|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mark Hodell?
(a) The president of Bayside and Abby's boyfriend.
(b) A surgeon at Mass Gen and Abby's boyfriend.
(c) An internist at Bayside and Abby's boyfriend.
(d) A surgeon at Bayside and Abby's boyfriend.
2. Why does Aleksei go back into Uncle Misha's flat after Nadiya leads the boys outside?
(a) To go to the bathroom.
(b) To say goodbye to Uncle Misha.
(c) To get his favorite book.
(d) To get his stuffed animal.
3. What is the name of Mark's sailboat?
(a) Gimme More.
(b) Gimme Help.
(c) Gimme Kindness.
(d) Gimme Shelter.
4. Who arrives late at Dr. Archer's for the party in Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Aaron Levi and his wife, Elaine.
(b) Dr. Raj Mohandas and his wife, Alain.
(c) Dr. Mark Hodell.
(d) Dr. Colin Wettig.
5. What does Abby learn V stands for in VMI?
6. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The navigator's quarters.
(c) The deck.
(d) The engine room.
7. What does Vivien tell Abby when she suggests she take some of the blame for the Josh O'Day drama?
(a) Vivien tells her she ought to take some blame.
(b) Vivien insists someone has to stand up for the Josh O'Days at Bayside.
(c) Vivien tells her no one should take blame.
(d) Vivien tells her to forget about it all and just focus on the future.
8. What is MICU?
(a) Modern Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Medical Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Master Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Myopathic Intensive Care Unit.
9. What is NEOB?
(a) No End Originates Below.
(b) New Edge Oregon Bank.
(c) New England Orange Band.
(d) New England Organ Bank.
10. Who does Mark suggest Vivien visit after her confrontation with Parr in Chapter 5?
(a) Vivien Chao.
(b) Nina Voss.
(c) Josh O'Day.
(d) Joe Terrio.
11. Why does Mark's competition end the race early in Chapter 10?
(a) He broke a line.
(b) He decided he could not win.
(c) He got a call from his wife.
(d) He was called into the hospital.
12. What does Nina Voss overhear her husband saying to the doctors in Chapter 3?
(a) She is costing him too much money with her illness.
(b) She needs a new heart at any cost.
(c) She needs to die faster.
(d) She is too young to die.
13. What does SICU stand for?
(a) Surgical Intensive Care Unit.
(b) Second Intensive Care Unit.
(c) Special Intensive Care Unit.
(d) Spinal Intensive Care Unit.
14. In Chapter 7, from what port does the reader learn the freight ship is traveling?
15. What deformity does Yakov reveal he has?
(a) A club foot.
(b) A cataract.
(c) A missing foot.
(d) A missing hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the surgeon at Mass Gen who will perform Josh O'Day's transplant?
2. Who does Abby tell Vivien she believes is behind the law suits and the present left in her car?
3. With whom does Vivien Chao argue Josh O'Day's need for the heart intended for Nina Voss?
4. Why does Victor Voss go to Jeremiah Parr in Chapter 6 and insist that Abby be fired?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Nina want to know about the boy who donated a heart to her?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)