|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main topic of conversation between the men at Dr. Archer's party in Chapter 3?
(d) Money and investments.
2. Why does Karen decide not to pull over and sleep despite her exhaustion?
(a) Tomorrow is her daughter's birthday.
(b) She has to be at work in the morning.
(c) Tomorrow is her birthday.
(d) She is too close to stop.
3. What does Dr. Abby DiMatteo believes is causing Karen Terrio's unresponsiveness?
(a) Brain contusion.
(b) A broken skull.
(c) Brain swelling.
(d) A midbrain hemorrhage.
4. How does Vince Lawry cause the accident that injures Karen Terrio?
(a) He drives the wrong way on the highway.
(b) He cross lanes of traffic.
(c) He forces her into a ditch.
(d) He stalls out in front of her.
5. Who are Nadiya and Gregor?
(a) Strangers who have come to take the boys and get them adopted in America.
(b) Yakov's aunt and uncle.
(c) The parents who have come to adopt Yakov and his three siblings.
(d) Friends of Uncle Misha.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many women, aside from Abby, are part of the medical staff attending a party at Dr. Archer's in Chapter 3?
2. What occupation does Yakov wish he was allowed to participate in?
3. Why does Karen Terrio tell the reader she is driving in the middle of the night?
4. What does Nina Voss overhear her husband saying to the doctors in Chapter 3?
5. What mineral do the doctors inject into Karen Terrio's heart to stop it from beating in Chapter 4?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)