|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotional things does Yakov tell the captain of the ship he does not do in in Chapter 7?
(a) Laugh or cry.
(b) Cry and grow angry.
(c) Laugh or brood.
(d) Laugh or grow angry.
2. What does Mary Allen's niece accuse Abby of when she arrives at the hospital after her aunt's death in Chapter 12?
(a) Refusing to allow visitors.
(b) Killing her.
(c) Not attempting to save her life.
(d) Condemning her soul to Hell.
3. How does Abby feel about riding on Mark's sailboat in Chapter 10?
(a) She wants to pilot it.
(b) She wants to sail to Europe on it.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She is seasick the whole time.
4. In Chapter 7, where does Yakov learn the ship is headed?
(b) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
5. How does Abby get into the Levi house in Chapter 16?
(a) Through an unlocked door.
(b) Elaine lets her in.
(c) The front door is open.
(d) A broken window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abby tell the reader in Chapter 12 some new doctors do when called to pronounce a death?
2. What company does Yakov learn owns the ship in which he is traveling?
3. In Chapter 7, how many times does the engineer tell Yakov he has been to America?
4. Which doctor does Abby speak to over the phone regarding the patient with post-op fever in Chapter 8?
5. Who is Leonard Mapes?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)