|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: "Go On or Die".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was The Liberator published?
(a) Cleveland, Ohio.
(b) Southampton, Virginia.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
2. What year was it when Harriet Tubman reached Pennsylvania?
3. Harriet Tubman returned to Dorchester County in the spring of what year in Chapter 12: “Freedom’s Clothes”?
4. Tice Davids was a slave that ran away from his owner where?
(a) In Georgia.
(b) In Mississippi.
(c) In Alabama.
(d) In Kentucky.
5. Who was the secretary of the Philadelphia Vigilance Committee when Harriet first visited it in Chapter 11: “Stranger in a Strange Land”?
(a) John A. Andrew.
(b) Jacob Jackson.
(c) William Still.
(d) J. Miller McKim.
Short Answer Questions
1. The office of the Philadelphia Vigilance Committee was located upstairs in what building?
2. Miss Susan returned Harriet to the Brodas plantation, saying that she wasn’t worth what in Chapter 6: “The Underground Road”?
3. How many slaves were in the party that Harriet planned to take to Canada in the beginning of Chapter 14: “The Railroad Runs to Canada”?
4. Who was to oversee the plantation after Edward Brodas died?
5. Harriet discovered that Old Rit had originally been willed to a young woman named what in Chapter 9: “The Patchwork Quilt”?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)