|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15: "Go On or Die".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the nearest village to the plantation where Harriet Tubman was born?
2. What was the chief crop on the Eastern shore at the time when Harriet was hired out in Chapter 4: “Hired Out”?
3. Who did Harriet and the fugitives meet when they arrived in Syracuse, New York, in Chapter 15: “Go On or Die”?
(a) Reverend J.W. Loguen.
(b) General David Hunter.
(c) Dr. Anthony Thompson.
(d) Reverend Theodore Parker.
4. How many siblings did Harriet Tubman have in Chapter 4: “Hired Out”?
5. Who was the president of the Philadelphia Vigilance Committee when Harriet first visited it in Chapter 11: “Stranger in a Strange Land”?
(a) John A. Andrew.
(b) Jacob Jackson.
(c) J. Miller McKim.
(d) Franklin B. Sanborn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month was it that Harriet was leading the fugitives to Canada in the beginning of Chapter 15: “Go On or Die”?
2. How many rooms comprised the cabins in the slave quarters where Harriet Tubman was born?
3. How much wood did Harriet usually cut per day as a part of her father’s team in Chapter 8: “Minta Becomes Harriet”?
4. The yellow of Harriet’s quilt is described as being like what flower in Chapter 9: “The Patchwork Quilt”?
5. What Secretary of State was persuaded in 1826 to ask the Canadian government to work out a plan to return runaway slaves to their owners?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)