|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry think Snape is up to in Chapter 13?
(a) Trying to keep Griffindor from taking the cup to their house.
(b) Inadvertently helping Harry.
(c) No good.
(d) Trying to get a rematch for the game.
2. How does McGonagall's penalty affect Griffindor's standing for top school house?
(a) It puts them into second place from first.
(b) It puts Griffindor into third place.
(c) It puts Griffindor into last place.
(d) It does not change Griffindor's standing.
3. Who wins House of the Year?
4. What ultimately happens to the Sorcerer's Stone?
(a) It is put back at Gringott's.
(b) It is destroyed.
(c) Voldemort got away with it.
(d) Dumbledore now carries in a pouch around his neck.
5. How does Hagrid acquire the object he is hiding in Chapter 14?
(a) Won it in a card game.
(b) His grandmother sends it to him.
(c) A stranger asks Hagrid to keep it for the stranger.
(d) Steals it from the parents in the Forbidden Forest.
6. Who, in Chapter 16, dismisses Harry's worries about the Sorcerer's Stone?
(a) Professor McGonagall.
(b) Professor Snape.
(c) Professor Quirrell.
(d) Ron and Hermione.
7. What does Harry find in an abandoned classroom when he is wandering the halls at Hogwarts late at night in Chapter 12?
(a) A stag's head.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A picture of his parents in a yearbook.
(d) A costume.
8. What does Harry worry about constantly concerning the Sorcerer's Stone?
(a) That he will be seduced to use it on himself.
(b) That someone will figure out how to get past Fluffy.
(c) That Voldemort will get it.
(d) That the stone is more dangerous than just granting immortality.
9. What part about Hagrid's story of how he acquired the dragon egg stands out to Harry?
(a) That the egg was not on the table at first.
(c) That it was in a card game with a stranger.
(d) That the egg was a different color when Hagrid saw it on the table.
10. What fact does Quirrell confirm for Harry in Chapter 17?
(a) That Snape works for Voldemort.
(b) That Harry's father is not dead.
(c) That Snape hates Harry.
(d) That Harry's mother is still alive.
11. What does Harry see when he looks for the Sorcerer's Stone in Chapter 17?
(a) He sees himself holding the stone.
(b) He sees Dumbledore shaking his head.
(c) He sees Hermione holding the stone.
(d) He sees that the stone never has been at Hogwarts.
12. In Chapter 15, how many points does McGonagall deduct for each students' violation for being out after hours?
13. What was Snape saying to Quirrell in the Forbidden Forest, as clarified in Chapter 17?
(a) They both needed to escape Hogwarts.
(b) Quirrell better leave Potter alone.
(c) Snape has been observing Quirrell's odd actions.
(d) They were both under suspicion.
14. What does Harry realize is in his pocket in Chapter 17?
(b) A charm to counteract Quirrell's immobilization spell.
(c) A snitch.
(d) The Sorcerer's Stone.
15. Who is Norbert?
(a) The youngest student at Hogwarts.
(b) Filch's new cat.
(c) A ghost who lives in the boy's bathroom.
(d) Hagrid's baby dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What section of the school does Harry go to while hiding under his invisibility cloak in Chapter 12?
2. How do the other students in Griffindor feels towards Neville, Harry, and Hermione the morning after McGonagall's punishment in Chapter 15?
3. Who are Bane and Ronan?
4. What do Harry and Ron convince Hagrid to do in Chapter 14?
5. What makes Harry pass out in Chapter 17?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)