|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives late at Dr. Archer's for the party in Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Colin Wettig.
(b) Dr. Raj Mohandas and his wife, Alain.
(c) Dr. Mark Hodell.
(d) Dr. Aaron Levi and his wife, Elaine.
2. Who is first to jump to Abby's defense in Chapter 5 after she takes Karen Terrio to Mass Gen for transplant into Josh O'Day?
(a) Colin Wettig.
(b) Bill Archer.
(c) Mark Hodell.
(d) Vivien Chao.
3. Why does Karen decide not to pull over and sleep despite her exhaustion?
(a) Tomorrow is her daughter's birthday.
(b) She is too close to stop.
(c) Tomorrow is her birthday.
(d) She has to be at work in the morning.
4. With whom does Vivien Chao argue Josh O'Day's need for the heart intended for Nina Voss?
(a) Dr. Colin Wettig.
(b) Dr. Mark Hodell.
(c) Dr. Bill Archer.
(d) Dr. Aaron Levi.
5. Who does Abby tell Vivien she believes is behind the law suits and the present left in her car?
(a) Vincent Voss.
(b) Jeremiah Parr.
(c) Bill Archer.
(d) Mark Hodell.
6. Where is Yakov from?
7. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The deck.
(c) The navigator's quarters.
(d) The engine room.
8. What does SICU stand for?
(a) Second Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Surgical Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Spinal Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Special Intensive Care Unit.
9. What does Abby find in her car when she leaves the hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) A box of medical books.
(b) A new necklace.
(c) Dog feces.
(d) Pig intestines and a heart.
10. What is a direct donation?
(a) A patient's family chooses who should get their loved one's organs.
(b) When a doctor chooses who should get a patient's organs.
(c) When you take an item to be donated directly to the donation site.
(d) When a patient decides who should get his stuff if he dies.
11. Why does Victor Voss go to Jeremiah Parr in Chapter 6 and insist that Abby be fired?
(a) She killed another patient.
(b) She parked in his parking spot.
(c) She stole the heart intended for his wife.
(d) She is a bad doctor.
12. Where does Abby suggest the post-op fever is coming from in her patient in Chapter 9?
(a) The surgical site.
(b) An impacted tooth.
(c) An infection.
(d) The donated heart.
13. In Chapter 8, what does Nina want to know about the boy who donated a heart to her?
(a) What caused his death.
(b) What economic background he had.
(c) Who he was, who is family is.
(d) What race he was.
14. Where does Nina Voss say some people believe the soul is?
(a) The heart.
(b) The stomach.
(c) The liver.
(d) The brain.
15. In Chapter 7, from what port does the reader learn the freight ship is traveling?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Yakov claim he was when he began smoking?
2. What company does Yakov learn owns the ship in which he is traveling?
3. Why does Karen Terrio tell the reader she is driving in the middle of the night?
4. What is the main topic of conversation between the men at Dr. Archer's party in Chapter 3?
5. How many women, aside from Abby, are part of the medical staff attending a party at Dr. Archer's in Chapter 3?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)