|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What list is Harry supposed to get in Chapter 5?
(a) A list of the clothing he would like to purchase for school.
(b) Something he has wanted for each birthday he that has not been celebrated.
(c) The required list for the school term.
(d) A list of all the times his aunt and uncle have been mean to him.
2. How do the patrons at the Leaky Cauldron react to Harry?
(a) Curious and admiring.
(c) Aggressive and mean.
(d) They have no reaction.
3. Who is Dudley?
(a) Harry's cousin.
(b) Harry's best friend.
(c) Another budding magician.
(d) The father of Harry.
4. What does the letter say that Harry finally receives in Chapter 4?
(a) That Harry is expected in court concerning his adoption.
(b) That Harry's great uncle leaves him money.
(c) That Harry is to go live with his grandparents.
(d) That Harry is accepted into Hogwarts.
5. Who do Ron and Harry visit during the first week of class that raises Harry's mood?
(d) The herbal nursery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to hide the object Neville dropped after breaking his wrist?
2. What is a Nimbus Two Thousand?
3. What makes Harry think that the strange events the night of his birthday were not a dream?
4. What is the characteristic(s) of the Hufflepuffs?
5. About what is Malfoy disappointed in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hagrid tell Harry in Chapter 4 that stuns Harry?
2. Why do Ron and Harry have a stilted conversation initially on the train?
3. Why is Dumbledore at the Dursley home at the beginning of the book?
4. What is Harry's first day of classes like at Hogwarts?
5. Where is the porthole Harry and Hagrid use in Chapter 5, and what happens when they go into the pub?
6. What unusual way does Harry catch the snitch in his first Quidditch match?
7. How is Harry's initial experience in potions class?
8. What happens one night after the Dursleys have been in bed for quite some time?
9. What does Mr. Dursley overhear that makes him panic?
10. Where are Dudley and Harry going to be attending school?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)