|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many doctors are named in the lawsuit regarding the death of Karen Terrio as discussed in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Mark's competition end the race early in Chapter 10?
(a) He was called into the hospital.
(b) He decided he could not win.
(c) He got a call from his wife.
(d) He broke a line.
3. Why does Victor Voss go to Jeremiah Parr in Chapter 6 and insist that Abby be fired?
(a) She stole the heart intended for his wife.
(b) She killed another patient.
(c) She is a bad doctor.
(d) She parked in his parking spot.
4. Which doctor does Abby speak to over the phone regarding the patient with post-op fever in Chapter 8?
(a) Bill Archer.
(b) Colin Wettig.
(c) Ivan Tarasoff.
(d) Aaron Levi.
5. Who is the surgeon at Mass Gen who will perform Josh O'Day's transplant?
(a) Dr. Mark Hodell.
(b) Dr. Bill Archer.
(c) Dr. Nicholas Chance.
(d) Dr. Ivan Tarasoff.
6. What emotional things does Yakov tell the captain of the ship he does not do in in Chapter 7?
(a) Cry and grow angry.
(b) Laugh or brood.
(c) Laugh or cry.
(d) Laugh or grow angry.
7. What is a direct donation?
(a) When a doctor chooses who should get a patient's organs.
(b) When a patient decides who should get his stuff if he dies.
(c) A patient's family chooses who should get their loved one's organs.
(d) When you take an item to be donated directly to the donation site.
8. Who are Nadiya and Gregor?
(a) Yakov's aunt and uncle.
(b) Friends of Uncle Misha.
(c) Strangers who have come to take the boys and get them adopted in America.
(d) The parents who have come to adopt Yakov and his three siblings.
9. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
(a) A patient at Bayside.
(b) A malpractice lawyer.
(c) President of Bayside Hospital.
(d) Abby's uncle.
10. Why does Karen Terrio tell the reader she is driving in the middle of the night?
(a) Going home from work.
(b) Returning home from her Aunt Dorothy's funeral.
(c) Going home from a business trip.
(d) Returning from a two week vacation.
11. What is the main topic of conversation between the men at Dr. Archer's party in Chapter 3?
(d) Money and investments.
12. What is MICU?
(a) Myopathic Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Medical Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Master Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Modern Intensive Care Unit.
13. What is the name of Mark's sailboat?
(a) Gimme Shelter.
(b) Gimme Help.
(c) Gimme Kindness.
(d) Gimme More.
14. What what caused the death of the family member Abby sees in her dreams in Chapter 8?
(a) Hit by a car.
(b) Heart attack.
(d) Diabetes complications.
15. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The engine room.
(b) The navigator's quarters.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The deck.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, from what port does the reader learn the freight ship is traveling?
2. What is Yakov's favorite place on ship as described in Chapter 7?
3. How does Mark decide to treat the post-op fever in Chapter 9?
4. What is NEOB?
5. What deformity does Yakov reveal he has?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)