|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18: "A Wagon Load of Bricks".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Denmark Vesey and his followers plan to kill all of the white people, according to the narrator in Chapter 2: “The First Years”?
(a) Birmingham, Alabama.
(b) Bucktown, Maryland.
(c) Schenectady, New York.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
2. Franklin Pierce was a United States President during what years?
3. The narrator says in Chapter 2: “The First Years” that “Like all the other babies in the quarter, Harriet Ross cut her first teeth on” what?
(a) “Stale bread.”
(b) “A slice of apple.”
(c) “A piece of pork rind.”
(d) “Beef ribs.”
4. One of Maryland’s boundaries is a river. What was this river called?
(a) The Niagara River.
(b) The Delaware River.
(c) The Potomac River.
(d) Big Buckwater River.
5. Harriet told the slave fugitives about William Garrett where on their journey to Canada in Chapter 14: “The Railroad Runs to Canada”?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in Chapter 2: “The First Years,” Denmark Vesey quoted the following from what book in the Old Testament before the resurrection: “Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee”?
2. Where did Harriet and her fugitive group stop to spend a night and part of the day as they made their way North in Chapter 17: “Moses Arrives with Six Passengers”?
3. How many rooms comprised the cabins in the slave quarters where Harriet Tubman was born?
4. When did the American Revolutionary War take place?
5. The man who was to oversee the plantation after Edward Brodas’s death was a minister where?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)