|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family item does Merope sell in her desperate attempt to get money?
(a) Her baby.
(b) All of her jewelry.
(c) A dagger.
(d) Slytherin's necklace.
2. Where does Dumbledore take Harry for a private talk before they enter the Burrow?
(a) An underground hideout.
(b) A cave by the sea.
(c) A tiny, dirty broom closet.
(d) A hollowed-out tree in the woods.
3. What family line does Marvolo Gount come from?
4. What sign in the street lets Harry know Dumbledore arrives?
(a) He sees a bright light.
(b) The streetlight goes out.
(c) He sees a broomstick in the yard.
(d) He hears a loud "crack".
5. What does Professor Slughorn offer as a reward to the student who makes the best potion on the first day of class?
(a) A bottle of Felix Felicis.
(b) A pass on the homework for the day.
(c) A pass on not having to write an essay later in the term.
(d) A special tutoring session in private.
6. Why doesn't Ron and Harry have Potions textbooks when they start the year?
(a) They lose them.
(b) They forget to buy them.
(c) They don't think they are allowed to take the class.
(d) They are stolen.
7. What does Fudge say his purpose of his meeting with the Prime Minister is?
(a) To discuss the function of a rubber duck, since no muggle can understand it.
(b) To ask the Prime Minister and his wife over for dinner.
(c) He wants to introduce him to his successor.
(d) To announce some new wizard farming initiatives.
8. Why does Snape say that Defense Against the Dark Arts is an ever-evolving field?
(a) Because the Dark Arts are always changing.
(b) Because it is a beautiful study, much like art.
(c) Because they've have so many different teachers over the years.
(d) Because no student is ever smart enough to learn it all.
9. Why does Harry get so angry about the stolen items being sold in Hogsmeade?
(a) Because they are actually Sirius'.
(b) Because they are horribly overpriced.
(c) Because it is illegal.
(d) Because they cost Mr. Weasley his job.
10. What platform do Hogwarts board the Hogwarts Express train at?
(a) Eight and three-quarters.
(b) Ten and three-quarters.
(c) Nine and three-quarters.
(d) The last one on the left.
11. Who does Harry ask to the Christmas party, as a friend?
12. Who hands out the new schedules for Gryffindor students at the start of a new year at Hogwarts?
(a) The house prefects.
(b) They just appear on the breakfast tables.
(d) Professor McGonagall.
13. What exciting news does Arthur Weasley have for Harry about his work at the Ministry of Magic?
(a) He can guarantee Harry a job once he's done at Hogwart's.
(b) He's now working undercover.
(c) He's promoted.
(d) He discovers the meaning behind a rubber duck.
14. What is an Inferi?
(a) A poisonous bat sent out by a dark wizard.
(b) A person who other wizards look down on.
(c) A little bug that spies on good wizards.
(d) A corpse bewitched by a dark wizard.
15. Who does Hermione ask to the Christmas party?
(b) Neville Longbottom.
(c) Cormac McLaggan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is awaiting Harry's arrival at the Burrow?
2. After Ron kisses Lavender Brown, why does Harry find it so difficult to talk to Hermione?
3. How does Slughorn introduce Harry at his lunch for selected students while on the train to Hogwarts?
4. What does the Prime Minister learn about his new secretary from the Minister of Magic?
5. How long is it since Dumbledore is at the Dursley's house?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)