|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Karen decide not to pull over and sleep despite her exhaustion?
(a) Tomorrow is her daughter's birthday.
(b) She has to be at work in the morning.
(c) Tomorrow is her birthday.
(d) She is too close to stop.
2. Who arrives late at Dr. Archer's for the party in Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Raj Mohandas and his wife, Alain.
(b) Dr. Aaron Levi and his wife, Elaine.
(c) Dr. Mark Hodell.
(d) Dr. Colin Wettig.
3. Why does Yakov tell Aleksei he no longer wants to be adopted by an American family in Chapter 14?
(a) He wants to return to Uncle Misha.
(b) He believes his mother is looking for him.
(c) He does not think he can learn English.
(d) He does not think he will like living in America.
4. Who is Leonard Mapes?
(a) The doctor who delivers the donor heart for Nina Voss.
(b) The doctor performing Nina Voss' transplant.
(c) The ambulance driver who delivered the heart for Josh O'Day.
(d) One of Abby's patients.
5. Why does Karen Terrio tell the reader she is driving in the middle of the night?
(a) Returning from a two week vacation.
(b) Going home from a business trip.
(c) Returning home from her Aunt Dorothy's funeral.
(d) Going home from work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Yakov from?
2. Why does Victor Voss remove the wildflowers Nina Voss has been admiring in her sick room in Chapter 18?
3. To where does Abby follow the doctor she saw coming out of Amity Medical Supplies?
4. What does Abby find in her car when she leaves the hospital in Chapter 9?
5. What does Dr. Wettig suggest Abby do before she seek employment elsewhere?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)