|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main topic of conversation between the men at Dr. Archer's party in Chapter 3?
(b) Money and investments.
2. What does Mary Allen say to Abby when she visits her in the SICU in Chapter 6?
(a) That she would like to die.
(b) That she wants to go home.
(c) That she does not want morphine.
(d) That she does not want treatment.
3. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
(a) He does not have beer.
(b) Rules prevent him from selling beer to someone who is intoxicated.
(c) Policy prevents him from selling beer to minors.
(d) He does not have enough money.
4. Who does Abby tell Vivien she believes is behind the law suits and the present left in her car?
(a) Bill Archer.
(b) Vincent Voss.
(c) Mark Hodell.
(d) Jeremiah Parr.
5. Where did Abby first meet Mr. Parr as discussed in Chapter 5?
(a) A party in college.
(b) At a disposition for a law suit.
(c) On a visit to her father's house.
(d) A welcoming picnic for new house staff.
6. What does Vivien tell Abby when she suggests she take some of the blame for the Josh O'Day drama?
(a) Vivien insists someone has to stand up for the Josh O'Days at Bayside.
(b) Vivien tells her to forget about it all and just focus on the future.
(c) Vivien tells her she ought to take some blame.
(d) Vivien tells her no one should take blame.
7. What does Abby find in her car when she leaves the hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) A box of medical books.
(b) Dog feces.
(c) A new necklace.
(d) Pig intestines and a heart.
8. What does Abby notice in Chapter 6 about the heart being donated to Nina Voss?
(a) It is diseased.
(b) It is large.
(c) It is misshapen.
(d) It is small.
9. To whose room is Abby called in Chapter 8?
(a) Mark Hodell.
(b) Brenda Hainey.
(c) Nina Voss.
(d) Mary Allen.
10. Who is the surgeon at Mass Gen who will perform Josh O'Day's transplant?
(a) Dr. Mark Hodell.
(b) Dr. Ivan Tarasoff.
(c) Dr. Nicholas Chance.
(d) Dr. Bill Archer.
11. What one requirement is Abby told the transplant team is looking for in a new recruit?
(c) Good surgical skills.
(d) Loyalty to the patient.
12. In Chapter 8, what does Victor give Nina as a reason for the bad dreams she is having?
(a) The long stay in the hospital.
(b) The soul of the young boy whose heart she has.
(c) The anti-rejection medication she is taking.
(d) The steroids she is receiving.
13. Who is Mark racing on his sailboat in Chapter 10?
(a) Jeremiah Parr.
(b) Aaron Levi.
(c) Bill Archer.
(d) Raj Mohandas.
14. Why is Abby afraid to go to work in the opening pages of Chapter 6?
(a) She is afraid of facing Dr. Wettig.
(b) She is afraid one of her patients is dying.
(c) She is afraid of facing Nina Voss.
(d) She is afraid she will be fired.
15. How many women, aside from Abby, are part of the medical staff attending a party at Dr. Archer's in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotional things does Yakov tell the captain of the ship he does not do in in Chapter 7?
2. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
3. What is NEOB?
4. How does Abby feel about riding on Mark's sailboat in Chapter 10?
5. What reason does Abby believe the hospital decided to give Karen Terrio's heart to Nina Voss over Josh O'Day?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)