|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Karen Terrio tell the reader she is driving in the middle of the night?
(a) Returning from a two week vacation.
(b) Going home from work.
(c) Returning home from her Aunt Dorothy's funeral.
(d) Going home from a business trip.
2. What does Dr. Abby DiMatteo believes is causing Karen Terrio's unresponsiveness?
(a) Brain contusion.
(b) A midbrain hemorrhage.
(c) Brain swelling.
(d) A broken skull.
3. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
(a) Dr. Bill Archer and Dr. Colin Wettig.
(b) Jeremiah Parr and Victor Voss.
(c) Dr. Aaron Levi and Victor Voss?
(d) Mark and Dr. Bill Archer.
4. What is a direct donation?
(a) When a patient decides who should get his stuff if he dies.
(b) A patient's family chooses who should get their loved one's organs.
(c) When a doctor chooses who should get a patient's organs.
(d) When you take an item to be donated directly to the donation site.
5. In Chapter 7, where does Yakov learn the ship is headed?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
6. Where did Abby first meet Mr. Parr as discussed in Chapter 5?
(a) At a disposition for a law suit.
(b) On a visit to her father's house.
(c) A welcoming picnic for new house staff.
(d) A party in college.
7. What is MICU?
(a) Modern Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Medical Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Myopathic Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Master Intensive Care Unit.
8. How does Vince Lawry cause the accident that injures Karen Terrio?
(a) He drives the wrong way on the highway.
(b) He forces her into a ditch.
(c) He stalls out in front of her.
(d) He cross lanes of traffic.
9. Who is Leonard Mapes?
(a) The doctor who delivers the donor heart for Nina Voss.
(b) One of Abby's patients.
(c) The ambulance driver who delivered the heart for Josh O'Day.
(d) The doctor performing Nina Voss' transplant.
10. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
(a) He does not have beer.
(b) Rules prevent him from selling beer to someone who is intoxicated.
(c) He does not have enough money.
(d) Policy prevents him from selling beer to minors.
11. To whose room is Abby called in Chapter 8?
(a) Mark Hodell.
(b) Brenda Hainey.
(c) Nina Voss.
(d) Mary Allen.
12. Which doctor does Abby speak to over the phone regarding the patient with post-op fever in Chapter 8?
(a) Colin Wettig.
(b) Ivan Tarasoff.
(c) Aaron Levi.
(d) Bill Archer.
13. How does Abby feel about riding on Mark's sailboat in Chapter 10?
(a) She wants to pilot it.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She is seasick the whole time.
(d) She wants to sail to Europe on it.
14. Who is Mark racing on his sailboat in Chapter 10?
(a) Aaron Levi.
(b) Bill Archer.
(c) Raj Mohandas.
(d) Jeremiah Parr.
15. Where does Abby suggest the post-op fever is coming from in her patient in Chapter 9?
(a) The donated heart.
(b) An infection.
(c) An impacted tooth.
(d) The surgical site.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how many times does the engineer tell Yakov he has been to America?
2. In Chapter 7, from what port does the reader learn the freight ship is traveling?
3. With whom does Vivien Chao argue Josh O'Day's need for the heart intended for Nina Voss?
4. What what caused the death of the family member Abby sees in her dreams in Chapter 8?
5. How many women, aside from Abby, are part of the medical staff attending a party at Dr. Archer's in Chapter 3?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)