|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Dursleys act towards Harry in his last month there before school?
(a) They harass him constantly.
(b) They pretend he does not exist.
(c) They are overly friendly.
(d) They do not allow him to stay there.
2. What happens exactly at midnight in Chapter 3?
(a) A flock of bats invade the shack.
(b) The shack blows over.
(c) A piercing scream is heard.
(d) There is a pounding on the door.
3. Who are the Dursleys?
(a) Harry Potter's aunt and uncle.
(b) The heads of Diagon Alley.
(c) Cousins to the Grangers.
(d) A magician and his wife.
4. In what order are the new students called up for the sorting ceremony?
(b) By a ghost making the choices.
(c) By birthdate.
(d) By drawing lots.
5. How many years have passed in the opening of Chapter 2 since Harry was dropped off at the Dursleys?
6. What is a Nimbus Two Thousand?
(a) A potion.
(b) A wand.
(c) A wizard's ring.
(d) A broom.
7. What is a Snitch?
(a) A wizard who works undercover for Voldemort.
(b) A golden ball that has wings.
(c) A wizard who fries his wand through the dark arts.
(d) A black onyx duster ball.
8. Whose robe does Hermione make burst into flames at a Quidditch match?
(a) No ones.
9. What is in the Leaky Cauldron, which helps Harry and Hagrid get to where they are going?
(a) A porthole.
(b) A transformer.
(c) A huge skeleton key.
(d) A beam machine.
10. How did Harry's parents die?
(a) Voldemort killed them.
(b) They are still alive but are held in Azkeban.
(c) Magic gone awry.
(d) Car accident.
11. What is the characteristic(s) of the Slytherins?
(d) Cunning and ambitious.
12. What is the characteristic(s) of the Ravenclaws?
(d) Witty and smart.
13. How does Harry shock Draco in Chapter 9?
(a) By telling Professor McGonagall on him.
(b) By chasing Draco on a broom.
(c) By breaking Draco's wand.
(d) By slapping Draco.
14. What does the "sorting ceremony" do?
(a) Sorts the various abilities of the witches.
(b) Decides who goes into advanced coursework.
(c) Decides what house each student is assigned.
(d) Sorts out the type of wands each student is assigned.
15. What is the tall man in robes carrying when he joins the cat that night in Chapter 1?
(a) A device that throws a symbol in the sky.
(b) A device that turns off the street lights.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A small dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dudley?
2. In Chapter 5, where does Hagrid say Harry and he must go for money?
3. With what does Hermione help Ron and Harry in Chapter 11?
4. Why does Mr. Dursley nail up the windows and doors on the house?
5. In Chapter 3, when is Harry's next birthday?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)