|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare Diagon Alley?
(a) A black corridor.
(b) A carnival of lights.
(c) A festival.
(d) A muggy strip mall.
2. What list is Harry supposed to get in Chapter 5?
(a) Something he has wanted for each birthday he that has not been celebrated.
(b) The required list for the school term.
(c) A list of the clothing he would like to purchase for school.
(d) A list of all the times his aunt and uncle have been mean to him.
3. How does Harry catch the Snitch in Chapter 11?
(a) In his mouth.
(b) Hanging on to his broom with one hand and both feet dangling.
(c) He is unable to catch the Snith.
(d) In his jacket.
4. What assertion by Hermione, Harry, and Ron does Hagrid vehemently deny in Chapter 11?
(a) That Snape is trying to steal what Fluffy is guarding.
(b) That Snape is a spy for Valdemort.
(c) That Hagrid has allowed a new dragon to hatch.
(d) That the thing Fluffy is guarding belongs to Voldemort.
5. What does Hagrid pull out of his coat in Chapter 5?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) An owl.
(c) A document.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry discover in Chapter 11 about the three-headed dog?
2. How do the Dursleys act towards Harry in his last month there before school?
3. What do Harry and Ron convince Hagrid to do in Chapter 14?
4. What has precipitated Hermione's friendship with Harry and Ron?
5. How long is it before finals when the three friends discover Hagrid is hiding something?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)