|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18: "A Wagon Load of Bricks".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says in Chapter 2: “The First Years” that “Like all the other babies in the quarter, Harriet Ross cut her first teeth on” what?
(a) “Stale bread.”
(b) “A slice of apple.”
(c) “Beef ribs.”
(d) “A piece of pork rind.”
2. Who served as a watchdog and guardian of runaway slaves in Ripley, according to the author in Chapter 6: “The Underground Road”?
(a) Reverend J.W. Loguen.
(b) Reverend Samuel Cornish.
(c) Reverend John Rankin.
(d) Reverend Theodore Parker.
3. In what year was Harriet Ross married to John Tubman?
4. What year was it that Harriet started wearing a bandana, according to the author in Chapter 6: “The Underground Road”?
5. What name was Harriet Tubman called as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did Reverend Theodore Parker write a letter to Millard Fillmore in Chapter 12: “Freedom’s Clothes”?
2. What was the name of the slave trader that Harriet and her brothers were sold to in Chapter 7: “Shuck this Corn”?
3. What year was it when the woman wearing the faded sunbonnet stopped and spoke to Harriet in Chapter 10: “A Glory Over Everything”?
4. According to the author in Chapter 8: “Minta Becomes Harriet,” when Harriet would think of running away, what would stop her?
5. Where did Harriet Tubman find work as a cook in Philadelphia in Chapter 11: “Stranger in a Strange Land”?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)