|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville find when they go inside a room to hide from Filch in Chapter 9?
(a) An old wizard journal.
(b) A mirror that reflects their inner thoughts.
(c) A three-headed watchdog.
(d) A dragon.
2. What list is Harry supposed to get in Chapter 5?
(a) The required list for the school term.
(b) A list of the clothing he would like to purchase for school.
(c) A list of all the times his aunt and uncle have been mean to him.
(d) Something he has wanted for each birthday he that has not been celebrated.
3. To what does the narrator compare Diagon Alley?
(a) A muggy strip mall.
(b) A black corridor.
(c) A carnival of lights.
(d) A festival.
4. Who is Hedwig?
(a) The neighbor's pig.
(b) The neighbor's elderly mother.
(c) Harry's new owl.
(d) Dudley's gerbil.
5. With what does Hermione help Ron and Harry in Chapter 11?
(a) Interceding with Snape.
(b) Planning ways to best Malfoy.
(c) Their homework.
(d) Tuning up Harry's broom and Ron's wand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the letter addressed that arrives for Harry at the Dursley's home?
2. What does Harry discover in Chapter 11 about the three-headed dog?
3. In Chapter 5, where does Hagrid say Harry and he must go for money?
4. What relationship is Lily to the Dursleys?
5. What is the platform from which Harry must catch his train to school?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)