Chapters 1 through 5
1. Where is Yakov from?
2. How old does Yakov claim he was when he began smoking?
3. What occupation does Yakov wish he was allowed to participate in?
(a) Fast Food.
(b) Pick pocketing.
4. What deformity does Yakov reveal he has?
(a) A missing foot.
(b) A missing hand.
(c) A club foot.
(d) A cataract.
5. Who are Nadiya and Gregor?
(a) The parents who have come to adopt Yakov and his three siblings.
(b) Friends of Uncle Misha.
(c) Strangers who have come to take the boys and get them adopted in America.
(d) Yakov's aunt and uncle.
6. Why does Aleksei go back into Uncle Misha's flat after Nadiya leads the boys outside?
(a) To get his stuffed animal.
(b) To say goodbye to Uncle Misha.
(c) To get his favorite book.
(d) To go to the bathroom.
7. How much does Gregor offer to Uncle Misha in order to buy the boys from him?
(a) Ten thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Fifty thousand dollars.
(d) Twenty thousand dollars.
This section contains 4,945 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)