|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Abby first meet Mr. Parr as discussed in Chapter 5?
(a) A welcoming picnic for new house staff.
(b) At a disposition for a law suit.
(c) A party in college.
(d) On a visit to her father's house.
2. Where did Nina Voss meet her husband Victor as discussed in Chapter 3?
3. What illness impacts the boys in Nadiya's charge as they travel to America in Chapter 7?
(c) Food poisoning.
4. Who is Jeremiah Parr?
(a) A patient at Bayside.
(b) Abby's uncle.
(c) A malpractice lawyer.
(d) President of Bayside Hospital.
5. What does Abby learn V stands for in VMI?
6. Who are Nadiya and Gregor?
(a) Strangers who have come to take the boys and get them adopted in America.
(b) Friends of Uncle Misha.
(c) The parents who have come to adopt Yakov and his three siblings.
(d) Yakov's aunt and uncle.
7. Which doctor does Abby speak to over the phone regarding the patient with post-op fever in Chapter 8?
(a) Ivan Tarasoff.
(b) Aaron Levi.
(c) Bill Archer.
(d) Colin Wettig.
8. Why does Karen Terrio tell the reader she is driving in the middle of the night?
(a) Returning from a two week vacation.
(b) Going home from a business trip.
(c) Going home from work.
(d) Returning home from her Aunt Dorothy's funeral.
9. How old does Yakov claim he was when he began smoking?
10. What mineral do the doctors inject into Karen Terrio's heart to stop it from beating in Chapter 4?
11. In Chapter 7, from what port does the reader learn the freight ship is traveling?
12. In Chapter 8, what does Nina want to know about the boy who donated a heart to her?
(a) What race he was.
(b) What economic background he had.
(c) Who he was, who is family is.
(d) What caused his death.
13. In Chapter 8, who does Abby see in her dreams?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
14. Who is Leonard Mapes?
(a) The doctor who delivers the donor heart for Nina Voss.
(b) The ambulance driver who delivered the heart for Josh O'Day.
(c) One of Abby's patients.
(d) The doctor performing Nina Voss' transplant.
15. What reason does Abby believe the hospital decided to give Karen Terrio's heart to Nina Voss over Josh O'Day?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abby tell Vivien she believes is behind the law suits and the present left in her car?
2. Why does Mark's competition end the race early in Chapter 10?
3. What one requirement is Abby told the transplant team is looking for in a new recruit?
4. What does Dr. Abby DiMatteo believes is causing Karen Terrio's unresponsiveness?
5. How many doctors are named in the lawsuit regarding the death of Karen Terrio as discussed in Chapter 6?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)