1. According to the narrator in Chapter 1: “The Quarter,” Chesapeake Bay forms the western boundary of the section of Maryland that is sometimes called what?
The Eastern Shore.
2. In what year was Harriet Tubman born?
3. On whose plantation was Harriet Tubman born?
4. In what county was Harriet Tubman born?
5. One of Maryland’s boundaries is a river. What was this river called?
Big Buckwater River.
6. What was the nearest village to the plantation where Harriet Tubman was born?
7. How many rooms comprised the cabins in the slave quarters where Harriet Tubman was born?
8. Harriet Greene was usually called what, according to the narrator inChapter 1: “The Quarter”?
This section contains 4,670 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)