|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is first to jump to Abby's defense in Chapter 5 after she takes Karen Terrio to Mass Gen for transplant into Josh O'Day?
(a) Mark Hodell.
(b) Colin Wettig.
(c) Vivien Chao.
(d) Bill Archer.
2. How much does Gregor offer to Uncle Misha in order to buy the boys from him?
(a) Fifty thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Twenty thousand dollars.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
3. Why does Karen decide not to pull over and sleep despite her exhaustion?
(a) She is too close to stop.
(b) She has to be at work in the morning.
(c) Tomorrow is her daughter's birthday.
(d) Tomorrow is her birthday.
4. What mineral do the doctors inject into Karen Terrio's heart to stop it from beating in Chapter 4?
5. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
(a) Rules prevent him from selling beer to someone who is intoxicated.
(b) He does not have beer.
(c) He does not have enough money.
(d) Policy prevents him from selling beer to minors.
6. What topic does Abby suggest all doctors are afraid to discuss, as stated in Chapter 4?
7. What does Mary Allen say to Abby when she visits her in the SICU in Chapter 6?
(a) That she wants to go home.
(b) That she does not want treatment.
(c) That she would like to die.
(d) That she does not want morphine.
8. What does Abby find on the x-ray of the post-op fever patient's chest in Chapter 8?
(a) An enlarged heart.
(b) Nodules in the lungs.
9. How does Vince Lawry cause the accident that injures Karen Terrio?
(a) He cross lanes of traffic.
(b) He stalls out in front of her.
(c) He forces her into a ditch.
(d) He drives the wrong way on the highway.
10. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
(a) Jeremiah Parr and Victor Voss.
(b) Dr. Aaron Levi and Victor Voss?
(c) Mark and Dr. Bill Archer.
(d) Dr. Bill Archer and Dr. Colin Wettig.
11. Who is the surgeon at Mass Gen who will perform Josh O'Day's transplant?
(a) Dr. Bill Archer.
(b) Dr. Nicholas Chance.
(c) Dr. Ivan Tarasoff.
(d) Dr. Mark Hodell.
12. Where did Abby first meet Mr. Parr as discussed in Chapter 5?
(a) A welcoming picnic for new house staff.
(b) A party in college.
(c) On a visit to her father's house.
(d) At a disposition for a law suit.
13. Who is Mark Hodell?
(a) A surgeon at Bayside and Abby's boyfriend.
(b) The president of Bayside and Abby's boyfriend.
(c) A surgeon at Mass Gen and Abby's boyfriend.
(d) An internist at Bayside and Abby's boyfriend.
14. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
(a) A malpractice lawyer.
(b) Abby's uncle.
(c) A patient at Bayside.
(d) President of Bayside Hospital.
15. What reason does Abby believe the hospital decided to give Karen Terrio's heart to Nina Voss over Josh O'Day?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Abby afraid to go to work in the opening pages of Chapter 6?
2. What deformity does Yakov reveal he has?
3. Where is Yakov from?
4. Why does Joe Terrio initially refuse to sign the forms to allow his wife's organs to be harvested?
5. In Chapter 7, how many times does the engineer tell Yakov he has been to America?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)