|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mission does Harry give Dobby while he is in the hospital wing with Ron?
(a) To spy on Snape.
(b) To follow Draco Malfoy.
(c) To follow Harry in secret and protect him from attackers.
(d) To spy on Dumbledore.
2. After he encounters Dumbledore once the Dark Mark appears over Hogwarts, what does Draco threaten to do?
(a) Kill Dumbledore.
(b) Bring Death Eaters into the castle.
(c) Kill Harry.
(d) Tell a secret that Dumbledore is hiding for many years.
3. As the novel comes to an end, what does Harry view as his next big quest?
(a) Killing Voldemort.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Destroying Voldemort's Horcruxes.
(d) Finding Voldemort's Horcruxes.
4. How are Crabbe and Goyle performing their lookout roles for Malfoy in Chapter 21?
(a) By bribing first-year students.
(b) By disguising themselves as girls.
(c) By being armed with stink bombs from Fred and George's shop.
(d) By pretending to be studying in the library.
5. Where does Harry plan to go right after leaving Hogwarts?
(a) Back to the Burrow.
(c) On the lam.
(d) Back to the Dursleys'.
6. What gift does Harry offer Kreacher and Dobby as thanks for their help?
(a) A nice dinner.
(c) Nothing -- he doesn't offer them a gift.
(d) New shoes.
7. Who does Hermione suspect is the Half-Blood Prince?
(a) Voldemort's mother.
(b) Eileen Prince.
(c) Harry's father.
(d) Professor Snape.
8. Why is Harry cold when he and Dumbledore enter the cave for the first time?
(a) Because he casts a cold spell on himself so he stays awake.
(b) Because he is afraid.
(c) Because he is wet.
(d) Because it is an ice cave.
9. What student does Dumbledore encounter as he is entering Hogwarts after his trip with Harry to the cave?
(a) Draco Malfoy.
(b) Ron Weasley.
(c) Hermione Granger.
(d) Neville Longbottom.
10. What item that Harry finds (in an earlier story) in the Chamber of Secrets is a Horcrux?
(a) The sorting hat.
(b) Riddle's diary.
(c) His invisibility cloak.
(d) Gryffindor's sword.
11. What is "I am Lord Voldemort" a cryptogram for?
(a) I will return.
(c) Tom Marvolo Riddle.
(d) Dumbledore lives.
12. Why is Slughorn interested in Aragog's burial?
(a) Because he wants some of Aragog's venom.
(b) Because he genuinely feels badly for Hagrid.
(c) He's not interest at all and avoids the funeral.
(d) Because he wants to avoid Harry.
13. What happens to Hagrid's hut during the battle at Hogwarts?
(a) It catches on fire.
(b) It is knocked over.
(c) It is turned into a house of lollipops.
(d) It is lifted up and moved.
14. Where do Dumbledore and Harry Apparate to while first searching for Horcruxes?
(b) The seaside.
(d) The Forbidden Forest.
15. What is Harry wearing, on Dumbledore's orders, as they approach Hogwarts after their trip to the cave?
(a) Slytherin's necklace.
(b) Gryffindor's sword.
(c) His invisibility cloak.
(d) Marvolo's ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harry feel about not being able to complete the one homework assignment Dumbledore gives him?
2. Who is Hepzibah Smith?
3. What item does Harry use to save his life after he drinks poisoned mead?
4. What does Lupin assure Harry about his special Potions book?
5. What request does Voldemort have when, two years after leaving Hogwarts, he returns to meet with Dumbledore in his office?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)