|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, in Chapter 16, dismisses Harry's worries about the Sorcerer's Stone?
(a) Ron and Hermione.
(b) Professor Snape.
(c) Professor McGonagall.
(d) Professor Quirrell.
2. About what does Neville wish to warn Harry and his friends in Chapter 15?
(a) That Draco has a new bad-memory spell just for the three friends.
(b) That Hagrid is in trouble for Ron's dragon bite.
(c) That Draco is trying to get Harry, Hermione and Ron expelled.
(d) That the dragon poison is worse than they knew.
3. Where do Harry, Hermonie, Neville and Draco go with Hagrid in Chapter 15?
(a) The green houses.
(b) The flying horse stalls.
(c) The Forbidden Forest.
(d) The Quidditch grounds.
4. What does Hermione realize about the chamber filled with flying birds?
(a) Some of them are missing.
(b) They are flying in a pattern.
(c) They are poisonous.
(d) They are all keys.
5. What does Harry see when he looks for the Sorcerer's Stone in Chapter 17?
(a) He sees himself holding the stone.
(b) He sees that the stone never has been at Hogwarts.
(c) He sees Dumbledore shaking his head.
(d) He sees Hermione holding the stone.
6. What does Harry do in Chapter 12 that gains the attention of Filch?
(a) Knocks over a chair.
(b) Trips and pulls a curtain off its rod.
(c) Takes a book off the library shelf, and it starts to shriek.
(d) Knocks over and breaks a statue.
7. What starts to plague Harry in Chapter 13?
(b) Voices in his head.
8. What does Malfoy consider doing about what he overheard in Chapter 14?
(a) Blackmailing Hagrid.
(b) Blackmailing Harry Potter.
(c) Reporting Hagrid.
(d) Killing the ewok.
9. Who wins House of the Year?
10. What section of the school does Harry go to while hiding under his invisibility cloak in Chapter 12?
(a) Snape's office.
(b) The forbidden forest.
(c) The potions classroom.
(d) The restricted section of the library.
11. What does Harry tell Quirrell in Chapter 17, regarding the whereabouts of the Sorcerer's Stone?
(a) That Hagrid has the stone.
(b) Harry makes up a story about what he sees in the mirror.
(c) That the stone is in Fluffy's stomach.
(d) That the stone is in Harry's pocket.
12. About whom have Harry, Ron and Hermione been searching for information in Chapter 12?
13. Where do Harry and Hermione meet Charlie in Chapter 14?
(a) In the Forbidden Forest.
(b) In the dungeon.
(c) At the top of Hogwarts' tower.
(d) In the same room as Fluffy.
14. What part about Hagrid's story of how he acquired the dragon egg stands out to Harry?
(a) That it was in a card game with a stranger.
(b) That the egg was a different color when Hagrid saw it on the table.
(d) That the egg was not on the table at first.
15. What fact does Quirrell confirm for Harry in Chapter 17?
(a) That Harry's mother is still alive.
(b) That Harry's father is not dead.
(c) That Snape works for Voldemort.
(d) That Snape hates Harry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry worry about during final exams?
2. What conversation does Harry hear between Snape and Quirrell in Chapter 13?
3. What is Flamel credited with creating?
4. What happens when Quirrell tries to choke Harry?
5. What is one activity Harry dives into after the holidays?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)