|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is invited to join Professor Slughorn for lunch on the train to Hogwarts?
(c) All of these answers is correct.
2. With whom does Harry have to do private lessons at Hogwart's this year?
(b) Professor Trelawney.
(c) Professor Flitwick.
(d) Professor Snape, again.
3. What does the Prime Minister learn about his new secretary from the Minister of Magic?
(a) That he's a spy for Voldemort.
(b) That he's a wanted felon.
(c) That he's really a wizard.
(d) That he's Harry Potter.
4. What animal does the Prime Minister's Junior Minister act like?
(a) A cat.
(b) A duck.
(c) A dog.
(d) A fish.
5. At what age do witches and wizards come of age in the wizarding world?
(a) Whenever they get married.
(d) Whenever they pass their apparition test.
6. Where does Harry find the spell "Levicorpus"?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) In a letter left out in Dumbledore's office.
(c) In his annotated Potions book.
(d) In the library.
7. What spell is cast on Harry just as he is about to depart the train in Chapter seven?
(d) Petrficus Totalus.
8. What rude name do Narcissa and Bellatrix call Snape's house as they approach it?
(a) A "dump".
(b) A "Muggle dunghill".
(c) Something "only fit for a house elf".
(d) Something "only fit for a Gryffindor to live in".
9. Who is the Slytherin captain this year?
10. What does Professor Slughorn offer as a reward to the student who makes the best potion on the first day of class?
(a) A special tutoring session in private.
(b) A pass on not having to write an essay later in the term.
(c) A bottle of Felix Felicis.
(d) A pass on the homework for the day.
11. What animal is awaiting Harry's arrival at the Burrow?
(a) The Weasley's fish.
(b) The Weasleys' cat.
(c) His owl, Hedwig.
(d) Neville's toad.
12. Who is Rufus Scrimgeour?
(a) The new Minister of Magic.
(b) The Prime Minister's new secretary.
(c) Vodemort, but in disguise.
(d) The Prime Minister's secretive neighbor.
13. What spell does Tonks use to fix up Harry's nose?
(b) She doesn't use a spell.
(c) She casts the spell without speaking.
(d) Nebulous reparo.
14. How does Harry test to see if Kreacher is really his?
(a) He asks Dobby.
(b) He checks Kreacher's paperwork.
(c) He gives him a command and Kreacher follows.
(d) He spies on Kreacher for a little while.
15. Who does Harry think is behind Katie's attack?
(a) Professor Snape.
(b) Voldemort himself.
(c) Lucius Malfoy.
(d) Draco Malfoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is it since Dumbledore is at the Dursley's house?
2. What is an Inferi?
3. What exciting news does Arthur Weasley have for Harry about his work at the Ministry of Magic?
4. Who does Ron ask to the Christmas party?
5. How do the other children respond to the young Tom Riddle at the orphanage?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)