|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Nadiya and Gregor?
(a) Yakov's aunt and uncle.
(b) The parents who have come to adopt Yakov and his three siblings.
(c) Friends of Uncle Misha.
(d) Strangers who have come to take the boys and get them adopted in America.
2. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The deck.
(b) The navigator's quarters.
(c) The engine room.
(d) The kitchen.
3. What illness impacts the boys in Nadiya's charge as they travel to America in Chapter 7?
(d) Food poisoning.
4. In Chapter 8, who does Abby see in her dreams?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her father.
5. Who arrives late at Dr. Archer's for the party in Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Colin Wettig.
(b) Dr. Raj Mohandas and his wife, Alain.
(c) Dr. Aaron Levi and his wife, Elaine.
(d) Dr. Mark Hodell.
6. Why does Victor Voss go to Jeremiah Parr in Chapter 6 and insist that Abby be fired?
(a) She stole the heart intended for his wife.
(b) She parked in his parking spot.
(c) She is a bad doctor.
(d) She killed another patient.
7. Why does Karen Terrio tell the reader she is driving in the middle of the night?
(a) Returning home from her Aunt Dorothy's funeral.
(b) Returning from a two week vacation.
(c) Going home from work.
(d) Going home from a business trip.
8. Why does Karen decide not to pull over and sleep despite her exhaustion?
(a) Tomorrow is her birthday.
(b) She has to be at work in the morning.
(c) Tomorrow is her daughter's birthday.
(d) She is too close to stop.
9. What what caused the death of the family member Abby sees in her dreams in Chapter 8?
(a) Hit by a car.
(b) Diabetes complications.
(c) Heart attack.
10. What is the name of Mark's sailboat?
(a) Gimme More.
(b) Gimme Shelter.
(c) Gimme Kindness.
(d) Gimme Help.
11. What is the name of the sailboat Mark is racing in Chapter 10?
(a) Red Eye.
(b) Red Current.
(c) Red Blood.
(d) Red Moon.
12. Why does Mark's competition end the race early in Chapter 10?
(a) He got a call from his wife.
(b) He broke a line.
(c) He decided he could not win.
(d) He was called into the hospital.
13. What does Mary Allen say to Abby when she visits her in the SICU in Chapter 6?
(a) That she does not want morphine.
(b) That she would like to die.
(c) That she wants to go home.
(d) That she does not want treatment.
14. What does Vivien tell Abby when she suggests she take some of the blame for the Josh O'Day drama?
(a) Vivien tells her to forget about it all and just focus on the future.
(b) Vivien tells her she ought to take some blame.
(c) Vivien insists someone has to stand up for the Josh O'Days at Bayside.
(d) Vivien tells her no one should take blame.
15. Who is the surgeon at Mass Gen who will perform Josh O'Day's transplant?
(a) Dr. Mark Hodell.
(b) Dr. Ivan Tarasoff.
(c) Dr. Bill Archer.
(d) Dr. Nicholas Chance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Josh O'Day?
2. What does Abby learn V stands for in VMI?
3. In Chapter 7, where does Yakov learn the ship is headed?
4. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
5. What is Yakov's favorite place on ship as described in Chapter 7?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)