|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: "A Glory Over Everything".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Denmark Vesey and his followers plan to kill all of the white people, according to the narrator in Chapter 2: “The First Years”?
(a) Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) Birmingham, Alabama.
(c) Schenectady, New York.
(d) Bucktown, Maryland.
2. In what year was Harriet Tubman born?
3. What year was it that Harriet started wearing a bandana, according to the author in Chapter 6: “The Underground Road”?
4. What was the chief crop on the Eastern shore at the time when Harriet was hired out in Chapter 4: “Hired Out”?
5. On what date was Nat Turner executed?
(a) September 27, 1827.
(b) May 19, 1828.
(c) November 11, 1831.
(d) February 4, 1824.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomas Jefferson was President of the United States during what years?
2. In what year did Henry Clay make a second plea to the government of Canada, according to the author in Chapter 5: “Flight”?
3. What was the name of Miss Susan’s visiting sister in Chapter 5: “Flight”?
4. How old was Thomas Jefferson when he died?
5. How long did Harriet do housework in the home where she and her father were hired out before asking if she could work with the men in Chapter 8: “Minta Becomes Harriet”?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)