|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What deformity does Yakov reveal he has?
(a) A club foot.
(b) A cataract.
(c) A missing hand.
(d) A missing foot.
2. What does Abby find in her car when she leaves the hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) A new necklace.
(b) Pig intestines and a heart.
(c) Dog feces.
(d) A box of medical books.
3. Who are Nadiya and Gregor?
(a) Yakov's aunt and uncle.
(b) Friends of Uncle Misha.
(c) Strangers who have come to take the boys and get them adopted in America.
(d) The parents who have come to adopt Yakov and his three siblings.
4. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The navigator's quarters.
(b) The deck.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The engine room.
5. How many women, aside from Abby, are part of the medical staff attending a party at Dr. Archer's in Chapter 3?
6. Why do the nurses applaud Abby in Chapter 6?
(a) They are reacting to a joke.
(b) They like her singing.
(c) They like that she stood up to Parr.
(d) They like that she got a heart for Josh O'Day.
7. What is the name of Mark's sailboat?
(a) Gimme Shelter.
(b) Gimme Help.
(c) Gimme More.
(d) Gimme Kindness.
8. What does Abby notice in Chapter 6 about the heart being donated to Nina Voss?
(a) It is small.
(b) It is diseased.
(c) It is misshapen.
(d) It is large.
9. Who is Mark Hodell?
(a) The president of Bayside and Abby's boyfriend.
(b) An internist at Bayside and Abby's boyfriend.
(c) A surgeon at Bayside and Abby's boyfriend.
(d) A surgeon at Mass Gen and Abby's boyfriend.
10. What is NEOB?
(a) New England Orange Band.
(b) New England Organ Bank.
(c) No End Originates Below.
(d) New Edge Oregon Bank.
11. In Chapter 8, what does Nina want to know about the boy who donated a heart to her?
(a) What caused his death.
(b) What economic background he had.
(c) Who he was, who is family is.
(d) What race he was.
12. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
(a) A malpractice lawyer.
(b) A patient at Bayside.
(c) President of Bayside Hospital.
(d) Abby's uncle.
13. In Chapter 7, from what port does the reader learn the freight ship is traveling?
14. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
(a) Jeremiah Parr and Victor Voss.
(b) Dr. Bill Archer and Dr. Colin Wettig.
(c) Dr. Aaron Levi and Victor Voss?
(d) Mark and Dr. Bill Archer.
15. What is MICU?
(a) Myopathic Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Modern Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Master Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Medical Intensive Care Unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yakov's favorite place on ship as described in Chapter 7?
2. Where does Nina Voss say some people believe the soul is?
3. How does Mark decide to treat the post-op fever in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Karen Terrio tell the reader she is driving in the middle of the night?
5. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)