|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: "Minta Becomes Harriet".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The slave that ran away while the others were shucking corn in Chapter 7: “Shuck this Corn” belonged to whom?
(a) Mr. Sims.
(b) Mr. Jackson.
(c) Mr. Douglas.
(d) Mr. Barrett.
2. What special day occurred at the end of the month, according to the narrator in Chapter 3: “Six Years Old”?
(a) Arbor day.
(b) Tax day.
(c) Issue day.
(d) Remission day.
3. On what date was Nat Turner executed?
(a) February 4, 1824.
(b) November 11, 1831.
(c) May 19, 1828.
(d) September 27, 1827.
4. Who served as a watchdog and guardian of runaway slaves in Ripley, according to the author in Chapter 6: “The Underground Road”?
(a) Reverend J.W. Loguen.
(b) Reverend John Rankin.
(c) Reverend Theodore Parker.
(d) Reverend Samuel Cornish.
5. Tice Davids was a slave that ran away from his owner where?
(a) In Kentucky.
(b) In Georgia.
(c) In Alabama.
(d) In Mississippi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harriet Greene was usually called what, according to the narrator inChapter 1: “The Quarter”?
2. What name was Harriet Tubman called as a child?
3. Thomas Jefferson was President of the United States during what years?
4. Nat Turner was a slave where, according to the author in Chapter 6: “The Underground Road”?
5. Where was The Liberator published?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)