|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who convinces Joe Terrio at the end of Chapter 5 that mistakes were done in his wife's care at Bayside?
(a) Stewart Sussman, a lawyer.
(b) Dr. Bill Archer.
(c) Josh O'Day's parents.
(d) Victor Voss, Nina's husband.
2. Where does Nina Voss say some people believe the soul is?
(a) The liver.
(b) The brain.
(c) The heart.
(d) The stomach.
3. How many doctors are named in the lawsuit regarding the death of Karen Terrio as discussed in Chapter 6?
4. Who does Abby tell Vivien she believes is behind the law suits and the present left in her car?
(a) Jeremiah Parr.
(b) Bill Archer.
(c) Mark Hodell.
(d) Vincent Voss.
5. How many women, aside from Abby, are part of the medical staff attending a party at Dr. Archer's in Chapter 3?
6. What company does Yakov learn owns the ship in which he is traveling?
(a) Sigayev Company.
(b) Atlantis Insurance Company.
(c) Alexsei Incorporated.
(d) Allied Medical.
7. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
(a) Policy prevents him from selling beer to minors.
(b) He does not have beer.
(c) Rules prevent him from selling beer to someone who is intoxicated.
(d) He does not have enough money.
8. How does Mark decide to treat the post-op fever in Chapter 9?
(a) Another surgery.
(c) A wait and see approach.
(d) Broad spectrum antibiotics.
9. What oil painting in Dr. Archer's inner sanctum does Abby find herself studying in Chapter 3?
(a) Painting of Dr. Salk.
(b) da Vinci's Vitruvian Man.
(c) Battle between Death and Physician.
(d) da Vinci's Last Supper.
10. What is a direct donation?
(a) A patient's family chooses who should get their loved one's organs.
(b) When you take an item to be donated directly to the donation site.
(c) When a patient decides who should get his stuff if he dies.
(d) When a doctor chooses who should get a patient's organs.
11. In Chapter 7, from what port does the reader learn the freight ship is traveling?
12. What deformity does Yakov reveal he has?
(a) A missing hand.
(b) A missing foot.
(c) A club foot.
(d) A cataract.
13. Where is Yakov from?
14. Why does Victor Voss go to Jeremiah Parr in Chapter 6 and insist that Abby be fired?
(a) She parked in his parking spot.
(b) She is a bad doctor.
(c) She killed another patient.
(d) She stole the heart intended for his wife.
15. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The deck.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The navigator's quarters.
(d) The engine room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Allen say to Abby when she visits her in the SICU in Chapter 6?
2. What does Abby learn V stands for in VMI?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Nina want to know about the boy who donated a heart to her?
4. What occupation does Yakov wish he was allowed to participate in?
5. Why do the nurses applaud Abby in Chapter 6?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)