|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mysterious object does Dumbledore take off from his shelf during his first private lesson with Harry?
(a) The Gryffindor sword.
(b) An egg that Faux lays.
(c) The Pensieve.
(d) The Sorting Hat.
2. What rude name do Narcissa and Bellatrix call Snape's house as they approach it?
(a) Something "only fit for a Gryffindor to live in".
(b) A "dump".
(c) A "Muggle dunghill".
(d) Something "only fit for a house elf".
3. Who does Slughorn say he is running from for the past year?
(a) Death Eaters.
(d) Lord Voldemort himself.
4. What reason does Harry give Hagrid and Mrs. Weasley about why they incorrectly think he has slipped away from the group while shopping in Hogsmeade?
(a) They need to get their eyes checked now that they're getting old.
(b) There are too many people about.
(c) They're becoming paranoid.
(d) They don't look hard enough.
5. Why is Draco eager to begin a new year at Hogwart's?
(a) Because he knows a way to get Hermione suspended.
(b) Because he is given a new mission from Voldemort.
(c) Because he has some awesome new dress robes.
(d) Because he can finally beat Harry in Quidditch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ron ask to the Christmas party?
2. How does Harry respond to seeing Ginny kissing someone?
3. What reason does Dumbledore give for taking so long in the bathroom at Slughorn's house?
4. How does Slughorn introduce Harry at his lunch for selected students while on the train to Hogwarts?
5. Why does Harry get so angry about the stolen items being sold in Hogsmeade?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the wizards told to greet each other now that Voldemort is back?
2. What surprise announcement does Dumbledore make about a change in teachers for the new year at Hogwarts?
3. What information does the school/Hogwarts students have about what happens to Katie Bell?
4. What reason does Hermione give for warning Harry to be careful as the Christmas party approaches?
5. Why does Harry only pretend to spike Ron's pumpkin juice with Felix Felicis?
6. What do Scrimgeour and Fudge say when the Prime Minister asks them why they can't just fix everything with magic?
7. What does Harry think he hates Snape for most when he sees him upon returning to Hogwarts?
8. What surprising news does a letter bring Harry when he is at the Burrow, preparing to leave for Hogwarts?
9. Why does Dumbledore think that he and Harry need to learn about Voldemort's childhood?
10. Why is Harry's dream of becoming an auror revived when he returns to Hogwarts?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)