|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Crabbe and Goyle performing their lookout roles for Malfoy in Chapter 21?
(a) By bribing first-year students.
(b) By pretending to be studying in the library.
(c) By disguising themselves as girls.
(d) By being armed with stink bombs from Fred and George's shop.
2. What ghost is in the restroom that Malfoy is in when Harry finds him?
(b) Nearly Headless Nick.
(c) Moaning Myrtle.
(d) Old Man Horesman.
3. Who does Harry kiss after Gryffindor wins the Quidditch tournament?
(b) Lavender Brown.
(c) Luna Lovegood.
4. What item of Hepzibah's does Voldemort become engrossed by?
(a) The sword of Gryffindor.
(b) Slytherin's necklace.
(c) Hufflepuff's first wand.
(d) Ravenclaw's first robe.
5. What secret room is located on the seventh floor of Hogwarts?
(a) There is no secret room on the seventh floor.
(b) The room of requirement.
(c) A secret passage to Hogsmeade.
(d) The secret Potions experiment lounge.
6. What do Harry and Dumbledore need to give the door blocking the cave in order for it to open?
(b) One drop of Felix Felicis.
(c) A piece of hair.
(d) A phoenix feather.
7. Why doesn't Hagrid bury Aragog in the Forbidden Forest?
(a) He can't carry Aragog -- he's too heavy.
(b) He's afraid Harry doesn't come in for the service.
(c) He thinks Voldemort is hiding out in there.
(d) He might be attacked by Aragog's offspring.
8. What tool does Harry use to try to track Malfoy in the castle?
(a) The Marauder's Map.
(b) A glass eye Dumbledore gives him.
(c) Nothing; he doesn't try to track Malfoy.
(d) His special Potions book.
9. What does school rumor suggest Harry tattooes on his chest?
(a) A picture of his mother.
(b) A Gryffindor.
(c) A picture of his father.
(d) A hippogriff.
10. As the novel comes to an end, what does Harry view as his next big quest?
(a) Finding Voldemort's Horcruxes.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Killing Voldemort.
(d) Destroying Voldemort's Horcruxes.
11. Where do students go to take their final Apparition test?
(b) The dining hall.
(c) Hagrid's hut.
(d) The Forbidden Forest.
12. How old does Harry discover his special Potions book to be?
(a) Around 30 years old.
(b) Only 10 years old.
(c) Nearly 100 years old.
(d) Over 50 years old.
13. What ominous sign greets Harry and Dumbledore when they return from their visit to the cave?
(a) The Dark Mark over Hogwarts.
(b) Complete chaos in Hogsmeade.
(c) Harry's missing leg from not Apparating properly.
(d) Broken broomsticks all over the place.
14. Who does Hermione suspect is the Half-Blood Prince?
(a) Voldemort's mother.
(b) Professor Snape.
(c) Eileen Prince.
(d) Harry's father.
15. Who does Harry get into an argument with during the Gryffindor Quidditch match with Hufflepuff?
(a) Cormac McLaggan.
(b) Luna Lovegood.
(c) Neville Longbottom.
(d) Hermione Granger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event enables Ron and Hermione to be friends again?
2. How do Ron, Hermione, and Harry return to Hogwarts after the Christmas break?
3. Why must Harry and Dumbledore not touch the water inside the cave?
4. Who is Hepzibah Smith?
5. Which character enjoys the Christmas music on the radio, even though everyone else hates it?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)