|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scorpius say Cedric Diggory became as a result of being humiliated out of the Triwizard Tournament in Act III, Scene 5?
(a) A Death Eater.
(b) A vampire.
(c) A Grand Wizard.
(d) A hero.
2. The second task for those competing in the Triwizard Tournament is to retrieve something stolen from the contestants. What does that "something" turn out to be?
(a) Rings of power.
(b) People they loved.
(c) Magical wands.
(d) Golden eggs.
3. Who claims in Act II, Scene 11 of Albus, "He hates Gryffindor and everyone knows it"?
(a) Polly Chapman.
(b) Madam Hooch.
(c) Severus Snape.
(d) Aunt Petunia.
4. What is the setting established in the stage directions for Act II, Scene 16?
(a) Hogwarts, Library.
(b) Godric's Hollow.
(c) Forbidden Forest.
(d) Privet Drive, Cupboard Under the Stars.
5. What setting is described for Act III, Scene 2 in the stage directions?
(a) Hogwarts, Headmistress's Office.
(b) Hogworts, Grounds.
(c) Harry and Ginny Potter's House, Staircase.
(d) Forbidden Forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ron eating in the beginning of Act III, Scene 17?
2. What is Harry's response when Ginny asks him in Act III, Scene 13, "Harry, is Albus still in danger?"
3. What is Draco's response when Scorpius asks him in Act III, Scene 3, "I've done bad things, you've done worse. What have we become, Dad?"
4. Who has apparently been completing Scorpius's homework for him in Act III, Scene 4?
5. What "sacred pledge" does the Headmistress avow in the end of Act III, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Scorpius relate to Severus Snape in Act III, Scene 5?
2. Who is Dolores Umbridge and how has her position changed in Act III, Scene 1?
3. What spell does Albus perform when he and Scorpius go back in time in Act II, Scene 20? Why?
4. What is significant about the salute repeated by the characters in Act III, Scene 1?
5. What demand does Harry make of Professor McGonagall in Act II, Scene 10?
6. What is revealed by the prophesy in Act III, Scene 21? What does this signify?
7. What is said in the exchange between Albus and Harry in Act III, Scene 11?
8. What setting is described in Act III, Scene 20? How do Albus and Scorpius escape this setting?
9. How does Scorpius describe the alternate universe where he landed in Act III, Scene 14? What does he propose to do about the Time-Turner?
10. What is relayed to the audience through subtext in Act II, Scene 17?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)