|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author of the note inside the Horcrux Harry obtained with Dumbledore claim to be?
2. What year students are allowed to take their Apparating test?
3. Why does Harry break up with Ginny before they leave Hogwarts?
4. Who is sent for to discuss the future of the school after the battle?
5. Which horrible creature is fighting alongside the Death Eaters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What response does Hagrid have when Harry tells him that Dumbledore is killed by Snape?
2. What is the historical meaning of the cave that Harry and Dumbledore visit while searching for Voldemort's Horcruxes?
3. What are the motives behind the two sets of murders that Voldemort commits?
4. Which Hogsmeade resident is doing the work of the Death Eaters, even though it is against her will?
5. What do Kreacher and Dobby report back to Harry after Harry sends them out on a mission to observe Draco?
6. What does Harry think he sees flying off into the distance after Dumberdore's funeral concludes?
7. Why is Ron pleased that Gryffindor loses its Quidditch match to Hufflepuff, even though he's a member of the Gryffindor team?
8. What reason is finally disclosed, at Bill's bedside, as to why Tonks is looking so unhappy and unhealthy throughout the novel?
9. What mission does Lupin go on for Voldemort?
10. What are three spells that Harry casts while trying to escape from the cave with Dumbledore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Harry Potter is motivated by a wide range of emotions. Choose the emotion that you think motivates him the most *throughout* the novel, making sure to provide at least four examples from the text that support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Choose three items or events from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince that Rowling uses to foreshadow what happens later in the story. Discuss how these items do indeed foreshadow what happens, and provide specific evidence from the text that supports their role as something that foreshadows what happens.
Essay Topic 3
Who is the greatest hero of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince? Explain why you choose who you choose and discuss at least three actions that character takes (or choices that character makes) that leads to your decision.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)