|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is the Weasley son getting married?
2. What does Harry tell Tonk's father?
3. Who finds Harry?
4. Who do they think the Death Eaters will most likely think is the real Harry Potter?
5. What has Ron given red hair and pustules?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Harry and Hermione decide to go and why?
2. What do Harry, Ron and Hermione plan and why does this upset Ron's mother ?
3. Describe Harry Potter.
4. What happens to Harry, Hermione and Ron as they sit in an empty diner in the muggle world?
5. Describe the encounter with Nagini.
6. How do Harry, Ron and Hermione escape from Gringotts after being discovered?
7. Why does Hermione put the picture of Phineas Nigellus in her handbag?
8. What happens right after Harry and Hagrid crash?
9. Describe how Harry ends up with the Sword of Gryffindor.
10. What does Dumbledore tell Harry about Voldemort and Harry's connection?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast Harry Potter's world to that of "real" life. What are the advantages to each world? The disadvantages?
2. In which world would you rather live in if you possess no magical abilities? Explain your response.
3. In which world would you rather live in if you possess magical abilities and Voldemort is the ruler of the world where you could practice magic? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. What is a plot? What are the most important elements of a plot and their definition? Do all novels have a plot? Why or why not?
2. Write a brief synopsis of the plot of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, identifying where the various elements of the plot occur (Exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution or denouement). Do you find it difficult to identify the plot? Why or why not? What about the various elements of the plot?
3. Identify the major sub-plots and their elements (They may not contain every element of a major plot). Do the sub-plots add to the main plot? Why or why not. Are the sub-plots interesting in and of themselves? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 3
In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, as in many fantasy books, magic is an integral part of the story. Discuss the following:
1. Define and analyze the principles and use of magic in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Who can use it? Are there limitations? Can magic accomplish anything? Are there things that are forbidden to do?
2. How has Voldemort violated the restrictions put on the use of magic? Do you think the restrictions are just or wise?
3. Are all magic users equally strong? Why do you think a wand is required to use the magic?
4. Name and explain four of the spells used in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
This section contains 3,773 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)