|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What oil painting in Dr. Archer's inner sanctum does Abby find herself studying in Chapter 3?
(a) da Vinci's Last Supper.
(b) Painting of Dr. Salk.
(c) Battle between Death and Physician.
(d) da Vinci's Vitruvian Man.
2. What reason does Abby believe the hospital decided to give Karen Terrio's heart to Nina Voss over Josh O'Day?
3. What emotional things does Yakov tell the captain of the ship he does not do in in Chapter 7?
(a) Laugh or grow angry.
(b) Laugh or brood.
(c) Cry and grow angry.
(d) Laugh or cry.
4. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
(a) A patient at Bayside.
(b) A malpractice lawyer.
(c) Abby's uncle.
(d) President of Bayside Hospital.
5. In Chapter 8, who does Abby see in her dreams?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her father.
6. What does Abby find in her car when she leaves the hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) A new necklace.
(b) A box of medical books.
(c) Dog feces.
(d) Pig intestines and a heart.
7. Whose body do Mark and Abby learn was found in the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Aaron Levi.
(b) Bill Archer.
(c) Colin Wettig.
(d) Ivan Tarasoff.
8. What does Dr. Abby DiMatteo believes is causing Karen Terrio's unresponsiveness?
(a) A broken skull.
(b) Brain swelling.
(c) Brain contusion.
(d) A midbrain hemorrhage.
9. In Chapter 8, what does Victor give Nina as a reason for the bad dreams she is having?
(a) The long stay in the hospital.
(b) The steroids she is receiving.
(c) The soul of the young boy whose heart she has.
(d) The anti-rejection medication she is taking.
10. What is NEOB?
(a) New England Orange Band.
(b) New England Organ Bank.
(c) New Edge Oregon Bank.
(d) No End Originates Below.
11. In Chapter 7, how many times does the engineer tell Yakov he has been to America?
(a) Three times.
12. What is MICU?
(a) Master Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Myopathic Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Medical Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Modern Intensive Care Unit.
13. Where is Yakov from?
14. Who does Mark suggest Vivien visit after her confrontation with Parr in Chapter 5?
(a) Joe Terrio.
(b) Vivien Chao.
(c) Josh O'Day.
(d) Nina Voss.
15. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The deck.
(b) The engine room.
(c) The navigator's quarters.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abby learn V stands for in VMI?
2. Where did Nina Voss meet her husband Victor as discussed in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Nina want to know about the boy who donated a heart to her?
4. Why does Aleksei go back into Uncle Misha's flat after Nadiya leads the boys outside?
5. Who is first to jump to Abby's defense in Chapter 5 after she takes Karen Terrio to Mass Gen for transplant into Josh O'Day?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)