|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Victor Voss go to Jeremiah Parr in Chapter 6 and insist that Abby be fired?
(a) She parked in his parking spot.
(b) She killed another patient.
(c) She is a bad doctor.
(d) She stole the heart intended for his wife.
2. Who confronts Abby in the MICU in Chapter 5?
(a) Jeremiah Parr and Victor Voss.
(b) Mark and Dr. Bill Archer.
(c) Dr. Aaron Levi and Victor Voss?
(d) Dr. Bill Archer and Dr. Colin Wettig.
3. What is MICU?
(a) Master Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Medical Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Myopathic Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Modern Intensive Care Unit.
4. Where did Nina Voss meet her husband Victor as discussed in Chapter 3?
5. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
(a) Rules prevent him from selling beer to someone who is intoxicated.
(b) He does not have beer.
(c) He does not have enough money.
(d) Policy prevents him from selling beer to minors.
6. In Chapter 8, who does Abby see in her dreams?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
7. How many women, aside from Abby, are part of the medical staff attending a party at Dr. Archer's in Chapter 3?
8. Where does Nina Voss say some people believe the soul is?
(a) The brain.
(b) The liver.
(c) The stomach.
(d) The heart.
9. What does Dr. Abby DiMatteo believes is causing Karen Terrio's unresponsiveness?
(a) A midbrain hemorrhage.
(b) A broken skull.
(c) Brain swelling.
(d) Brain contusion.
10. What illness impacts the boys in Nadiya's charge as they travel to America in Chapter 7?
(c) Food poisoning.
11. Whose body do Mark and Abby learn was found in the end of Chapter 10?
(a) Aaron Levi.
(b) Colin Wettig.
(c) Ivan Tarasoff.
(d) Bill Archer.
12. Which doctor does Abby speak to over the phone regarding the patient with post-op fever in Chapter 8?
(a) Aaron Levi.
(b) Ivan Tarasoff.
(c) Bill Archer.
(d) Colin Wettig.
13. What occupation does Yakov wish he was allowed to participate in?
(c) Fast Food.
(d) Pick pocketing.
14. Why is Abby afraid to go to work in the opening pages of Chapter 6?
(a) She is afraid one of her patients is dying.
(b) She is afraid of facing Nina Voss.
(c) She is afraid of facing Dr. Wettig.
(d) She is afraid she will be fired.
15. How does Abby feel about riding on Mark's sailboat in Chapter 10?
(a) She wants to pilot it.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She wants to sail to Europe on it.
(d) She is seasick the whole time.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, from what port does the reader learn the freight ship is traveling?
2. Who does Mark suggest Vivien visit after her confrontation with Parr in Chapter 5?
3. Why does Joe Terrio initially refuse to sign the forms to allow his wife's organs to be harvested?
4. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
5. Why does Mark's competition end the race early in Chapter 10?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)