|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: "A Glory Over Everything".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special day occurred at the end of the month, according to the narrator in Chapter 3: “Six Years Old”?
(a) Tax day.
(b) Remission day.
(c) Issue day.
(d) Arbor day.
2. What name was Harriet Tubman called as a child?
3. What was the name of Harriet’s sister that worked in the Big House in Chapter 10: “A Glory Over Everything”?
4. Who published the first issue of The Liberator?
(a) Thomas Wentworth Higginson.
(b) George Ticknor Curtis.
(c) William Lloyd Garrison.
(d) William Henry Ross.
5. What food did Harriet take with her when she fled North alone in Chapter 10: “A Glory Over Everything”?
(a) Cornbread and pickled eggs.
(b) Ashcake and salt herring.
(c) Smoked catfish and gingerbread.
(d) Pretzels and cheese.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Harriet do housework in the home where she and her father were hired out before asking if she could work with the men in Chapter 8: “Minta Becomes Harriet”?
2. Harriet discovered that Old Rit had originally been willed to a young woman on the condition that she be freed at what age in Chapter 9: “The Patchwork Quilt”?
3. Who was to oversee the plantation after Edward Brodas died?
4. How old was Harriet when “the whispering about freedom increased,” according to the narrator in Chapter 2: “The First Years”?
5. Who does Old Rit say is in Cambridge staying at the tavern in Chapter 5: “Flight”?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)