|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Harry and Ron convince Hagrid to do in Chapter 14?
(a) Take the two boys for a ride on a winged horse.
(b) Give Norbert to Charlie.
(c) Hide the ewok in the forbidden forest.
(d) Tell Malfoy something misleading.
2. About what does Neville wish to warn Harry and his friends in Chapter 15?
(a) That Hagrid is in trouble for Ron's dragon bite.
(b) That Draco has a new bad-memory spell just for the three friends.
(c) That Draco is trying to get Harry, Hermione and Ron expelled.
(d) That the dragon poison is worse than they knew.
3. What relation is Fred to George?
(a) They do not know each other.
(c) Good friends from the time they met at Hogwarts several years ago.
(d) Twin brother.
4. Who are Bane and Ronan?
(a) Two centaurs.
(b) Hagrid's half brothers.
(c) A centaur and a unicorn.
(d) Hagrid's cousins.
5. With whom do Harry, Neville and Hermione have to serve detention in Chapter 15?
6. What does Dumbledore tell Harry about what Harry has found in Chapter 12?
(a) It will be gone the next day.
(b) It is not real and what Harry sees in it is not real.
(c) It was created by Voldemort.
(d) Harry can visit it as often as he likes.
7. Who wins House of the Year?
8. What does Malfoy consider doing about what he overheard in Chapter 14?
(a) Killing the ewok.
(b) Blackmailing Hagrid.
(c) Reporting Hagrid.
(d) Blackmailing Harry Potter.
9. Why does Ron sacrifice himself in Chapter 16?
(a) So the maze does not close behind them.
(b) To block a teddy bear from killing Hermione.
(c) To taste the chemical potion to see if it is correct.
(d) So Harry can checkmate the king.
10. What starts to plague Harry in Chapter 13?
(d) Voices in his head.
11. What does Hagrid say the stranger in the card game asked him?
(a) About Dumbledore.
(b) About Harry.
(c) About the basilisk.
(d) About Fluffy.
12. What does Harry discover when he sees the back of Quirrell's head in Chapter 17?
(a) That Quirrell has a bad leg.
(b) That Quirrell has a huge lump on his back.
(c) That Quirrell's head is empty.
(d) That Voldemort is part of Quirrell.
13. After leaving the room with the flying birds, what do the young people discover?
(a) A room with large teddy bears.
(b) A huge chessboard.
(c) That someone has smashed all the porcelain vases in the next room.
(d) That there are two doors to choose from for advancing further.
14. Who do Harry and Hermione encounter in the last chamber in Chapter 16?
15. What does Harry realize is in his pocket in Chapter 17?
(a) The Sorcerer's Stone.
(c) A snitch.
(d) A charm to counteract Quirrell's immobilization spell.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, how does Harry think Hagrid has been duped?
2. In Chapter 15, how many points does McGonagall deduct for each students' violation for being out after hours?
3. Who does Harry see in an abandoned classroom in Chapter 12?
4. What is Flamel credited with creating?
5. What is Hagrid hiding in Chapter 14?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)