|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "sorting ceremony" do?
(a) Sorts out the type of wands each student is assigned.
(b) Decides who goes into advanced coursework.
(c) Sorts the various abilities of the witches.
(d) Decides what house each student is assigned.
2. How does Harry catch the Snitch in Chapter 11?
(a) In his mouth.
(b) In his jacket.
(c) He is unable to catch the Snith.
(d) Hanging on to his broom with one hand and both feet dangling.
3. In which house is Draco Malfoy placed?
4. Who does Hermione accidentally knock over in Chapter 11?
(a) Professor Quirrell.
5. How does Hermione keep Harry and Ron from getting in trouble in Chapter 10?
(a) She hides them with an invisibility spell.
(b) She distracts the professors so Harry and Ron can get to Griffindor.
(c) She is unable to convince the Headmaster not to punish the two boys.
(d) She tells the professors that the two boys saved her from the troll.
6. Why are Harry and Dudley going to different schools?
(a) Dudley will attend a private school, and Harry the public school.
(b) They are in different grades.
(c) Dudley does not qualify for the magnet school Harry will attend.
(d) Harry declined to go to the private school Dudley will attend.
7. Who is Professor McGonagall disguised as in Chapter 1?
(a) A phoenix.
(b) A cat.
(c) A hen.
(d) A dragon.
8. Whose robe does Hermione make burst into flames at a Quidditch match?
(d) No ones.
9. Who is Hedwig?
(a) The neighbor's elderly mother.
(b) Harry's new owl.
(c) Dudley's gerbil.
(d) The neighbor's pig.
10. What makes Harry's aunt and uncle move Harry into a bedroom in Chapter 3?
(a) The cupboard is roach infested.
(b) Harry receives a letter that upsets them.
(c) They feel badly for their actions.
(d) They are remodeling the stairs.
11. What do Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville find when they go inside a room to hide from Filch in Chapter 9?
(a) An old wizard journal.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A three-headed watchdog.
(d) A mirror that reflects their inner thoughts.
12. What has Professor Snape acquired in Chapter 11?
(a) A mysterious limp.
(b) A new miniature dragon.
(c) A mysterious companion.
(d) A strange cape.
13. What is a Nimbus Two Thousand?
(a) A wizard's ring.
(b) A wand.
(c) A potion.
(d) A broom.
14. What is Griffindor's final score in the Quidditch match against Slytherin in Chapter 11?
15. How do the Dursleys act towards Harry in his last month there before school?
(a) They pretend he does not exist.
(b) They harass him constantly.
(c) They are overly friendly.
(d) They do not allow him to stay there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Neville break his wrist?
2. Who is Dudley?
3. What does Mr. Dursley notice happening in broad daylight?
4. Where does Harry sleep at the Dursley's house?
5. What happens after Hermione lights someone's robes on fire during a quidditch match?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)