|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
(a) Jeremiah Parr and Victor Voss.
(b) Mark and Dr. Bill Archer.
(c) Dr. Bill Archer and Dr. Colin Wettig.
(d) Dr. Aaron Levi and Victor Voss?
2. Why does Karen decide not to pull over and sleep despite her exhaustion?
(a) She has to be at work in the morning.
(b) She is too close to stop.
(c) Tomorrow is her birthday.
(d) Tomorrow is her daughter's birthday.
3. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
(a) Rules prevent him from selling beer to someone who is intoxicated.
(b) He does not have beer.
(c) Policy prevents him from selling beer to minors.
(d) He does not have enough money.
4. Who convinces Joe Terrio at the end of Chapter 5 that mistakes were done in his wife's care at Bayside?
(a) Stewart Sussman, a lawyer.
(b) Victor Voss, Nina's husband.
(c) Josh O'Day's parents.
(d) Dr. Bill Archer.
5. What is the name of the sailboat Mark is racing in Chapter 10?
(a) Red Current.
(b) Red Moon.
(c) Red Blood.
(d) Red Eye.
6. What oil painting in Dr. Archer's inner sanctum does Abby find herself studying in Chapter 3?
(a) Battle between Death and Physician.
(b) Painting of Dr. Salk.
(c) da Vinci's Vitruvian Man.
(d) da Vinci's Last Supper.
7. Where did Nina Voss meet her husband Victor as discussed in Chapter 3?
8. How does Vince Lawry cause the accident that injures Karen Terrio?
(a) He cross lanes of traffic.
(b) He drives the wrong way on the highway.
(c) He stalls out in front of her.
(d) He forces her into a ditch.
9. What deformity does Yakov reveal he has?
(a) A missing foot.
(b) A missing hand.
(c) A club foot.
(d) A cataract.
10. What emotional things does Yakov tell the captain of the ship he does not do in in Chapter 7?
(a) Cry and grow angry.
(b) Laugh or cry.
(c) Laugh or grow angry.
(d) Laugh or brood.
11. Who is Mark racing on his sailboat in Chapter 10?
(a) Bill Archer.
(b) Jeremiah Parr.
(c) Aaron Levi.
(d) Raj Mohandas.
12. In Chapter 7, from what port does the reader learn the freight ship is traveling?
13. Who does Mark suggest Vivien visit after her confrontation with Parr in Chapter 5?
(a) Joe Terrio.
(b) Josh O'Day.
(c) Nina Voss.
(d) Vivien Chao.
14. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The navigator's quarters.
(b) The deck.
(c) The engine room.
(d) The kitchen.
15. What does Abby notice in Chapter 6 about the heart being donated to Nina Voss?
(a) It is large.
(b) It is misshapen.
(c) It is diseased.
(d) It is small.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yakov's favorite place on ship as described in Chapter 7?
2. With whom does Vivien Chao argue Josh O'Day's need for the heart intended for Nina Voss?
3. What does Mary Allen say to Abby when she visits her in the SICU in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Karen Terrio tell the reader she is driving in the middle of the night?
5. Where did Abby first meet Mr. Parr as discussed in Chapter 5?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)