|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one requirement is Abby told the transplant team is looking for in a new recruit?
(a) Loyalty to the patient.
(d) Good surgical skills.
2. Where did Nina Voss meet her husband Victor as discussed in Chapter 3?
3. Where does Abby suggest the post-op fever is coming from in her patient in Chapter 9?
(a) An impacted tooth.
(b) The donated heart.
(c) The surgical site.
(d) An infection.
4. What is the name of Mark's sailboat?
(a) Gimme Shelter.
(b) Gimme Kindness.
(c) Gimme Help.
(d) Gimme More.
5. Why do the nurses applaud Abby in Chapter 6?
(a) They like her singing.
(b) They are reacting to a joke.
(c) They like that she got a heart for Josh O'Day.
(d) They like that she stood up to Parr.
6. Why does Joe Terrio initially refuse to sign the forms to allow his wife's organs to be harvested?
(a) He believes she will recover.
(b) He wants a second opinion.
(c) He wants her to die naturally.
(d) He does not want her organs donated.
7. How many women, aside from Abby, are part of the medical staff attending a party at Dr. Archer's in Chapter 3?
8. What does Mary Allen say to Abby when she visits her in the SICU in Chapter 6?
(a) That she wants to go home.
(b) That she does not want morphine.
(c) That she does not want treatment.
(d) That she would like to die.
9. Why does Karen Terrio tell the reader she is driving in the middle of the night?
(a) Going home from a business trip.
(b) Returning home from her Aunt Dorothy's funeral.
(c) Returning from a two week vacation.
(d) Going home from work.
10. In Chapter 8, what does Victor give Nina as a reason for the bad dreams she is having?
(a) The anti-rejection medication she is taking.
(b) The steroids she is receiving.
(c) The soul of the young boy whose heart she has.
(d) The long stay in the hospital.
11. What emotional things does Yakov tell the captain of the ship he does not do in in Chapter 7?
(a) Laugh or cry.
(b) Cry and grow angry.
(c) Laugh or grow angry.
(d) Laugh or brood.
12. How many doctors are named in the lawsuit regarding the death of Karen Terrio as discussed in Chapter 6?
13. Whose body do Mark and Abby learn was found in the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Aaron Levi.
(b) Bill Archer.
(c) Ivan Tarasoff.
(d) Colin Wettig.
14. Who is Leonard Mapes?
(a) The doctor who delivers the donor heart for Nina Voss.
(b) The ambulance driver who delivered the heart for Josh O'Day.
(c) One of Abby's patients.
(d) The doctor performing Nina Voss' transplant.
15. Who is Mark racing on his sailboat in Chapter 10?
(a) Jeremiah Parr.
(b) Aaron Levi.
(c) Bill Archer.
(d) Raj Mohandas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aleksei go back into Uncle Misha's flat after Nadiya leads the boys outside?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Nina want to know about the boy who donated a heart to her?
3. How does Vince Lawry cause the accident that injures Karen Terrio?
4. What company does Yakov learn owns the ship in which he is traveling?
5. What topic does Abby suggest all doctors are afraid to discuss, as stated in Chapter 4?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)