|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the protective barriers around the Burrow?
2. Why are most of the guests disapperating?
3. Which one of the Weasley's is getting married?
4. Who is named headmaster at Hogwarts?
5. What does Harry learn about Professor Dumbledore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrives during the reception and what is the message?
2. Where do Harry and Hagrid go after recovering from the crash and how do they get there?
3. What does Kreacher relate to the trio about the locket?
4. Upon what do Harry and Hermione disagree?
5. What are the articles about that Harry is reading, and why do his reading disturb him?
6. What happens to Harry, Hermione and Ron as they sit in an empty diner in the muggle world?
7. How does Ron dress their house ghoul and why?
8. What happens right after Harry and Hagrid crash?
9. How do Harry and the others release some of the muggle born people at the Ministry?
10. Why are Harry, Hermione and Ron watching the ministry and how do they finally get into the ministry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, as in many fantasy books, magic is an integral part of the story. Discuss the following:
1. Define and analyze the principles and use of magic in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Who can use it? Are there limitations? Can magic accomplish anything? Are there things that are forbidden to do?
2. How has Voldemort violated the restrictions put on the use of magic? Do you think the restrictions are just or wise?
3. Are all magic users equally strong? Why do you think a wand is required to use the magic?
4. Name and explain four of the spells used in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast Harry Potter's world to that of "real" life. What are the advantages to each world? The disadvantages?
2. In which world would you rather live in if you possess no magical abilities? Explain your response.
3. In which world would you rather live in if you possess magical abilities and Voldemort is the ruler of the world where you could practice magic? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. What is a plot? What are the most important elements of a plot and their definition? Do all novels have a plot? Why or why not?
2. Write a brief synopsis of the plot of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, identifying where the various elements of the plot occur (Exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution or denouement). Do you find it difficult to identify the plot? Why or why not? What about the various elements of the plot?
3. Identify the major sub-plots and their elements (They may not contain every element of a major plot). Do the sub-plots add to the main plot? Why or why not. Are the sub-plots interesting in and of themselves? Why or why not.
This section contains 1,245 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)