|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Dursleys act towards Harry in his last month there before school?
(a) They harass him constantly.
(b) They are overly friendly.
(c) They do not allow him to stay there.
(d) They pretend he does not exist.
2. What does the Slytherin team do a lot of during the Quidditch match in Chapter 11?
(a) Give up points.
(b) Lose the ball.
(c) Fall off their brooms.
3. Who is Mrs. Norris?
(a) The caretaker's cat.
(b) The main cook.
(c) Griffindor's housekeeper.
(d) Slytherin's housekeeper.
4. What word does Harry hear in the train station that makes him follow a large family?
(c) Dark arts.
5. Why does Mr. Dursley nail up the windows and doors on the house?
(a) There is a hurricane coming.
(b) To keep letters addressed to Harry from getting inside.
(c) To escape a locust hoard.
(d) To keep the roaches out.
6. To what does the narrator compare Diagon Alley?
(a) A muggy strip mall.
(b) A festival.
(c) A black corridor.
(d) A carnival of lights.
7. How is the letter addressed that arrives for Harry at the Dursley's home?
(a) To Harry Potter in the smallest bedroom.
(b) To Mr. and Mrs. Dursley.
(c) To Harry Potter in the best bedroom.
(d) To Harry Potter in exile.
8. What makes Harry think that the strange events the night of his birthday were not a dream?
(a) Dumbledore is snoring while levitated slightly off the floor.
(b) Professor McGonagall is making breakfast.
(c) A frog talks to him when he wakes.
(d) Hagrid is sleeping on the couch.
9. What has started now that it's November on Chapter 11?
(a) Quidditch season.
(b) Students pledging to groups.
(c) A new creatures course.
(d) Getting ready for mid-terms.
10. Who knocks the door to the shack off its hinges in Chapter 4?
(a) The storm.
(b) A member of the swat team.
(c) A motorcycle gang.
11. What do Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville find when they go inside a room to hide from Filch in Chapter 9?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A three-headed watchdog.
(c) A mirror that reflects their inner thoughts.
(d) An old wizard journal.
12. Who do Ron and Harry visit during the first week of class that raises Harry's mood?
(b) The herbal nursery.
13. Who are the Dursleys?
(a) Cousins to the Grangers.
(b) The heads of Diagon Alley.
(c) A magician and his wife.
(d) Harry Potter's aunt and uncle.
14. What is Griffindor's final score in the Quidditch match against Slytherin in Chapter 11?
15. What establishment is run by goblins?
(a) The pub.
(b) The wand store.
(c) The bank.
(d) The bakery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Harry's aunt and uncle move Harry into a bedroom in Chapter 3?
2. What does McGonagall tell Oliver Wood about Harry Potter?
3. Why are Harry and Dudley going to different schools?
4. How does Hermione keep Harry and Ron from getting in trouble in Chapter 10?
5. To what does Malfoy challenge Harry in Chapter 9?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)