|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is it before finals when the three friends discover Hagrid is hiding something?
(a) 10 weeks.
(b) 3 days.
(c) A week and a half.
(d) 6 months.
2. In Chapter 16, how does Harry think Hagrid has been duped?
(a) Into revealing that Harry attends Hogwarts.
(b) By thinking that dragon egg was a different species than it turns out to be.
(c) Into giving out the secret to getting past Fluffy.
(d) Into revealing Harry's class schedule.
3. With whom do Harry, Neville and Hermione have to serve detention in Chapter 15?
4. What color are the eyes in the face on the back of Quirrell's head?
5. What section of the school does Harry go to while hiding under his invisibility cloak in Chapter 12?
(a) Snape's office.
(b) The forbidden forest.
(c) The potions classroom.
(d) The restricted section of the library.
6. What conversation does Harry hear between Snape and Quirrell in Chapter 13?
(a) About Hagrid needing to be eliminated.
(b) About the Golden Elixir.
(c) About getting past Fluffy.
(d) About Voldemort.
7. Where does Harry go for the Christmas holidays?
(a) He stays in his room in Griffindor.
(b) With Hermione.
(c) To stay with Hagrid.
(d) To the Dursley's home.
8. What do Hermione and Harry do after solving a riddle in Chapter 16?
(b) They see their loved ones dying.
(c) Walk through a wall of fire.
(d) Fall through a trap door.
9. What happens to Quirrell's face when Harry grabs it in Chapter 17?
(a) It changes into that of a demeter.
(c) It begins to blister.
(d) It begins to turn blue.
10. Where does Hermione go for Christmas vacation?
(a) Home to be with her parents.
(b) To her older sister's house in London.
(c) She also stays at Hogwarts.
(d) To her grandmother's, who is a witch.
11. What do Harry and Ron convince Hagrid to do in Chapter 14?
(a) Tell Malfoy something misleading.
(b) Hide the ewok in the forbidden forest.
(c) Take the two boys for a ride on a winged horse.
(d) Give Norbert to Charlie.
12. Who else, in addition to Hermione and Harry, is in trouble for being out of his/her room in Chapter 15?
(a) No one.
13. How does Hagrid acquire the object he is hiding in Chapter 14?
(a) Steals it from the parents in the Forbidden Forest.
(b) A stranger asks Hagrid to keep it for the stranger.
(c) His grandmother sends it to him.
(d) Won it in a card game.
14. What are Harry, Hermione, Neville and Draco to help Hagrid do in Chapter 15?
(a) Pick up litter.
(b) Find an injured unicorn.
(c) Pull pests off the plants.
(d) Clean the bathroom stalls.
15. Where do Harry and Hermione meet Charlie in Chapter 14?
(a) In the dungeon.
(b) In the same room as Fluffy.
(c) At the top of Hogwarts' tower.
(d) In the Forbidden Forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an unusual thing that Harry receives on Christmas morning?
2. What is Hagrid hiding in Chapter 14?
3. What does Harry see when he looks for the Sorcerer's Stone in Chapter 17?
4. What does Harry worry about constantly concerning the Sorcerer's Stone?
5. What must the young people do to get past the room after the keys in Chapter 16?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)