|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dumbledore insist Harry and the Weasleys have when they go into Hogsmeade to go shopping?
(a) Magic brooms.
(b) Body guards.
(c) Only Hagrid.
(d) Invisibility cloaks.
2. Why is Hagrid late to the opening feast at Hogwarts?
(a) He is on a secret mission.
(b) He is visiting his half-brother, Grawp.
(c) He also gets stuck on the train.
(d) He is attacked by one of his pets.
3. Why is Draco eager to begin a new year at Hogwart's?
(a) Because he can finally beat Harry in Quidditch.
(b) Because he knows a way to get Hermione suspended.
(c) Because he has some awesome new dress robes.
(d) Because he is given a new mission from Voldemort.
4. Who does Slughorn say he is running from for the past year?
(a) Lord Voldemort himself.
(c) Death Eaters.
5. What reason does Dumbledore give for taking so long in the bathroom at Slughorn's house?
(a) He gets caught up in a muggle magazine.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He doesn't know how a muggle toilet works.
(d) He doesn't find the bathroom.
6. What does Merope request as she lay dying?
(a) That her body be buried at sea.
(b) That no one talk about her baby.
(c) That no one talk about her death.
(d) That her son be named Tom Marvolo Riddle.
7. What does Harry supposedly spike Ron's pumpkin juice with the morning of a Quidditch game?
(a) Love potion.
(b) Felix Felicis.
(c) Hot sauce.
(d) Butter beer.
8. What spell does Tonks use to fix up Harry's nose?
(b) Nebulous reparo.
(c) She casts the spell without speaking.
(d) She doesn't use a spell.
9. What family line does Marvolo Gount come from?
10. Who finds Harry stuck on the train as it starts departing from Hogsmeade?
11. Why can Snape not reveal to Narciss and Snape where the Order of the Phoenix hideout is?
(a) Because he doesn't know.
(b) Because they know he rats them out.
(c) Because he is not the Secret Keeper.
(d) Because they move every week and he doesn't hear about this week's location.
12. Who is Rufus Scrimgeour?
(a) The Prime Minister's secretive neighbor.
(b) The Prime Minister's new secretary.
(c) Vodemort, but in disguise.
(d) The new Minister of Magic.
13. How do the other children respond to the young Tom Riddle at the orphanage?
(a) They love him.
(b) They are afraid of him.
(c) They view him as a father figure.
(d) They call him "master".
14. How does Slughorn introduce Harry at his lunch for selected students while on the train to Hogwarts?
(a) As "the prophet".
(b) As "he who MUST be named".
(c) As "the chosen one".
(d) As "Harry Potter".
15. How does Harry respond to seeing Ginny kissing someone?
(a) He finds himself a little jealous.
(b) He just doesn't want Ron to get upset again.
(c) He thinks she could do better.
(d) He's glad she finally has a boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Ron and Harry have Potions textbooks when they start the year?
2. What does the Ministry of Magic insist Harry and the Weasleys have when they go into Hogsmeade to go shopping?
3. Who does Harry ask to the Christmas party, as a friend?
4. At what time does Harry have to report to Snape's office for his first detention of the year?
5. Where do Harry, Ron, and Hermione go after Quidditch tryouts?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)