|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
(a) President of Bayside Hospital.
(b) A malpractice lawyer.
(c) Abby's uncle.
(d) A patient at Bayside.
2. What does Abby notice in Chapter 6 about the heart being donated to Nina Voss?
(a) It is diseased.
(b) It is small.
(c) It is misshapen.
(d) It is large.
3. What does Nina Voss overhear her husband saying to the doctors in Chapter 3?
(a) She needs to die faster.
(b) She is too young to die.
(c) She needs a new heart at any cost.
(d) She is costing him too much money with her illness.
4. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
(a) Policy prevents him from selling beer to minors.
(b) He does not have enough money.
(c) He does not have beer.
(d) Rules prevent him from selling beer to someone who is intoxicated.
5. Where does Nina Voss say some people believe the soul is?
(a) The stomach.
(b) The heart.
(c) The liver.
(d) The brain.
6. What does Vivien tell Abby when she suggests she take some of the blame for the Josh O'Day drama?
(a) Vivien tells her to forget about it all and just focus on the future.
(b) Vivien tells her no one should take blame.
(c) Vivien tells her she ought to take some blame.
(d) Vivien insists someone has to stand up for the Josh O'Days at Bayside.
7. Who arrives late at Dr. Archer's for the party in Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Aaron Levi and his wife, Elaine.
(b) Dr. Raj Mohandas and his wife, Alain.
(c) Dr. Mark Hodell.
(d) Dr. Colin Wettig.
8. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
(a) Dr. Aaron Levi and Victor Voss?
(b) Mark and Dr. Bill Archer.
(c) Jeremiah Parr and Victor Voss.
(d) Dr. Bill Archer and Dr. Colin Wettig.
9. Where is Yakov from?
10. Why does Aleksei go back into Uncle Misha's flat after Nadiya leads the boys outside?
(a) To go to the bathroom.
(b) To say goodbye to Uncle Misha.
(c) To get his stuffed animal.
(d) To get his favorite book.
11. In Chapter 7, how many times does the engineer tell Yakov he has been to America?
(c) Three times.
12. What is Yakov's favorite place on ship as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The bridge.
(b) The engine room.
(c) The deck.
(d) The kitchen.
13. How much does Gregor offer to Uncle Misha in order to buy the boys from him?
(a) Fifty thousand dollars.
(b) Ten thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Twenty thousand dollars.
14. What is NEOB?
(a) No End Originates Below.
(b) New England Organ Bank.
(c) New England Orange Band.
(d) New Edge Oregon Bank.
15. Why does Karen Terrio tell the reader she is driving in the middle of the night?
(a) Returning home from her Aunt Dorothy's funeral.
(b) Returning from a two week vacation.
(c) Going home from work.
(d) Going home from a business trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abby learn V stands for in VMI?
2. Why does Karen decide not to pull over and sleep despite her exhaustion?
3. How does Vince Lawry cause the accident that injures Karen Terrio?
4. What topic does Abby suggest all doctors are afraid to discuss, as stated in Chapter 4?
5. Why do the nurses applaud Abby in Chapter 6?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)