|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many gifts has Dudley received for his birthday in Chapter 2?
2. Who is Dudley?
(a) Harry's cousin.
(b) Harry's best friend.
(c) The father of Harry.
(d) Another budding magician.
3. How many years have passed in the opening of Chapter 2 since Harry was dropped off at the Dursleys?
4. What makes Harry think that the strange events the night of his birthday were not a dream?
(a) Hagrid is sleeping on the couch.
(b) Dumbledore is snoring while levitated slightly off the floor.
(c) Professor McGonagall is making breakfast.
(d) A frog talks to him when he wakes.
5. How are the Dursleys described at the beginning of the book?
(a) As uptight.
(b) As generous.
(c) As kind.
(d) As totally evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the characteristic(s) of the Hufflepuffs?
2. Whose robe does Hermione make burst into flames at a Quidditch match?
3. To what does the narrator compare Diagon Alley?
4. Who does Hermione accidentally knock over in Chapter 11?
5. Why are Harry and Dudley going to different schools?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens one Sunday about the letters that are arriving at the Dursley home?
2. What does Harry think is going to happen when Professor McGonagall yells at him when he is on a broom in Chapter 9, and what does she do?
3. Who are Angus Filch and Mrs. Norris?
4. What happens one night after the Dursleys have been in bed for quite some time?
5. What does Mr. Dursley notice on his way to work one day?
6. What happens when Mr. Dursley breaks under the stress of all the letters piling up?
7. What does Hagrid tell Harry in Chapter 4 that stuns Harry?
8. What is odd about the wand Harry ends up buying at Ollivander's Wand Shop?
9. How does Harry feel the next morning after Hagrid first arrived to claim him?
10. What is the seeker's role in a Quidditch match?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)