|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Aleksei go back into Uncle Misha's flat after Nadiya leads the boys outside?
(a) To get his stuffed animal.
(b) To get his favorite book.
(c) To say goodbye to Uncle Misha.
(d) To go to the bathroom.
2. How does Abby get into the Levi house in Chapter 16?
(a) A broken window.
(b) The front door is open.
(c) Through an unlocked door.
(d) Elaine lets her in.
3. What does Abby tell the reader in Chapter 12 some new doctors do when called to pronounce a death?
(a) Attempt CPR.
(c) Call for a priest.
(d) Make a speech.
4. What is Abby doing to fill her time now that she is suspended from duties in the hospital?
(a) Janitorial work.
(b) Volunteering in a free clinic.
(d) Research for Wettig.
5. Why does Karen Terrio tell the reader she is driving in the middle of the night?
(a) Going home from work.
(b) Returning from a two week vacation.
(c) Returning home from her Aunt Dorothy's funeral.
(d) Going home from a business trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lands on the boat that fascinates Yakov and frightens Aleksei in Chapter 14?
2. How much does Gregor offer to Uncle Misha in order to buy the boys from him?
3. Why does Joe Terrio initially refuse to sign the forms to allow his wife's organs to be harvested?
4. With whom does Vivien Chao argue Josh O'Day's need for the heart intended for Nina Voss?
5. What does Vivien ask Abby to do in Chapter 16?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)