Chapters 1 - 2
• Mr. Dursley sees odd occurrences on the way to work. He sees owls flying overhead, a cat reading a newspaper, and strangely dress people standing on street corners.
• Mr. Dursley hears a conversation between a group of the people and they mention the name Potter, which sends Mr. Dursley into a near panic.
• After the Dursleys have gone to bed, a tall man in a long robe puts out all the street lights with a device. A cat transforms into a severe-looking old woman.
• The robed man is Professor Albus Dumbledore and the woman is Professor McGonagall; they discuss the death of James and Lilly Potter.
• The Potters were murdered by a dark wizard named Voldemort, but their infant son, Harry Potter, survived the attack. Voldemort has disappeared.
• Dumbledore has come to Number 4, Privet Drive to bring the infant, Harry, to live in hiding with the...
This section contains 4,101 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)