|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 - 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name do the oddly-dressed people in Chapter 1 mention that almost panics Mr. Dursley?
2. How are the Dursleys described at the beginning of the book?
(a) As generous.
(b) As totally evil.
(c) As uptight.
(d) As kind.
3. What relationship is Lily to the Dursleys?
(a) Petunia's sister.
(b) Peturnia's cousin.
(c) Vernon's sister.
(d) No relation.
4. Who is Professor McGonagall disguised as in Chapter 1?
(a) A cat.
(b) A hen.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A phoenix.
5. What is the tall man in robes carrying when he joins the cat that night in Chapter 1?
(a) A device that turns off the street lights.
(b) A lantern.
(c) A small dragon.
(d) A device that throws a symbol in the sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knocks the door to the shack off its hinges in Chapter 4?
2. What comes out of the chimney one Sunday at the Dursley's home?
3. Who are the Dursleys?
4. What does Mr. Dursley do when something happens at midnight on Harry's birthday?
5. How did Harry get the scar on his forehead?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)