|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21: "With the Union Army".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had won the Republican nomination for the presidential election in 1860?
(a) Jefferson Davis.
(b) John Wilkes Booth.
(c) Henry Clay.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
2. Thomas Sims was ordered to be returned to his owner where, according to the author in Chapter 13: “The Legend of Moses”?
(d) North Carolina.
3. How old was Harriet when her father told her “Hat, you walk like a Injun” in Chapter 8: “Minta Becomes Harriet”?
4. What did Harriet do when one of the slaves started to turn back on her trip to Canada in Chapter 15: “Go On or Die”?
(a) She gave him money to return.
(b) She called the police.
(c) She told him she’d whip him.
(d) She threatened to shoot him.
5. Nat Turner was a slave where, according to the author in Chapter 6: “The Underground Road”?
(a) Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Southampton, Virginia.
(d) Macon, Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harriet Tubman worked a summer where to save her money to go South and persuade John Tubman to join her in the North?
2. What was the chief crop on the Eastern shore at the time when Harriet was hired out in Chapter 4: “Hired Out”?
3. Harriet discovered that Old Rit had originally been willed to a young woman on the condition that she be freed at what age in Chapter 9: “The Patchwork Quilt”?
4. Old Rit and Ben were arguing when Harriet arrived with the wagon in Chapter 19: “The Old Folks Go North” because Old Rit wanted to bring what along?
5. Tice Davids planned to cross what river in Ripley, according to the author in Chapter 6: “The Underground Road”?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)