|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Victor Voss go to Jeremiah Parr in Chapter 6 and insist that Abby be fired?
(a) She stole the heart intended for his wife.
(b) She is a bad doctor.
(c) She killed another patient.
(d) She parked in his parking spot.
2. What what caused the death of the family member Abby sees in her dreams in Chapter 8?
(b) Hit by a car.
(c) Diabetes complications.
(d) Heart attack.
3. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
(a) Policy prevents him from selling beer to minors.
(b) Rules prevent him from selling beer to someone who is intoxicated.
(c) He does not have enough money.
(d) He does not have beer.
4. What does Abby find on the x-ray of the post-op fever patient's chest in Chapter 8?
(c) An enlarged heart.
(d) Nodules in the lungs.
5. Where did Nina Voss meet her husband Victor as discussed in Chapter 3?
6. Who does Abby tell Vivien she believes is behind the law suits and the present left in her car?
(a) Jeremiah Parr.
(b) Mark Hodell.
(c) Bill Archer.
(d) Vincent Voss.
7. What does Dr. Abby DiMatteo believes is causing Karen Terrio's unresponsiveness?
(a) Brain swelling.
(b) Brain contusion.
(c) A midbrain hemorrhage.
(d) A broken skull.
8. To whose room is Abby called in Chapter 8?
(a) Mark Hodell.
(b) Nina Voss.
(c) Brenda Hainey.
(d) Mary Allen.
9. Who is Leonard Mapes?
(a) The doctor performing Nina Voss' transplant.
(b) One of Abby's patients.
(c) The ambulance driver who delivered the heart for Josh O'Day.
(d) The doctor who delivers the donor heart for Nina Voss.
10. Why does Aleksei go back into Uncle Misha's flat after Nadiya leads the boys outside?
(a) To say goodbye to Uncle Misha.
(b) To go to the bathroom.
(c) To get his favorite book.
(d) To get his stuffed animal.
11. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
(a) A patient at Bayside.
(b) A malpractice lawyer.
(c) President of Bayside Hospital.
(d) Abby's uncle.
12. Who does Mark suggest Vivien visit after her confrontation with Parr in Chapter 5?
(a) Josh O'Day.
(b) Vivien Chao.
(c) Joe Terrio.
(d) Nina Voss.
13. Why does Mark's competition end the race early in Chapter 10?
(a) He was called into the hospital.
(b) He got a call from his wife.
(c) He broke a line.
(d) He decided he could not win.
14. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
(a) Dr. Bill Archer and Dr. Colin Wettig.
(b) Dr. Aaron Levi and Victor Voss?
(c) Jeremiah Parr and Victor Voss.
(d) Mark and Dr. Bill Archer.
15. Why do the nurses applaud Abby in Chapter 6?
(a) They like her singing.
(b) They like that she got a heart for Josh O'Day.
(c) They like that she stood up to Parr.
(d) They are reacting to a joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Victor give Nina as a reason for the bad dreams she is having?
2. What is NEOB?
3. What is a direct donation?
4. Who are Nadiya and Gregor?
5. Why is Abby afraid to go to work in the opening pages of Chapter 6?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)