|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Harry sleep at the Dursley's house?
(a) In Dudley's room.
(b) In the garage apartment.
(c) In a cupboard under the stairs.
(d) In the attic bedroom.
2. What is the characteristic(s) of the Slytherins?
(a) Cunning and ambitious.
3. What is the platform from which Harry must catch his train to school?
(b) 9 3/4.
(c) 4 3/4.
(d) 7 1/2.
4. Who is Fluffy?
(a) Hagrid's barn owl.
(b) A cat that used to be a dark arts witch.
(c) A newly born dragon.
(d) The three-headed dog.
5. What is Quidditch?
(a) A room in Hogwarts where students practice dangerous spells.
(b) A game where students ride unicorns.
(c) A wizarding game played in the air.
(d) An invisibility spell.
6. How did Harry's parents die?
(a) Car accident.
(b) Magic gone awry.
(c) Voldemort killed them.
(d) They are still alive but are held in Azkeban.
7. What is the tall man in robes carrying when he joins the cat that night in Chapter 1?
(a) A device that turns off the street lights.
(b) A device that throws a symbol in the sky.
(c) A small dragon.
(d) A lantern.
8. What list is Harry supposed to get in Chapter 5?
(a) A list of the clothing he would like to purchase for school.
(b) Something he has wanted for each birthday he that has not been celebrated.
(c) The required list for the school term.
(d) A list of all the times his aunt and uncle have been mean to him.
9. In which house is Draco Malfoy placed?
10. What is the characteristic(s) of the Gryffindors?
(c) Hard workers.
11. Whose robe does Hermione make burst into flames at a Quidditch match?
(b) No ones.
12. In which house is Harry Potter placed?
13. What has precipitated Hermione's friendship with Harry and Ron?
(a) Hagrid suggests it.
(b) Dumbledore asks her to be a steadying influence on the two boys.
(c) It stems from the incident with the troll.
(d) Malfoy has been harassing her.
14. What professor seems to have something against Harry Potter?
15. Where does the sorting ceremony take place?
(a) The lawn outside the main building at Hogwarts.
(b) Each year the ceremony is rotated among houses.
(c) In the great hall.
(d) Each house has its own area for the ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Hermione help Ron and Harry in Chapter 11?
2. What name do the oddly-dressed people in Chapter 1 mention that almost panics Mr. Dursley?
3. In Chapter 5, where does Hagrid say Harry and he must go for money?
4. To what does Malfoy challenge Harry in Chapter 9?
5. To what does the narrator compare Diagon Alley?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)