|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: "Minta Becomes Harriet".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slaves were hung along with Denmark Vesey for plotting the insurrection, according to the author in Chapter 2: “The First Years”?
2. What was the name of Miss Susan’s visiting sister in Chapter 5: “Flight”?
(a) Miss Johanna.
(b) Miss Emily.
(c) Miss Rebecca.
(d) Miss Daisy.
3. In what county does the author describe parties at the big plantations during harvest time in Chapter 7: “Shuck this Corn”?
(a) Talbot County.
(b) Jefferson County.
(c) Trinity County.
(d) Dorchester County.
4. How many rooms comprised the cabins in the slave quarters where Harriet Tubman was born?
5. What were the names of the two men who helped Denmark Vesey in the resurrection by building homemade pikes?
(a) John Chase and William Bailey.
(b) Henry K. Durrant and George Ticknor Curtis.
(c) Charles Nalle and John A. Andrew.
(d) Peter Poyas and Mingo Harth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harriet Greene was usually called what, according to the narrator inChapter 1: “The Quarter”?
2. How old was Thomas Jefferson when he died?
3. Denmark Vesey bought his freedom when he was how old, according to the narrator in Chapter 2: “The First Years”?
4. What name was Harriet Tubman called as a child?
5. The woman who came looking for a young female slave to hire out in Chapter 4: “Hired Out” was married to whom?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)