|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Malfoy disappointed in Chapter 9?
(a) That Harry beats him in the challenge.
(b) That Hermione is not interested in him.
(c) That Harry and his friends were not caught out late at night and expelled.
(d) That his father is not coming to the first Quidditch match.
2. Who is Dudley?
(a) Harry's best friend.
(b) Another budding magician.
(c) Harry's cousin.
(d) The father of Harry.
3. What does McGonagall tell Oliver Wood about Harry Potter?
(a) Harry's potions grade must go up.
(b) Harry may not play Quidditch the first year.
(c) Harry is to be the new seeker for Griffindor.
(d) Harry is inept on the broom.
4. What is a Snitch?
(a) A golden ball that has wings.
(b) A wizard who works undercover for Voldemort.
(c) A black onyx duster ball.
(d) A wizard who fries his wand through the dark arts.
5. How can a Quidditch team automatically win a Quidditch match?
(a) If the Seeker avoids the duster five times.
(b) If the other team intentionally knocks someone off their broom.
(c) If the Seeker catches the Snitch.
(d) If the other team fails to have the right number of players on the field at the start.
6. How do the Dursleys view themselves?
(a) As the best magicians of the century.
(b) As laughable.
(c) As beyond reproach.
(d) As mean-spirited.
7. How does Neville break his wrist?
(a) A small dragon bites it.
(b) Falling off a broom in broom-flying lessons.
(c) In a fight with Oliver Wood.
(d) He trips when he's walking with a girl he likes.
8. What does the "sorting ceremony" do?
(a) Decides what house each student is assigned.
(b) Decides who goes into advanced coursework.
(c) Sorts the various abilities of the witches.
(d) Sorts out the type of wands each student is assigned.
9. What has started now that it's November on Chapter 11?
(a) Students pledging to groups.
(b) Getting ready for mid-terms.
(c) Quidditch season.
(d) A new creatures course.
10. What happens exactly at midnight in Chapter 3?
(a) The shack blows over.
(b) A piercing scream is heard.
(c) There is a pounding on the door.
(d) A flock of bats invade the shack.
11. How does Harry shock Draco in Chapter 9?
(a) By chasing Draco on a broom.
(b) By telling Professor McGonagall on him.
(c) By breaking Draco's wand.
(d) By slapping Draco.
12. What name do the oddly-dressed people in Chapter 1 mention that almost panics Mr. Dursley?
13. What is the characteristic(s) of the Hufflepuffs?
(c) Honest and hard workers.
(d) Physically hardy.
14. Who is Fluffy?
(a) The three-headed dog.
(b) Hagrid's barn owl.
(c) A cat that used to be a dark arts witch.
(d) A newly born dragon.
15. Who is Oliver Wood?
(a) The captain of the Quidditch team.
(b) The potions professor.
(c) The defense against the dark arts professor.
(d) The caretaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare Diagon Alley?
2. In Chapter 3, when is Harry's next birthday?
3. What establishment is run by goblins?
4. What does the Slytherin team do a lot of during the Quidditch match in Chapter 11?
5. What is the tall man in robes carrying when he joins the cat that night in Chapter 1?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)