid to go to work in the opening pages of Chapter 6?
(a) She is afraid of facing Nina Voss.
(b) She is afraid of facing Dr. Wettig.
(c) She is afraid one of her patients is dying.
(d) She is afraid she will be fired.
2. What illness impacts the boys in Nadiya's charge as they travel to America in Chapter 7?
(d) Food poisoning.
3. Whose body do Mark and Abby learn was found in the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Colin Wettig.
(b) Aaron Levi.
(c) Ivan Tarasoff.
(d) Bill Archer.
4. Who arrives late at Dr. Archer's for the party in Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Mark Hodell.
(b) Dr. Aaron Levi and his wife, Elaine.
(c) Dr. Raj Mohandas and his wife, Alain.
(d) Dr. Colin Wettig.
5. What emotional things does Yakov tell the captain of the ship he does not do in in Chapter 7?
(a) Laugh or cry.
(b) Laugh or grow angry.
(c) Laugh or brood.
(d) Cry and grow angry.
6. How old is Josh O'Day?
7. What does Abby find on the x-ray of the post-op fever patient's chest in Chapter 8?
(c) Nodules in the lungs.
(d) An enlarged heart.
8. What is the main topic of conversation between the men at Dr. Archer's party in Chapter 3?
(d) Money and investments.
9. Why does Aleksei go back into Uncle Misha's flat after Nadiya leads the boys outside?
(a) To get his stuffed animal.
(b) To say goodbye to Uncle Misha.
(c) To get his favorite book.
(d) To go to the bathroom.
10. Who does Mark suggest Vivien visit after her confrontation with Parr in Chapter 5?
(a) Vivien Chao.
(b) Joe Terrio.
(c) Josh O'Day.
(d) Nina Voss.
11. What does Abby find in her car when she leaves the hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) A box of medical books.
(b) A new necklace.
(c) Pig intestines and a heart.
(d) Dog feces.
12. In Chapter 7, where does Yakov learn the ship is headed?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
13. What does Abby notice in Chapter 6 about the heart being donated to Nina Voss?
(a) It is small.
(b) It is diseased.
(c) It is large.
(d) It is misshapen.
14. What is the name of the sailboat Mark is racing in Chapter 10?
(a) Red Moon.
(b) Red Blood.
(c) Red Current.
(d) Red Eye.
15. What mineral do the doctors inject into Karen Terrio's heart to stop it from beating in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is MICU?
2. How many doctors are named in the lawsuit regarding the death of Karen Terrio as discussed in Chapter 6?
3. With whom does Vivien Chao argue Josh O'Day's need for the heart intended for Nina Voss?
4. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
5. How does Abby feel about riding on Mark's sailboat in Chapter 10?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)