|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mark's competition end the race early in Chapter 10?
(a) He decided he could not win.
(b) He broke a line.
(c) He got a call from his wife.
(d) He was called into the hospital.
2. Why is Abby afraid to go to work in the opening pages of Chapter 6?
(a) She is afraid of facing Dr. Wettig.
(b) She is afraid she will be fired.
(c) She is afraid of facing Nina Voss.
(d) She is afraid one of her patients is dying.
3. In Chapter 7, from what port does the reader learn the freight ship is traveling?
4. Why do the nurses applaud Abby in Chapter 6?
(a) They like that she stood up to Parr.
(b) They like her singing.
(c) They are reacting to a joke.
(d) They like that she got a heart for Josh O'Day.
5. How much does Gregor offer to Uncle Misha in order to buy the boys from him?
(a) Ten thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Twenty thousand dollars.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
6. Who is Mark racing on his sailboat in Chapter 10?
(a) Bill Archer.
(b) Jeremiah Parr.
(c) Raj Mohandas.
(d) Aaron Levi.
7. What is Yakov's favorite place on ship as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The engine room.
(b) The deck.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bridge.
8. What does Dr. Abby DiMatteo believes is causing Karen Terrio's unresponsiveness?
(a) A midbrain hemorrhage.
(b) A broken skull.
(c) Brain swelling.
(d) Brain contusion.
9. Who arrives late at Dr. Archer's for the party in Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Aaron Levi and his wife, Elaine.
(b) Dr. Raj Mohandas and his wife, Alain.
(c) Dr. Mark Hodell.
(d) Dr. Colin Wettig.
10. Where does Abby suggest the post-op fever is coming from in her patient in Chapter 9?
(a) An impacted tooth.
(b) The surgical site.
(c) An infection.
(d) The donated heart.
11. In Chapter 8, what does Nina want to know about the boy who donated a heart to her?
(a) What race he was.
(b) What economic background he had.
(c) What caused his death.
(d) Who he was, who is family is.
12. Why does Joe Terrio initially refuse to sign the forms to allow his wife's organs to be harvested?
(a) He wants a second opinion.
(b) He does not want her organs donated.
(c) He wants her to die naturally.
(d) He believes she will recover.
13. How many women, aside from Abby, are part of the medical staff attending a party at Dr. Archer's in Chapter 3?
14. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
(a) Abby's uncle.
(b) A patient at Bayside.
(c) President of Bayside Hospital.
(d) A malpractice lawyer.
15. What is the name of the sailboat Mark is racing in Chapter 10?
(a) Red Blood.
(b) Red Current.
(c) Red Eye.
(d) Red Moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Allen say to Abby when she visits her in the SICU in Chapter 6?
2. What does Vivien tell Abby when she suggests she take some of the blame for the Josh O'Day drama?
3. Who is Mark Hodell?
4. What is the main topic of conversation between the men at Dr. Archer's party in Chapter 3?
5. What does Abby notice in Chapter 6 about the heart being donated to Nina Voss?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)