|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abby notice in Chapter 6 about the heart being donated to Nina Voss?
(a) It is large.
(b) It is diseased.
(c) It is misshapen.
(d) It is small.
2. In Chapter 8, who does Abby see in her dreams?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
3. In Chapter 7, how many times does the engineer tell Yakov he has been to America?
(d) Three times.
4. In Chapter 7, where does Yakov learn the ship is headed?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
5. What does Mary Allen say to Abby when she visits her in the SICU in Chapter 6?
(a) That she does not want treatment.
(b) That she does not want morphine.
(c) That she wants to go home.
(d) That she would like to die.
6. What is MICU?
(a) Medical Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Master Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Myopathic Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Modern Intensive Care Unit.
7. What is a direct donation?
(a) When a patient decides who should get his stuff if he dies.
(b) A patient's family chooses who should get their loved one's organs.
(c) When you take an item to be donated directly to the donation site.
(d) When a doctor chooses who should get a patient's organs.
8. Where is Yakov from?
9. How does Mark decide to treat the post-op fever in Chapter 9?
(a) Broad spectrum antibiotics.
(c) Another surgery.
(d) A wait and see approach.
10. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The navigator's quarters.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The engine room.
(d) The deck.
11. Why does the clerk refuse to sell beer to Vince Lawry?
(a) Rules prevent him from selling beer to someone who is intoxicated.
(b) He does not have enough money.
(c) He does not have beer.
(d) Policy prevents him from selling beer to minors.
12. What does Abby find in her car when she leaves the hospital in Chapter 9?
(a) Pig intestines and a heart.
(b) A new necklace.
(c) A box of medical books.
(d) Dog feces.
13. How much does Gregor offer to Uncle Misha in order to buy the boys from him?
(a) Ten thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) One hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Twenty thousand dollars.
14. To whose room is Abby called in Chapter 8?
(a) Nina Voss.
(b) Brenda Hainey.
(c) Mark Hodell.
(d) Mary Allen.
15. What is the name of Mark's sailboat?
(a) Gimme Kindness.
(b) Gimme Shelter.
(c) Gimme Help.
(d) Gimme More.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Abby first meet Mr. Parr as discussed in Chapter 5?
2. What oil painting in Dr. Archer's inner sanctum does Abby find herself studying in Chapter 3?
3. What does SICU stand for?
4. Who are Nadiya and Gregor?
5. Whose body do Mark and Abby learn was found in the end of Chapter 10?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)