|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18: "A Wagon Load of Bricks".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomas Jefferson composed the initial draft of what famous document?
(a) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(b) The Declaration of Independence.
(c) The Bill of Rights.
(d) The Magna Carta.
2. Who said in Chapter 18: “A Wagon Load of Bricks,” “I’ll wade no freezin’ water for no crazy woman”?
(a) Theodore Parker.
(b) William Still.
(c) Peter Pennington.
(d) Henry Clay.
3. How much money did William R. Hughlett pay for Joe Bailey, according to the author in Chapter 18: “A Wagon Load of Bricks”?
4. On what day did two of Harriet’s sisters leave with the chain-gang in Chapter 10: “A Glory Over Everything”?
5. What were the names of the strangers from Cambridge who joined the fugitive party led by Harriet going North in Chapter 16: “Be Ready to Step on Board”?
(a) Peter Jackson and John Chase.
(b) Franklin B. Sanborn and Charles Nalle.
(c) J. Miller McKim and Peter Pennington.
(d) John Bowley and J. Miller McKim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Harriet that Edward Brodas had died in Chapter 7: “Shuck this Corn”?
2. How old was Harriet when “the whispering about freedom increased,” according to the narrator in Chapter 2: “The First Years”?
3. How old was Harriet when her father told her “Hat, you walk like a Injun” in Chapter 8: “Minta Becomes Harriet”?
4. According to the author in Chapter 8: “Minta Becomes Harriet,” when Harriet would think of running away, what would stop her?
5. What is described in Chapter 3: “Six Years Old” as “the star that stayed constant, not rising in the east and setting in the west as other stars appeared to do”?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)