|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is first to jump to Abby's defense in Chapter 5 after she takes Karen Terrio to Mass Gen for transplant into Josh O'Day?
(a) Vivien Chao.
(b) Mark Hodell.
(c) Bill Archer.
(d) Colin Wettig.
2. Who arrives late at Dr. Archer's for the party in Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Mark Hodell.
(b) Dr. Raj Mohandas and his wife, Alain.
(c) Dr. Aaron Levi and his wife, Elaine.
(d) Dr. Colin Wettig.
3. How does Abby feel about riding on Mark's sailboat in Chapter 10?
(a) She wants to pilot it.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She wants to sail to Europe on it.
(d) She is seasick the whole time.
4. What is a direct donation?
(a) A patient's family chooses who should get their loved one's organs.
(b) When a patient decides who should get his stuff if he dies.
(c) When a doctor chooses who should get a patient's organs.
(d) When you take an item to be donated directly to the donation site.
5. How many women, aside from Abby, are part of the medical staff attending a party at Dr. Archer's in Chapter 3?
6. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
(a) Policy prevents him from selling beer to minors.
(b) Rules prevent him from selling beer to someone who is intoxicated.
(c) He does not have beer.
(d) He does not have enough money.
7. Who does Mark suggest Vivien visit after her confrontation with Parr in Chapter 5?
(a) Joe Terrio.
(b) Josh O'Day.
(c) Vivien Chao.
(d) Nina Voss.
8. What deformity does Yakov reveal he has?
(a) A cataract.
(b) A missing hand.
(c) A club foot.
(d) A missing foot.
9. In Chapter 7, where does Yakov learn the ship is headed?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
10. Which doctor does Abby speak to over the phone regarding the patient with post-op fever in Chapter 8?
(a) Bill Archer.
(b) Ivan Tarasoff.
(c) Colin Wettig.
(d) Aaron Levi.
11. How does Vince Lawry cause the accident that injures Karen Terrio?
(a) He forces her into a ditch.
(b) He cross lanes of traffic.
(c) He drives the wrong way on the highway.
(d) He stalls out in front of her.
12. What illness impacts the boys in Nadiya's charge as they travel to America in Chapter 7?
(d) Food poisoning.
13. What is MICU?
(a) Modern Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Master Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Myopathic Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Medical Intensive Care Unit.
14. Why is Abby afraid to go to work in the opening pages of Chapter 6?
(a) She is afraid of facing Nina Voss.
(b) She is afraid one of her patients is dying.
(c) She is afraid of facing Dr. Wettig.
(d) She is afraid she will be fired.
15. What is the name of Mark's sailboat?
(a) Gimme Help.
(b) Gimme More.
(c) Gimme Shelter.
(d) Gimme Kindness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
2. What emotional things does Yakov tell the captain of the ship he does not do in in Chapter 7?
3. What does Abby find on the x-ray of the post-op fever patient's chest in Chapter 8?
4. Where did Nina Voss meet her husband Victor as discussed in Chapter 3?
5. Where is Yakov from?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)