|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a direct donation?
(a) When a patient decides who should get his stuff if he dies.
(b) A patient's family chooses who should get their loved one's organs.
(c) When a doctor chooses who should get a patient's organs.
(d) When you take an item to be donated directly to the donation site.
2. Who arrives late at Dr. Archer's for the party in Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Mark Hodell.
(b) Dr. Raj Mohandas and his wife, Alain.
(c) Dr. Colin Wettig.
(d) Dr. Aaron Levi and his wife, Elaine.
3. What does Vivien tell Abby when she suggests she take some of the blame for the Josh O'Day drama?
(a) Vivien insists someone has to stand up for the Josh O'Days at Bayside.
(b) Vivien tells her no one should take blame.
(c) Vivien tells her she ought to take some blame.
(d) Vivien tells her to forget about it all and just focus on the future.
4. What occupation does Yakov wish he was allowed to participate in?
(a) Pick pocketing.
(d) Fast Food.
5. Why does Karen Terrio tell the reader she is driving in the middle of the night?
(a) Going home from a business trip.
(b) Going home from work.
(c) Returning home from her Aunt Dorothy's funeral.
(d) Returning from a two week vacation.
6. How old does Yakov claim he was when he began smoking?
7. In Chapter 7, where does Yakov learn the ship is headed?
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
8. What emotional things does Yakov tell the captain of the ship he does not do in in Chapter 7?
(a) Laugh or cry.
(b) Cry and grow angry.
(c) Laugh or grow angry.
(d) Laugh or brood.
9. What is MICU?
(a) Myopathic Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Master Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Modern Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Medical Intensive Care Unit.
10. How old is Josh O'Day?
11. What illness impacts the boys in Nadiya's charge as they travel to America in Chapter 7?
(a) Food poisoning.
12. Who is Mark racing on his sailboat in Chapter 10?
(a) Aaron Levi.
(b) Jeremiah Parr.
(c) Bill Archer.
(d) Raj Mohandas.
13. What deformity does Yakov reveal he has?
(a) A cataract.
(b) A missing hand.
(c) A club foot.
(d) A missing foot.
14. In Chapter 8, what does Victor give Nina as a reason for the bad dreams she is having?
(a) The soul of the young boy whose heart she has.
(b) The steroids she is receiving.
(c) The long stay in the hospital.
(d) The anti-rejection medication she is taking.
15. How many women, aside from Abby, are part of the medical staff attending a party at Dr. Archer's in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joe Terrio initially refuse to sign the forms to allow his wife's organs to be harvested?
2. Where did Abby first meet Mr. Parr as discussed in Chapter 5?
3. Who is Leonard Mapes?
4. Who is first to jump to Abby's defense in Chapter 5 after she takes Karen Terrio to Mass Gen for transplant into Josh O'Day?
5. What topic does Abby suggest all doctors are afraid to discuss, as stated in Chapter 4?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)