|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Hermione help Ron and Harry in Chapter 11?
(a) Planning ways to best Malfoy.
(b) Their homework.
(c) Tuning up Harry's broom and Ron's wand.
(d) Interceding with Snape.
2. How are the Dursleys described at the beginning of the book?
(a) As generous.
(b) As uptight.
(c) As totally evil.
(d) As kind.
3. Who is Mrs. Norris?
(a) Slytherin's housekeeper.
(b) The main cook.
(c) The caretaker's cat.
(d) Griffindor's housekeeper.
4. What happens after Hermione lights someone's robes on fire during a quidditch match?
(a) McGonagall takes Hermione's wand.
(b) Ron is kidnapped.
(c) Harry gets control of his broom.
(d) Dumbledore admonishes her.
5. In Chapter 3, when is Harry's next birthday?
(a) It was just past a few weeks ago.
(b) In two months.
(c) The next day after they arrive on the island.
(d) No one knows when Harry was born.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the sorting ceremony take place?
2. What is the characteristic(s) of the Ravenclaws?
3. How can a Quidditch team automatically win a Quidditch match?
4. What professor seems to have something against Harry Potter?
5. Who does Hermione accidentally knock over in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Dursley breaks under the stress of all the letters piling up?
2. What is the seeker's role in a Quidditch match?
3. About what are Ron, Hermione, and Harry convinced concerning Snape in Chapter 11?
4. What does Hagrid do when Ron, Harry, and Hermione mention Fluffy in Chapter 11?
5. What does Mr. Dursley notice on his way to work one day?
6. Harry receives a package during lunch a week after his first broom ride; what is inside?
7. What unusual way does Harry catch the snitch in his first Quidditch match?
8. How does Harry feel the next morning after Hagrid first arrived to claim him?
9. What does Malfoy do after Harry demands Malfoy hand over the "Remember all"?
10. What is the process of "sorting" at Hogwarts?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)