|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hagrid say the stranger in the card game asked him?
(a) About the basilisk.
(b) About Harry.
(c) About Dumbledore.
(d) About Fluffy.
2. Why does Ron sacrifice himself in Chapter 16?
(a) To block a teddy bear from killing Hermione.
(b) So the maze does not close behind them.
(c) So Harry can checkmate the king.
(d) To taste the chemical potion to see if it is correct.
3. Who else, in addition to Hermione and Harry, is in trouble for being out of his/her room in Chapter 15?
(c) No one.
4. How old is Nicolas Flamel?
(a) 225 years.
(b) 444 years.
(c) 665 years.
(d) 122 years.
5. What must the young people do to get past the room after the keys in Chapter 16?
(a) Battle the teddy bears.
(b) Successfully play a chess game.
(c) Create a chemical potion.
(d) Solve a maze.
6. Who has to serve detention with Harry, Neville and Hermione in Chapter 15?
(a) The Wesley twins.
(c) No one.
7. How does Hagrid acquire the object he is hiding in Chapter 14?
(a) Steals it from the parents in the Forbidden Forest.
(b) A stranger asks Hagrid to keep it for the stranger.
(c) His grandmother sends it to him.
(d) Won it in a card game.
8. Why does Ron have to stay in the hospital?
(a) His hand is getting worse.
(b) For observation as ewok venom can have a delayed reaction.
(c) His leg is actually broken.
(d) He does not have to do so.
9. Why do Ron and Hermione not worry about the Sorcerer's Stone?
(a) They think Voldemort will not be able to find a new body.
(b) They believe Dumbledore has everything under control.
(c) They think Flamel will come retrieve the stone soon.
(d) They think it is not really able to grant immortality.
10. What is Fluffy doing when Harry, Ron, and Hermione enter the room where he is in Chapter 16?
(a) Lunging at Professor Qirrell.
(b) Sniffing around the trap door.
(d) He's dead.
11. Where do Harry, Hermonie, Neville and Draco go with Hagrid in Chapter 15?
(a) The flying horse stalls.
(b) The Forbidden Forest.
(c) The Quidditch grounds.
(d) The green houses.
12. Which students go with Hagrid's dog in Chapter 15?
(a) Harry and Hermione.
(b) Hermione and Draco.
(c) Neville and Draco.
(d) Harry and Neville.
13. Who are Bane and Ronan?
(a) Hagrid's half brothers.
(b) Hagrid's cousins.
(c) Two centaurs.
(d) A centaur and a unicorn.
14. What does Malfoy consider doing about what he overheard in Chapter 14?
(a) Killing the ewok.
(b) Blackmailing Harry Potter.
(c) Blackmailing Hagrid.
(d) Reporting Hagrid.
15. What makes Harry pass out in Chapter 17?
(a) His scar burning.
(b) He does not pass out.
(c) From Quirrell choking him.
(d) He hyperventilates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione realize about the chamber filled with flying birds?
2. What is Percy's position at Hogwarts?
3. What do Harry, Ron, and Hermione think Dumbledore is doing for Flamel?
4. Why are Harry, Ron, and Hermione searching for information about a specific person in Chapter 12?
5. What section of the school does Harry go to while hiding under his invisibility cloak in Chapter 12?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)