|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry converse with in Chapter 1 after Dudley awakened it?
(a) A caterpillar.
(b) An owl.
(c) A snake.
(d) A rat.
2. To what does Malfoy challenge Harry in Chapter 9?
(a) A worm-eating contest.
(b) A wizard duel.
(c) A writing contest.
(d) A card game.
3. What does Hagrid pull out of his coat in Chapter 5?
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A document.
(d) An owl.
4. What is the tall man in robes carrying when he joins the cat that night in Chapter 1?
(a) A device that turns off the street lights.
(b) A lantern.
(c) A small dragon.
(d) A device that throws a symbol in the sky.
5. Who is Oliver Wood?
(a) The potions professor.
(b) The captain of the Quidditch team.
(c) The defense against the dark arts professor.
(d) The caretaker.
6. What assertion by Hermione, Harry, and Ron does Hagrid vehemently deny in Chapter 11?
(a) That Snape is trying to steal what Fluffy is guarding.
(b) That the thing Fluffy is guarding belongs to Voldemort.
(c) That Snape is a spy for Valdemort.
(d) That Hagrid has allowed a new dragon to hatch.
7. In Chapter 3, when is Harry's next birthday?
(a) The next day after they arrive on the island.
(b) No one knows when Harry was born.
(c) It was just past a few weeks ago.
(d) In two months.
8. Who is Hedwig?
(a) Dudley's gerbil.
(b) The neighbor's pig.
(c) Harry's new owl.
(d) The neighbor's elderly mother.
9. What is Griffindor's final score in the Quidditch match against Slytherin in Chapter 11?
10. Who do Ron and Harry visit during the first week of class that raises Harry's mood?
(d) The herbal nursery.
11. What odd thing does Mr. Dursley notice a cat seeming to be doing?
(a) Breathing fire.
(b) Talking to the parrot.
(c) Playing with the dog.
(d) Reading a newspaper.
12. What makes Harry think that the strange events the night of his birthday were not a dream?
(a) A frog talks to him when he wakes.
(b) Hagrid is sleeping on the couch.
(c) Dumbledore is snoring while levitated slightly off the floor.
(d) Professor McGonagall is making breakfast.
13. What is the characteristic(s) of the Slytherins?
(c) Cunning and ambitious.
14. About what is Malfoy disappointed in Chapter 9?
(a) That Hermione is not interested in him.
(b) That his father is not coming to the first Quidditch match.
(c) That Harry and his friends were not caught out late at night and expelled.
(d) That Harry beats him in the challenge.
15. What happens exactly at midnight in Chapter 3?
(a) A flock of bats invade the shack.
(b) There is a pounding on the door.
(c) A piercing scream is heard.
(d) The shack blows over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the characteristic(s) of the Ravenclaws?
2. What does Hermione see when she scans the crowd with Hagrid's binoculars during the Quidditch match between Griffindor and Slytherin?
3. How do the Dursleys act towards Harry in his last month there before school?
4. What do Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville find when they go inside a room to hide from Filch in Chapter 9?
5. Who is Dudley?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)