|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are most of the guests disapperating?
2. What do Harry, Ron, and Hermione begin doing at Ron's house?
3. For what is Viktor Krum famous?
4. Why does Harry use polyjuice for the wedding?
5. What does Harry realize about the trials of muggle-born wizards?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Harry, Hermione and Ron as they sit in an empty diner in the muggle world?
2. Where do Harry and Hagrid go after recovering from the crash and how do they get there?
3. What are some things Harry packs as he prepares to leave his Uncle's house?
4. What does Harry learn and find at Delores Umbridge's office?
5. Upon what do Harry and Hermione disagree?
6. What is a Horocrux and how is one destroyed? Does this present any problems for the three young people?
7. What do Harry, Ron and Hermione plan and why does this upset Ron's mother ?
8. What two things does Harry find when he goes to Grimmauld Place?
9. Why does Hermione put the picture of Phineas Nigellus in her handbag?
10. Who appears at Harry's birthday dinner and what does he want?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, like many, and perhaps a majority, of novels ends on a happy note. Discuss the following:
1. Why do you think many (most?) people want what they perceive as a happy or good ending to a novel? Explain your opinion. Do you? Why or why not?
2. What are three reasons to read fiction? Discuss each one in light of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and whether or not it fulfills all three, two or one of the reasons you mention. Give examples as to why Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is or is not successful in fulfilling the reasons you discuss.
3. Do you think reading solely for entertainment is as good a reason to read as any other? Why or why not? Can any work of fiction or non-fiction, no matter how poorly written, enlighten, teach, stimulate thought? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, as in many fantasy books, magic is an integral part of the story. Discuss the following:
1. Define and analyze the principles and use of magic in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Who can use it? Are there limitations? Can magic accomplish anything? Are there things that are forbidden to do?
2. How has Voldemort violated the restrictions put on the use of magic? Do you think the restrictions are just or wise?
3. Are all magic users equally strong? Why do you think a wand is required to use the magic?
4. Name and explain four of the spells used in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast Harry Potter's world to that of "real" life. What are the advantages to each world? The disadvantages?
2. In which world would you rather live in if you possess no magical abilities? Explain your response.
3. In which world would you rather live in if you possess magical abilities and Voldemort is the ruler of the world where you could practice magic? Explain your response.
This section contains 1,314 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)