|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermione realize about the chamber filled with flying birds?
(a) They are all keys.
(b) They are flying in a pattern.
(c) Some of them are missing.
(d) They are poisonous.
2. Who is Norbert?
(a) Hagrid's baby dragon.
(b) A ghost who lives in the boy's bathroom.
(c) The youngest student at Hogwarts.
(d) Filch's new cat.
3. What seems to be happening to Quirrell as the weeks pass?
(a) He gets more and more forgetful.
(b) He is more and more hostile to the students.
(c) He starts mumbling more and more to himself.
(d) He is losing weight.
4. What ultimately happens to the Sorcerer's Stone?
(a) Voldemort got away with it.
(b) Dumbledore now carries in a pouch around his neck.
(c) It is destroyed.
(d) It is put back at Gringott's.
5. About whom have Harry, Ron and Hermione been searching for information in Chapter 12?
6. With whom do Harry, Neville and Hermione have to serve detention in Chapter 15?
7. About what does Neville wish to warn Harry and his friends in Chapter 15?
(a) That Draco has a new bad-memory spell just for the three friends.
(b) That the dragon poison is worse than they knew.
(c) That Hagrid is in trouble for Ron's dragon bite.
(d) That Draco is trying to get Harry, Hermione and Ron expelled.
8. What is Hagrid's title?
(c) Game keeper.
(d) Professor of Botany.
9. Where does Harry go for the Christmas holidays?
(a) With Hermione.
(b) To stay with Hagrid.
(c) He stays in his room in Griffindor.
(d) To the Dursley's home.
10. What does Harry see when he looks for the Sorcerer's Stone in Chapter 17?
(a) He sees Hermione holding the stone.
(b) He sees himself holding the stone.
(c) He sees that the stone never has been at Hogwarts.
(d) He sees Dumbledore shaking his head.
11. Who left Harry the package with something that had belonged to Harry's father?
(a) The person does not say who s/he is.
(b) The Wesleys.
(c) The Dursleys.
12. What is behind Quirrell in Chapter 17?
(a) The Sorcerer's Stone.
(b) The mirror of Erised.
(c) Another Fluffy.
(d) Dumbledore tied up with magical rope.
13. Why do Ron and Hermione not worry about the Sorcerer's Stone?
(a) They think Voldemort will not be able to find a new body.
(b) They think Flamel will come retrieve the stone soon.
(c) They think it is not really able to grant immortality.
(d) They believe Dumbledore has everything under control.
14. Who, in Chapter 16, dismisses Harry's worries about the Sorcerer's Stone?
(a) Professor McGonagall.
(b) Professor Snape.
(c) Ron and Hermione.
(d) Professor Quirrell.
15. What color are the eyes in the face on the back of Quirrell's head?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fluffy doing when Harry, Ron, and Hermione enter the room where he is in Chapter 16?
2. Why isn't Ron going home for Christmas?
3. What section of the school does Harry go to while hiding under his invisibility cloak in Chapter 12?
4. Who will be refereeing the Quidditch school cup game?
5. How do the other students in Griffindor feels towards Neville, Harry, and Hermione the morning after McGonagall's punishment in Chapter 15?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)