|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women, aside from Abby, are part of the medical staff attending a party at Dr. Archer's in Chapter 3?
2. What topic does Abby suggest all doctors are afraid to discuss, as stated in Chapter 4?
3. What does SICU stand for?
(a) Spinal Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Special Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Second Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Surgical Intensive Care Unit.
4. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The deck.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The navigator's quarters.
(d) The engine room.
5. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
(a) He does not have beer.
(b) Rules prevent him from selling beer to someone who is intoxicated.
(c) Policy prevents him from selling beer to minors.
(d) He does not have enough money.
6. What does Abby find on the x-ray of the post-op fever patient's chest in Chapter 8?
(a) An enlarged heart.
(c) Nodules in the lungs.
7. To whose room is Abby called in Chapter 8?
(a) Mark Hodell.
(b) Mary Allen.
(c) Nina Voss.
(d) Brenda Hainey.
8. Who is first to jump to Abby's defense in Chapter 5 after she takes Karen Terrio to Mass Gen for transplant into Josh O'Day?
(a) Vivien Chao.
(b) Mark Hodell.
(c) Colin Wettig.
(d) Bill Archer.
9. What occupation does Yakov wish he was allowed to participate in?
(a) Pick pocketing.
(d) Fast Food.
10. Who does Mark suggest Vivien visit after her confrontation with Parr in Chapter 5?
(a) Joe Terrio.
(b) Josh O'Day.
(c) Vivien Chao.
(d) Nina Voss.
11. Who is the surgeon at Mass Gen who will perform Josh O'Day's transplant?
(a) Dr. Ivan Tarasoff.
(b) Dr. Bill Archer.
(c) Dr. Nicholas Chance.
(d) Dr. Mark Hodell.
12. In Chapter 8, what does Nina want to know about the boy who donated a heart to her?
(a) What caused his death.
(b) Who he was, who is family is.
(c) What race he was.
(d) What economic background he had.
13. With whom does Vivien Chao argue Josh O'Day's need for the heart intended for Nina Voss?
(a) Dr. Bill Archer.
(b) Dr. Colin Wettig.
(c) Dr. Aaron Levi.
(d) Dr. Mark Hodell.
14. What is the name of Mark's sailboat?
(a) Gimme Kindness.
(b) Gimme More.
(c) Gimme Shelter.
(d) Gimme Help.
15. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
(a) A malpractice lawyer.
(b) Abby's uncle.
(c) President of Bayside Hospital.
(d) A patient at Bayside.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nina Voss meet her husband Victor as discussed in Chapter 3?
2. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
3. What does Abby notice in Chapter 6 about the heart being donated to Nina Voss?
4. What does Dr. Abby DiMatteo believes is causing Karen Terrio's unresponsiveness?
5. What reason does Abby believe the hospital decided to give Karen Terrio's heart to Nina Voss over Josh O'Day?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)