|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Leonard Mapes?
(a) The ambulance driver who delivered the heart for Josh O'Day.
(b) One of Abby's patients.
(c) The doctor who delivers the donor heart for Nina Voss.
(d) The doctor performing Nina Voss' transplant.
2. What is the name of the sailboat Mark is racing in Chapter 10?
(a) Red Current.
(b) Red Eye.
(c) Red Blood.
(d) Red Moon.
3. What what caused the death of the family member Abby sees in her dreams in Chapter 8?
(a) Heart attack.
(c) Diabetes complications.
(d) Hit by a car.
4. How much does Gregor offer to Uncle Misha in order to buy the boys from him?
(a) Ten thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Twenty thousand dollars.
5. Why do the nurses applaud Abby in Chapter 6?
(a) They like that she stood up to Parr.
(b) They like her singing.
(c) They like that she got a heart for Josh O'Day.
(d) They are reacting to a joke.
6. What is MICU?
(a) Master Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Myopathic Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Modern Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Medical Intensive Care Unit.
7. In Chapter 7, where does Yakov learn the ship is headed?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
8. In Chapter 7, how many times does the engineer tell Yakov he has been to America?
(a) Three times.
9. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The deck.
(c) The engine room.
(d) The navigator's quarters.
10. How does Mark decide to treat the post-op fever in Chapter 9?
(b) Another surgery.
(c) A wait and see approach.
(d) Broad spectrum antibiotics.
11. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
(a) Jeremiah Parr and Victor Voss.
(b) Dr. Bill Archer and Dr. Colin Wettig.
(c) Mark and Dr. Bill Archer.
(d) Dr. Aaron Levi and Victor Voss?
12. How many women, aside from Abby, are part of the medical staff attending a party at Dr. Archer's in Chapter 3?
13. Why does Karen decide not to pull over and sleep despite her exhaustion?
(a) She is too close to stop.
(b) Tomorrow is her birthday.
(c) Tomorrow is her daughter's birthday.
(d) She has to be at work in the morning.
14. What does Vivien tell Abby when she suggests she take some of the blame for the Josh O'Day drama?
(a) Vivien tells her she ought to take some blame.
(b) Vivien insists someone has to stand up for the Josh O'Days at Bayside.
(c) Vivien tells her no one should take blame.
(d) Vivien tells her to forget about it all and just focus on the future.
15. What is NEOB?
(a) New England Orange Band.
(b) No End Originates Below.
(c) New Edge Oregon Bank.
(d) New England Organ Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
2. Which doctor does Abby speak to over the phone regarding the patient with post-op fever in Chapter 8?
3. Who does Mark suggest Vivien visit after her confrontation with Parr in Chapter 5?
4. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
5. What deformity does Yakov reveal he has?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)