|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vince Lawry cause the accident that injures Karen Terrio?
(a) He drives the wrong way on the highway.
(b) He forces her into a ditch.
(c) He cross lanes of traffic.
(d) He stalls out in front of her.
2. What does Mary Allen say to Abby when she visits her in the SICU in Chapter 6?
(a) That she wants to go home.
(b) That she does not want treatment.
(c) That she does not want morphine.
(d) That she would like to die.
3. What emotional things does Yakov tell the captain of the ship he does not do in in Chapter 7?
(a) Cry and grow angry.
(b) Laugh or cry.
(c) Laugh or grow angry.
(d) Laugh or brood.
4. What does Dr. Abby DiMatteo believes is causing Karen Terrio's unresponsiveness?
(a) A midbrain hemorrhage.
(b) Brain contusion.
(c) A broken skull.
(d) Brain swelling.
5. Which doctor does Abby speak to over the phone regarding the patient with post-op fever in Chapter 8?
(a) Aaron Levi.
(b) Ivan Tarasoff.
(c) Bill Archer.
(d) Colin Wettig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Yakov often play chess as described in Chapter 7?
2. What deformity does Yakov reveal he has?
3. What is the main topic of conversation between the men at Dr. Archer's party in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Aleksei go back into Uncle Misha's flat after Nadiya leads the boys outside?
5. What occupation does Yakov wish he was allowed to participate in?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)