|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delays Ron from returning to Harry and Hermione?
2. How do Harry, Ron and Hermione learn the truth about Albus Dumbledore's family?
3. How do Harry, Ron and Hermione get off the dragon's back?
4. For whose child does Harry become godfather?
5. What does Harry want Griphook to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alberforth Dumbledore tell Harry, Hermione and Ron about his sister, Ariana?
2. Describe the encounter with Crabbe, Goyle and Draco and the destruction of the diadem.
3. Briefly related the "Tale of the Three Brothers."
4. What is the agreement Harry and Griphook make?
5. After jumping off the dragon, what does Harry see with his connection with Voldemort?
6. What does Harry learn about the diadem as others are fighting the Death Eaters at Hogwarts?
7. What does Harry figure out about the Elder wand and what does he see Voldemort do in relation to the Elder wand?
8. Describe the encounter with Nagini.
9. What happens to Severius Snape.
10. How does Ron find Harry and Hermione?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is a successful novel. Explain your rationale with specific examples.
3. Do you think the fact that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows falls within the genre of fantasy changes the criteria upon which its success should be judged? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast Harry Potter's world to that of "real" life. What are the advantages to each world? The disadvantages?
2. In which world would you rather live in if you possess no magical abilities? Explain your response.
3. In which world would you rather live in if you possess magical abilities and Voldemort is the ruler of the world where you could practice magic? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 3
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is one book in a series of novels involving Harry Potter and many of the other characters.
1. What are two advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
2. What are two disadvantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
3. Do you prefer to read a standalone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
4. Do you think it is easier or more difficult (or about the same) to write a standalone book versus one in a series? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,496 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)