|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21: "With the Union Army".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The office of the Philadelphia Vigilance Committee was located upstairs in what building?
(a) The Lebanon Seminary.
(b) Faneuil Hall.
(c) The Governor’s Mansion.
(d) The Thompson Theatre.
2. Approximately how old was Peter Pennington described as in the wanted poster in Chapter 18: “A Wagon Load of Bricks”?
3. When was Thomas Sims arrested, according to the author in Chapter 13: “The Legend of Moses”?
(a) April 3, 1851.
(b) June 22, 1847.
(c) October 14, 1854.
(d) March 11, 1852.
4. Harriet was how old in the summer of 1826?
5. Where did Denmark Vesey and his followers plan to kill all of the white people, according to the narrator in Chapter 2: “The First Years”?
(a) Birmingham, Alabama.
(b) Bucktown, Maryland.
(c) Schenectady, New York.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harriet discovered that Old Rit had originally been willed to a young woman on the condition that she be freed at what age in Chapter 9: “The Patchwork Quilt”?
2. How much wood did Harriet usually cut per day as a part of her father’s team in Chapter 8: “Minta Becomes Harriet”?
3. Who served as a watchdog and guardian of runaway slaves in Ripley, according to the author in Chapter 6: “The Underground Road”?
4. What was the name of Miss Susan’s visiting sister in Chapter 5: “Flight”?
5. Who told Harriet in Chapter 20: “The Lecture Platform” that he had a letter from Franklin Sanborn relating John Brown’s goal of obtaining recruits in Canada?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)