|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: "Go On or Die".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month was it that Harriet was leading the fugitives to Canada in the beginning of Chapter 15: “Go On or Die”?
2. What Secretary of State was persuaded in 1826 to ask the Canadian government to work out a plan to return runaway slaves to their owners?
(a) Henry Clay.
(b) Theodore Parker.
(c) Frederick Douglass.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
3. What did the overseer throw at the runaway slave but instead hit Harriet with it in Chapter 7: “Shuck this Corn”?
(a) A two-pound weight.
(b) A hatchet.
(c) A log.
(d) A rock.
4. When did William Still publish the book of slaves’ records in The Underground Railroad?
5. On what date did Reverend Theodore Parker write a letter to Millard Fillmore in Chapter 12: “Freedom’s Clothes”?
(a) April 28, 1856.
(b) June 3, 1846.
(c) August 7, 1852.
(d) November 21, 1850.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nat Turner was a slave where, according to the author in Chapter 6: “The Underground Road”?
2. Who served as a watchdog and guardian of runaway slaves in Ripley, according to the author in Chapter 6: “The Underground Road”?
3. Who was the secretary of the Philadelphia Vigilance Committee when Harriet first visited it in Chapter 11: “Stranger in a Strange Land”?
4. How much money’s worth of “flesh and bone and muscle that belonged to Maryland planters” does the author say Harriet was smuggling to Canada in Chapter 14: “The Railroad Runs to Canada”?
5. The office of the Philadelphia Vigilance Committee was located upstairs in what building?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)